gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 02:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help!  (Read 491 times)

medved

help!
« on: October 13, 2009, 12:10 PM »
I'm a member at brixton, a really friendly club and have started riding after buying a BMX on a whim.

i thouroughly enjoy it, my daughter (5) is exicited about the bikes and having a go and my young son (2 1/2) enjoys beiong pushed around the garden on my bmx and generally doing anything daddy does.

i even have a nice cruiser set aside for the wife, for when she might give it a go.

seems sorted .....right?.......wrong

TBH the wife is really not interested and sees it only as 'my hobby' even so much to say that i'm doing it to get out of looking after the kids.

any ideas on how to get her on side and the kids involved? i'm trying to encourage my daughter to ride without stabilisers so she can join us on the track, and i'm pretty sure that the some will follow suit.

it sems that unless i can encourage the wife to want to turn up with me and see it as a good bit of fun for all the family my brieft stint at BMX may be a short lived thing

please help!

sweetbeats

Re: help!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 12:14 PM »
BMX will keep the kids fit,make them grow socially,give them a competitive edge and give them hours of enjoyment....If the wife can't see those positives stick her on ebay with no reserve and 99p starting bid  :daumenhoch:

telelogic

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Had the same deal with my wife!

wasn't interested, thought it was kids stuff, was happy for me to do it but had no interest in it herself!

Sat down to watch my new copy of Joe kid on a stingray last christmas eve, She sat and watched (I thought she'd be bored after 5 mins) and at the end she turned to me with a massive grin on her face and said "I want a BMX"

she came on the London charity ride last month and had a ball!

Out every chance we can get! she's picking up tricks really quickly and really really enjoys it!

If we had kids I know she'd be even more keen, for all the reasons mentioned above.

it's great for the kids to feel part of something too :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 03:22 PM »
Women who understand and get into BMX are a rare breed.  I stopped trying to persuade mine to get involved a long time ago and now I just go off to races without her whenever I feel like it and she's now come to accept it.  My son comes with me sometimes and hoping my daughter will get into it a bit next year as well.  Maybe she'll take a bit more interest if both kids are racing too, but it not, no biggie, we'll just do our own thing.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  help!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx