gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Veg-O-Matic...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Veg-O-Matic...  (Read 3499 times)

subversion

Veg-O-Matic...
« on: November 18, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Decided to watch Headfirst tonight & was quite inspired by it, not to eat chewed up food from someone else's mouth but to try to put a spark back into my dwindling interest in all things BMX. Totally enjoyed looking at the mid-skool bikes & tricks & it brought back lots of good memories to me of those 'good ole days' It even made me want to dust off the 20" & go ride a spine ramp ;)

So, I decided to scan some photo's of my mid-era bikes that I rode way back when & decided to post them up here. I'd very much like to see your old pictures of your 90's rides should you care to upload them here?

1991 GT Vertigo as new

1992 Hoffman Condor

1992 Homeless Soul Bro

firebird4130

Re: Veg-O-Matic...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:23 PM »
love that soul bro  :smitten: I had a couple bitd, do you still have it?

subversion

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Wish I did Fraz! it ended up broken by another rider :'(

firebird4130

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32 PM »
damn, still have no recollection of getting rid of my 2, loved that frame, I wonder how many there must be knocking about

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:42 PM »
Nice one Ian. Good stuff. I remember riding with you on most of those bikes (I dont think I knew you on the GT, you had an orange bash guard Haro when we first started riding together)

Come join us at Corby next tuesday. Yesterday it was me, Mason Smith and Spooner all riding the newish 5ft spine. Im gunna have to put 4 pegs on for next week!

subversion

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:42 PM »
damn, still have no recollection of getting rid of my 2, loved that frame, I wonder how many there must be knocking about

Not many me thinks... it was this frame that got me into riding shorter bikes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:47 PM by subversion »

subversion

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:46 PM »
Nice one Ian. Good stuff. I remember riding with you on most of those bikes (I dont think I knew you on the GT, you had an orange bash guard Haro when we first started riding together)

Come join us at Corby next tuesday. Yesterday it was me, Mason Smith and Spooner all riding the newish 5ft spine. Im gunna have to put 4 pegs on for next week!

Yeah good times bud :daumenhoch: you & Ozzer tearing up Botley bowl!! >:D I'll have to see about Corbs dude, money is tighty @ the mo but see if I can swing it & let ya know... ;)

condor96

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 03:12 AM »
head first is a very inspiring video, so is ride on  :coolsmiley:

lovin the condor and the soul bro wow!  :shocked: freakin awesome  :daumenhoch:  :daumenhoch:

are those canti mounts on the front of those two??

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 12:06 PM »
Come join us at Corby next tuesday.
Oi!  What time you going to be there dude?  Ill go up if you're going for sure!

Tuesday nights, 7 till 9 (now that Corby shuts at 9!). Hopefully its a FIXED winter session but as always, all my plans are subject to change at the last minute! Give me a shout before you leave to make sure.

JT71

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 12:12 PM »
great pics Ian.

I'm gonna start trying to get to corby on Tuesdays, and Epic on Sundays....when my heel is fixed.

Jay Brand

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 12:27 PM »
Not very many Soul Bro's around anymore. I have been searching for  about 3 years with no luck.  Here is a pic of my Homeless Mack XL, its not much diffrent from the way I had it BITD.

subversion

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 06:00 PM »
are those canti mounts on the front of those two??

Yeah I cut a set out of some old MTB forks & got them braised on - can't take any artistic credit as I stole the idea from Alex! ;) they were soo much more effective than the shit side-pull brakes of the time though :daumenhoch:

The rear drop outs were thickened to 10mm too.

great pics Ian.

I'm gonna start trying to get to corby on Tuesdays, and Epic on Sundays....when my heel is fixed.

Cool Joe, sorry I've been a bit quiet on the bike front of late but defo up for a trip with you dudes soon eh :daumenhoch:

Very nice (& hellishly rare) Jay Brand, did you get my PM dude?

SO WHERE ARE ALL YOUR OLD MID SKOOL BIKE PICS/RIDING PICS THEN GENTS??

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 06:05 PM »
great memos sub,cracking rides...you just dont get nice rides like them anymore,hail the small independant companies ,we need them back.

Jay Brand

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Got the PM sub, sent one back your way. I have never seen another XL Mack but I hear that a guy in Texas still has his. If you want to talk rare Homeless, the prototype aluminum flatland frame that Gregg had built has never re surfaced and I still cant find one of the limited edition Homeless cruiser frames that were built and sold localy in Austin. Be on the lookout though, Dave Parrick is releasing a Homeless DVD box set (he is still shooting interviews with ex riders) but it will include (at this point) Highway to hell, Trash and Daves masterpiece Nowhere Fast.
Also be on the lookout for Homeless Mack and Soul Bros decal sets to be for sale at Empire distibutions (formally Trend) by the end of the year.Thanks to Smokin Steve Styler, he did all of the legwork to get these decals re issued. 

firebird4130

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 06:37 PM »
that mack is sweet too  :daumenhoch:

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 08:16 PM »
nice pics of the bikes ian  8) love the homeless bike -total '90's build ,all black n chrome  :daumenhoch: not like the fancy colours the kids are using these days  :2funny:

subversion

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 06:57 PM »
you just dont get nice rides like them anymore,hail the small independant companies ,we need them back.

Hell yes brother!

Looking at the condor I can't recall who made the Gyro cover? but I'm sure that the bottom headset race cover was made by Homeless as I seem to remember it had the 'H' logo on it (the same as on their shin guards) Oh & the DK stem was also a homeless variant, bought off a completely 'spangled' Sheps for £20 at the Rider Cup :LolLolLolLol:

christhejob

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 08:40 PM »
that;s a KHE gyro cover..   was hoping it was one of "mine" (and will evans') 20 ones, but no, you had to support ze germans!!

teamsano

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 09:58 PM »
do you know what happened to the soul bro? my friend has one with 'custom' 10mm dropouts too.

subversion

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 10:18 PM »
that;s a KHE gyro cover..   was hoping it was one of "mine" (and will evans') 20 ones, but no, you had to support ze germans!!

I think I may well have ran one of yours at some point too Chris

do you know what happened to the soul bro? my friend has one with 'custom' 10mm dropouts too.

I sold it to a friend & I think it maybe got cracked at the head tube(?) I don't know what happened to it but I'll ask & report back mate...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Veg-O-Matic...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx