gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975610 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 20, 2024, 12:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Winstanleys
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winstanleys  (Read 7478 times)

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Winstanleys
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:43 PM »
So i ordered a white subrosa pandora DTT 21" from winstanleys earlier this week , arrived today , came back from work @ 6:00

opened the box......

......and saw a black 21" pandora returned by Seventies in 2009 for replacement ( crack @ headtube,dents in frame, POS )

Now how the Fcuk does that happen ? , talk about a bummer.....

whats funny is that they had put my order confirmation inside the box , how does someone do that ?

will let you know how this one developes ,had my weekend all planned out on the build so am pi$$ed off   :tickedoff:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: Winstanleys
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:46 PM »
Should have gone to the rad shop  :daumenhoch:

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:50 PM »
i thought i was getting a deal, but you know this is going to turn into a ball of sh!te

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:53 PM »
If you contact them in the morning they will sort it for you :daumenhoch:

stevied

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:57 PM »
i bought one last week off them and all was good, i was a little cautious ordering from them as ive heard of them being useless but all went well and no probs at all. its getting built very slowly over the next few weeks. only problem ive encountered so far is that ive had to make my own london mod for it as the odyssey one dont fit seeing as it has 2 top tubes.
fooking awesome looking bit of kit though  :daumenhoch:

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:01 PM »
You can go into the shop tell them what you want as you have to show then on the computer screen what you want and they will still bring the wrong item to the counter. You need to leave yourself half a day free if you decide to go instore... They are cheaper than most around here which is there good point.

Matt

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 11:02 PM »
should be a bit of crack hearing how they managed to send me that 2009 wrecked frame , what a laugh   :2funny:

*stevied , i finally bought one after seeing your post , so i reckon its your fault and you owe me   ;D

stevied

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04 PM »
i doubt it took a lot of persuading to buy one at that price   :daumenhoch:

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 11:14 PM »

...but i might end up with a pre-fcuked pandora aswell !    if they dont make me return it ......result    ;D

stevied

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 11:16 PM »
could be a bit of a result  :daumenhoch:

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 09:18 AM »
sorry to copy and old post of Harris', but 

WINSTANLEYS ARE LIERS.

nosepickben

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 02:41 PM »
I ordered a kids bike from them, they sent the right bike on a raggy old resealed box, the bike had clearly been built up , had spanner marks, wheel fitting marks, pedals just thrown loose in the box.
I emalied them pictures and a good long winded account of things and they offered "10% off" (good joke) or a refund, they said they could not send a replacement as the bike was last years model and out of stock. They offered some (higher priced) alternatives but wanted me to pay the difference. Then in a stroke of genius, their customer services lady straight up denies the fact they had a 2011 model in stock despite me having it in front of me on their website page ( i spelt her out the link"silly me " she says, yes, silly you iindeed) anyway, a deal was struck whereas i got the 2011 model for the price of the discounted 2010 model and they paid all postage costs.
Moral- make sure you are prepared to have the deal go wrong and have time to sort it out!
It's the lads birthday tomorrow, bike all ready, all this happened in november fortunately.
Yep, winstanleys sure try to bend the truth a bit

sanderson

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 07:15 PM »
go to a proper bmx shop next time. :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Reading all this makes me wonder one thing??? Why the fook didnt you go to the rad shop first????
Im nothing to do with it but the guys who run it are on here every day!! Not gonna be able to duck out of it if theres a problem.

If the price was the issue Im sure they would price match, youve got to be mad going to winstanleys :knuppel2:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Ratty , yup it was the price , i couldnt resist it ( was cheap )   :-X

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Got to agree with what Ratty says , always best to give the Rad shop a ring first good honest guys who will always help you out.  :daumenhoch: Winstanleys are a total waste of time i live local to them and wont use them . :yahoo_silent:

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 10:48 PM »
winstanleys are collecting the frame and will then ship me the correct frame , so lets see what happens , if i get it next week i guess its resolved

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 10:51 PM »
BTW , thanks Lenny for the kind offer i owe you     :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:32 PM by popedante »

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 03:42 PM »

was arrange to be collected today from my house , took the day off work so as i would be there
anyway got an email from winstanleys @ 11:30 THIS MORNING telling me the collection was cancelled    >:(
so now i have to wait till friday as they need 48 hours to arrange a new collection ( another day off work  )

anyway now the frame is going to cost me about another £100+ ontop of what i paid as i will loose 2 days wages

i will never deal with winstanleys again , they are a bunch of clowns and i still dont have my fookin frame.....

i emailed them and told them that i was now going to be out of pocket to the tune of £100 and they just ignore the whole issue in their reply , just the usual b0ll0x you get from these "customer service" numptys.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 06:45 PM »

was arrange to be collected today from my house , took the day off work so as i would be there
anyway got an email from winstanleys @ 11:30 THIS MORNING telling me the collection was cancelled    >:(
so now i have to wait till friday as they need 48 hours to arrange a new collection ( another day off work  )

anyway now the frame is going to cost me about another £100+ ontop of what i paid as i will loose 2 days wages

i will never deal with winstanleys again , they are a bunch of clowns and i still dont have my fookin frame.....

i emailed them and told them that i was now going to be out of pocket to the tune of £100 and they just ignore the whole issue in their reply , just the usual b0ll0x you get from these "customer service" numptys.

If you`ve got the time and can be bothered all this is able to be claimed back, it is part of your Statuary Rights that you should get full compensation for Winstanleys for their mistakes  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

mamadirt

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Hope you've got the Pandora sorted.  I use Winstanleys quite a bit - I've had the odd problem with stuff being out of stock but have to say that mostly delivery on in-stock stuff is pretty quick.  I've been keeping an eye on their http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/ site as opposed to the BMX one as they have a lot of mega cheap offers on older BMX ex-display bikes often appearing on a daily basis.  Spotted one of the first Subrosa completes from 2008 on there this week for £99  :shocked: (only a hi-ten Salvador but it'll be a cracking little ride for work) advertised as incomplete, very scratched but missing only pedals and pegs - couldn't resist pulling the trigger and it's just arrived  :D - few tiny chips to the headtube and toptube and scuffed up downtube decal but other than that fine . . . even came with a spare cheapo front brake and chainguard thrown in the box  :2funny: . . . anyone?  ;D

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 02:33 PM »
frame arrived yesterday , wrong frame again   :wtf:

what i ordered was the 2010 (normal seat post ) , what i got was the 2009 (integrated seat post )

at least they are getting closer    :2funny:

i ordered this on the 10th of January   :(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:36 PM by popedante »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Not to good really is it...  Hope they sort it out for you soon  :daumenhoch:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 06:26 PM »
Winstanleys ........ they couldnt organise a jump in a brothel .

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 12:13 AM »
have sent a long email to Lydia in customer service outlining the history of this order , now that they dont have a 2010 model am i expected to accept the 2009 ?
if the frame is to be returned this will be another unpaid day off work ontop of the two i have had to take already , so 3 days X £50 = £150 + £149 for the frame = £300 for a 2009 frame that i could have bought frome several places for less , but i dont want the 2009 thats why i ordered the 2010 ! , like a lot of people i wasnt keen on the integrated seatpost thats why i didnt buy one of these earlier , from the tone of their emails they could'nt give a toss about it ( customer service ! )  i know the price was cheap , but hey thats the price they advertised it at its not my fault they buggered up the delivery/collection and now have none left

how should i deal with Winstanleys ?, i am caught here as if i go for a refund i am still down the £100 wages that i lost.

What Would Jesus Do ?   ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Winstanleys

gfxgfx
gfx gfx