gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 10:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden autumn open sat 10th oct.its on!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden autumn open sat 10th oct.its on!!!  (Read 1692 times)

jazzyje

Hersden autumn open sat 10th oct.its on!!!
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:30 PM »
  we are very pleased to announce that a sponsor has kindly offered to supply the trophies for this event.many thanks to Cyclesport of sheerness for their generosity. as you know this race is purely to raise funds for a new compressor and maybe even a new generator.with the trophies covered we should be well on our way to raising enough money for them.

all we need now is for you to turn up and race.being on a saturday is not ideal for some but with the hectic winter schedule and the nights drawing in we felt this was the best time.as the season has finished for the most of us maybe all you new cruiser riders might like to get out the o/s bikes and see if spillers can cut it still at the home of oldschool ,after demolishing some very good opposition at the brits.(you up for it spills?).
   good fun event with some nice trophies on offer.
  our website is down for a while due to circumstances out of our control, so all info will be posted on here and bmxtalk.
    register by 12 noon and normal race fees etc.
  hope to see you all there,a proper oldschool race before it gets to nasty to take them out.
   justin .

jazzyje

Re: Hersden autumn open sat 10th oct.its on!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 08:26 PM »
who's coming then?

TK The Mic

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:07 AM »
Me ;D

Many apologies to everyone about our website being down for over a week, it has been paid for after our first year was up but for some reason it has not been activated, hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Will make plenty of announcements at Andover (along with mentioning Dagenham the day after :daumenhoch:). Dont forget that trophies are up for grabs, so it will be worth paying us a visit, if you can.

See me Sunday at Andover or Hersden next week.

TK

moomin

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:48 AM »
It looks like Ratty, Kev Riviere and Kev Carlin will be in attendance, hopefully Spike will show as well  :daumenhoch:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Jennie & i will be there for more old school action...........& to get another glimpse at Billy Omars "BIG ONE"...........I'm talking about his #1 plate.....NOT! Lol

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:52 AM »
      Yes i'll be there flashing ma big one about with my bike & racing Old School.  Plus with son of corse.
      Can we make 2 full gates of O S. ;)

The photo,s great

hooga1975

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Im gonna drag my sorry ass out of retirement and race on Saturday.  It has been nearly a year since I last raced so I think Hersden is gonna be perfect for getting the legs spinning again :daumenhoch:

medved

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 12:12 PM »
i cant make it i'm afraid, got children to take to the theatre that day.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Behave yourself hooga, i did Hersden then Milton Keynes the very next week after a 23 year break so come on mate, get there it'll be great especially if the weather is like it is now. Infact i've come on to appeal to all those with old school 20" & cruiser to do both classes............& how does doing master on our OS 20's as well sound. Can't have poor Hodge & Fitz trying to T-bone each other all the time now can we. And before you all start on the fitness cop out..........if you can't do Hersden 3 times on the spin you don't deserve to be called a Bmxer. So how about it fellas...throw ya hands up, all the real racers, throw ya hands up  :daumenhoch: 

moomin

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 07:33 AM »
Im gonna drag my sorry ass out of retirement and race on Saturday.  It has been nearly a year since I last raced so I think Hersden is gonna be perfect for getting the legs spinning again :daumenhoch:

It'll be great to see you on the track again Lee, good times  :)  See if you can drag Jim down too  :-*

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Was over the track yesyerday to meet with Mic for some track maitainance. A few boggie patches appeared which we'v
sorted.Rolled most of track best we could, it was a hand roller & hard work but done the job. Covered some muddy parts
with surface. After a couple of hours shovel & broom pushing i have to say track looks pritty dam good. Roll on Saturday.

Oh someone graffited the burm, hope they spilled it rite  :idiot2:

would have been so nice to get all the kids together to paint the hole burm with some coloured artie tasteful graffiti that would look fab.
Next summer for def. 

This helps to boned the surface together, two birds in one stone? = less sweeping for some.

Notice the old school bikes, handle bars well forward.

mr.magoo

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 03:50 PM »
i just secured a pass too....just see how the knee performs :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

spillers#1

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 05:25 PM »
i'm 99% sure i'll be there  :daumenhoch: haven't been all year what with other races plus i think a couple of 4x events clashed.

But please don't anyone hurt me  :crazy2: i've heard and seen the pics of all the new nutters at hersden (yes you CARLIN and MAGOO )   :LolLolLolLol:

I'll even bring my trophy from the brits  8) did i mention i got 3rd  ::)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 06:17 PM »
did i mention i got 3rd  ::)

Don't think you did Lee  ::) but if you did ..... WASN'T LISTENING!!   ;D  Humps

jazzyje

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 06:27 PM »
track was looking mint this afternoon but i guess you know its raining.meant to stop soon but expect a wet track in the morning.we will sweep it and try our best but this the autumn open.trophies look good and thanks to cyclesport of sheerness for them.massive thanks to billy(the man with the big'un) for his track work!!!your gonna love the 2nd berm guys!!

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 08:11 PM »
The sun will have it's hat on tomorrow & if it doesn't well redal through it all......LETS AVE IT!

moomin

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Early Morning BUMP, see you all there  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 08:29 AM »
I'll be working so make sure you all pop in and say hello on the way back home. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden autumn open sat 10th oct.its on!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx