gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bike/house insurance
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bike/house insurance  (Read 389 times)

moanjam

bike/house insurance
« on: September 18, 2009, 02:48 PM »
as my collection is gettin bigger i decided to double check on my house insurance regarding pedal bikes, i phoned my insurance company and i'm only covered for 2 bikes at £500 max each  :shocked: and that is the max they will cover  :tickedoff: , anyone know any cheap stand alone policies just for pedal bikes ?

cheers dean  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

Re: bike/house insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 02:59 PM »
there isnt any cheap bike insurance most will charge you rates of 10% of the value per bike!

best to just look over the household policies and take advantage of ones that count pedal cycles under their 'any one item' limit most of them are pushing bigger limits now like M&S that have £4500 any one item and that can include any bike etc.  That way you can have as many bikes as you like and you dont even need to declare them - as long as you count them in your total insured amount for contents.....  I always had this problem with my MTB's at one time i had over £20k worth of bikes and it was a bloody nightmare until i found M&S!

I use AA now as they are pretty cheap (and i dont own the bikes.)  its worth making a few calls or filling out a confused.com form.

Thats what ive always done - plus im an Insurance Broker!

moanjam

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16 PM »
cheers crooch  :daumenhoch:

toys19

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:14 PM »
I thought, ohh great an insurance thread, I can tell everyone about M&S, Crooch beat me to it..
Not cheap, but seems pretty comprehensive.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bike/house insurance

gfxgfx
gfx gfx