gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975771 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 11:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:33 PM »
I've been thinking about this more and more, and its starting to really grate me so I thought i'd get this off my chest. I sold a little while back a f/f to someone but found out recently that it was sold on almost straight away for a considerable profit and I was knocked down in price to meet their situation, as I was told they didn't have a lot of money to play with and me being me, I dropped the price to what I paid for it after paint/decals and didn't make a penny, but they did, and I mean a large profit almost immediately  :-[ Now I ain't mentioning names, but I'm sure many are in this game to make money and that's it....  >:( fook the old school and getting back to your childhood stuff etc.. people are starting to really do this for profit which seriously annoys me as its taking the fun out of it...  because how I see it is, build up a few bikes, ride a bit, have a laugh with my mates on here and that's it. I ain't gonna win shows or tart something up for profit, I do it because of the love of it and over the years I've lost hundreds and hundreds on stuff but its a hobbie and one I intend to stick with. There's also a few on ebay also i've seen that are just there to take the piss and charge top dollar for stuff, again only with the intention to make a large profit on old school stuff. Anyway rant over. Just felt I needed to get that off my chest.

Matt.

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:45 PM »

now that you have had your moan , have you posted my tyres yet young man ?  :knuppel2:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 02:46 PM »

now that you have had your moan , have you posted my tyres yet young man ?  :knuppel2:

Yep went out the other day Mike, you should have had them by now  :-\

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Sell me both sets of your GT pads then Matt, at what you paid  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: only joking dude, i cut you a cup of coffee to  ;)

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Thats it Matt let it all out...Breathe.... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 02:52 PM »

you may have scuppered my plan of sneaking more bmx into the house whilst my wife is working away with your p1ss poor postal service !  :LolLolLolLol:

no big deal , i'll just say it must be a mix up or something  :2funny:

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Sell me both sets of your GT pads then Matt, at what you paid  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: only joking dude, i cut you a cup of coffee to  ;)

See you made the same mistake of telling the ultimate tyre kicker what u had stashed aswell   :-X

:angel:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 02:54 PM »

Mike they are wrapped in a bin bag, you could say it is your rubber outfit that's turned up  ;D

you may have scuppered my plan of sneaking more bmx into the house whilst my wife is working away with your p1ss poor postal service !  :LolLolLolLol:

no big deal , i'll just say it must be a mix up or something  :2funny:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 02:55 PM »

See you made the same mistake of telling the ultimate tyre kicker what u had stashed aswell   :-X

:angel:

Yes you've seen the stash, although there was more but all of that was well wrapped up  :D will dig out your bits over the weekend Daz  ;)

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 02:55 PM »

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 02:56 PM »

You seriously are cruising Muff diver, if it wasnt for the fact your missus is 8ft tall then id  :knuppel2: (well she looks 8ft next to you)  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 02:57 PM »

You seriously are cruising Muff diver, if it wasnt for the fact your missus is 8ft tall then id  :knuppel2: (well she looks 8ft next to you)  :LolLolLolLol:

Fooking you look about 16ft tall next to me and Daz, we're proper bit taller than Spens  ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58 PM »
I have to admit I'm terrible for buying things then selling them, then buying more things and selling them again. Don't think i make much money out of it though and what I do make gets plowed all back into buying more bmx parts.

Part of the problem for me though is I'll have a build in mind, start collecting the parts and then change my mind on the colour so I'll have to sell the original parts to fund the new coloured parts.

I'm trying to build a few really nice bikes for the shop and then the rest of my parts will be sold off to help pay of my credit card.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 03:00 PM »
I have to admit I'm terrible for buying things then selling them, then buying more things and selling them again. Don't think i make much money out of it though and what I do make gets plowed all back into buying more bmx parts.

Part of the problem for me though is I'll have a build in mind, start collecting the parts and then change my mind on the colour so I'll have to sell the original parts to fund the new coloured parts.

I'm trying to build a few really nice bikes for the shop and then the rest of my parts will be sold off to help pay of my credit card.  :LolLolLolLol:

Si, DX's arrived by the way and are very sweet  :smitten:

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 03:09 PM »

Anyone looks 8ft tall next to me :2funny:  :2funny:

mark 2

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 03:16 PM »
Matt, it's been happening since day one in this hobby, there's been plenty of wheeler dealer conning fookers trying to make a fast buck.  Who was it, it's worth knowing so it doesn't happen again.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Well as I said lads "no names mentioned" as I don't want to rock the boat too much, I just wanted to get it off me chest...

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Just be selective who you deal with Matt. I put stuff on ebay if i dont know its worth, or if i need to raise cash quickly for reasons outside of BMX as has been the case recently. A good friend of mine on here had a similar experience to you with a complete bike that had huge sentimental value to him (his bike from the 80's). He was talked into selling it to a guy because it was his "dream bike from bitd " but it was flipped for big money a couple of weeks later.

As Mark says, it seems to be a part of this hobby that has always been there and always will. Its a shame but just be aware of it and seal with those who you trust.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Dom's right, I'll only buy from trusted members from now on. Especially after being shafted with those tyres I bought and never got. :knuppel2:

moomin

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 05:12 PM »
It's gutting when people do this, luckily most people see through the scammers, we were talking to someone just the other week who had a radster trying to do them over on a load of bits, luckily he smelled a rat and didn't part with anything but if he haden't been so wise he would have joined the long list of lost already shafted up the arse  :daumenhoch:

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 05:24 PM »
i am afraid this prevails in most hobbies,i used to be into vintage volkswagens and you would see the same dudes at the shows all in it for the money trying to scoop stuff from you and selling it themselves.
on facebook recently i posted an old bmx pic of me and one of my friends replied he had his old bmx from bitd.
another "friend" who didnt even know the one who replied private messaged him trying to buy it from him,making out he was into oldschool just to flip it on the bay!
tossers!

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 05:28 PM »
i agree with you matt, tis a shame this happens. have seen things sell on here sell cheap and then for big money on eBay. have seen a few parts sell on the bay and appear on here for big money. i for one will try to sell anything i have bought on here back on here and stuff off ebay back on there. have thought this since i joined the site. good to have a rant though matt :daumenhoch: now have a drink or 2 :D

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 07:29 PM »

Fooking you look about 16ft tall next to me and Daz, we're proper bit taller than Spens  ;D

16 ft wide :LolLolLolLol: his hands are the size of a hillman imp  :2funny: Matt you ever wanna sell the blue gt pads let me know , need em for me performer :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 07:33 PM »

16 ft wide :LolLolLolLol: his hands are the size of a hillman imp  :2funny: Matt you ever wanna sell the blue gt pads let me know , need em for me performer :daumenhoch:

Gangle, just cos you shit out of Online certain death again tonight dont start getting your revenge on here  :LolLolLolLol: did you tall anyone i beat you 4.0 on our 1-1 yesterday  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 07:52 PM »
no cause it aint as important to me as it is to you :LolLolLolLol: anyhows was getting quite tiresome keep beating ya , must have fell asleep on watch :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

gfxgfx
gfx gfx