gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 05:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  RVR TRACK BUILD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RVR TRACK BUILD  (Read 8010 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: RVR TRACK BUILD
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 11:14 PM »
Looking good :daumenhoch:

is it longer than before?

Quite a lot longer,will be good for endurance training :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Looking good James, Its gotta be a good feeling after all your (and everyone involved) hard work. Me Bof and Dubber will be in attendance when its rideable :daumenhoch:

You betcha

The old TinteractTrickTeam will be out to bust it  and let the blazer and cravate wearing man from Del Monte cast his verdict  :D

hudu

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Before...

Now....with the first bits of colouring in done...

Was hoping for it to be ready for the weekend - but the weather has played a shitty card on us. Probably ETA weekend after now. Gonna be soft and boggy for a while.

moley

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Its lookin' good!!  :daumenhoch:

tolaknawris

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 08:45 PM »

:coolsmiley:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 11:31 PM »
 :) Went to the track today,was full of strange men with funny accents... :daumenhoch:

proclass35

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 07:12 AM »
It's looking good. Not far for us, so I think we'll have a run out soon.
 Have you got a layer of MOT stone under that top coat though? It might be 'soft and boggy' for a long time otherwise. We spent a lot of time and effort last winter lifting every straight at Preston and putting a layer of stone under. I appreciate it's not cheap, but it's the only way of keeping a track serviceable in this country.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 09:18 AM »
 Have you got a layer of MOT stone under that top coat though? It might be 'soft and boggy' for a long time otherwise. We spent a lot of time and effort last winter lifting every straight at Preston and putting a layer of stone under. I appreciate it's not cheap, but it's the only way of keeping a track serviceable in this country.

Will have sub- base layer everywhere before surface goes on...No cowboys here :daumenhoch: 

JD_76

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Nice one James, the track looks great - top effort from all involved.

Looking forward to a roll on that  :daumenhoch:

proclass35

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 10:05 AM »

Will have sub- base layer everywhere before surface goes on...No cowboys here :daumenhoch: 

Cool. It really helps with the water run-off and frost, Prestons ridable all year round now. Too many tracks were/are being built with no stone layer between the top coat and the soil. We had about 4" of top coat on, which we thought was fine- It got p!ss wet through and then hit with a frost, which when it thawed out turned the whole track to mush and soft spots. Once this happens the topcoat is knackered, no matter how many times you whack it- and we were faced with a bloody big repair bill!

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 06:31 PM »
:) Went to the track today,was full of strange men with funny accents... :daumenhoch:

That's because you're oop narth, and like me, speak the queens. LOL

bof

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 04:30 PM »
I went to have a quick look at the track today , a big props to James he is putting his heart and soul into the place  :daumenhoch:.
I had forgotten how long the 2nd straight was  :D but the 3rd 4th and 5th straight will get sessioned to death they look mint . it looks like Phil has had a bit of a nightmare with the weather , afew days of weather like today would go down great im sure. :daumenhoch:
I personally cant wait for a spin round , the 2nd straight is going to be awesome for some summer evening sprint training. :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Are there plenty of tabletops so I can practice falling off on them?   :D

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Shuddup Bof ,I'm getting all excited  :D :D :D

Gonna have to buy a N/S bike to sesh on for when it gets light at night again then  :4_17_5:

Diggler will be pleased  :coolsmiley:

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

hudu

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2009, 06:59 PM »
We all ache, lots.  :(

:daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 07:27 PM »
 :) Track is almost finished now..Just built up my new Dialled MX20R,thanks to Mike and Fastlane mag :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 08:04 PM »
are we allowed to ride it yet james?    :)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 08:23 PM »
are we allowed to ride it yet james?    :)

Not rideable all over yet.But I`m sure we`d make make an exception for you :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 08:25 PM »
It's looking good!!

I can't wait to give a go!!

Is that part of the track in the distance (top right) or is that a part of the old track?

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 08:50 PM »
 :) Part of the track.Few bits still to be surfaced/finished and then just tidying up.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 09:20 AM »
How many miles long is it ?  :shocked:

It looks Mahooooosive , don't know if my legs could manage a full race  :D

Is it downhill  :-\

:)

moley

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 09:40 AM »
It looks Mahooooosive , don't know if my legs could manage a full race

Ya cant use that as a excuse Dubber...............Bof only has l'il legs too ya know!!!

Whats the parking situation?

Did you manage to fit any onto the track area or is all the parking at the Cricket Club?

Also all the other amenities like, club house (container), toilets etc, etc.  Have you worked these things out into your budget or are these things going to be worked out at a later date?

I can't wait!!!  :)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2009, 10:55 AM »
theres a small car park next to the track that can hold about 15 cars, the next available parking is a locked road along side the track, hoping to get a key cut so we can get access, toilets are at the top end of the park (or the stream that runs around the track) with a little cafe....  ;)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Is that part of the track in the distance (top right) or is that a part of the old track?

That's the path up to the start gate

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2009, 09:31 AM »
 Posted on talk by my partner in crime...

Hudu) has almost finished the track, it should be finished Friday 6 November and open to the public Saturday 7 November.

I am sure that all riders will agree that he has done an amazing job, considering the budget and the lack of space. 

We are planning an official lauch date of Saturday 21 November, further details to follow.

For those not lucky enough to live up north to visit our new track, please check out the pictures on http://www.roachvalleyraiders.co.uk

If you do try out the track, please let me know any feedback.

As usual thank you for all the support, advice and well wishes and I look fowrad to seeing you at the track.

YvonneHeywoodGirl

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  RVR TRACK BUILD

gfxgfx
gfx gfx