gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 04:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Wow, met Shanaze Reade, seen Dennis Wingham backflip, what a day! Pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wow, met Shanaze Reade, seen Dennis Wingham backflip, what a day! Pics  (Read 1454 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Hi folks, man where do I start, still buzzin like being a kid, what an ace day. Went to the Skyride event in Leicester today, lots of cyclists on various bikes, BMX and Mountain bike display teams, food stalls etc, just general 2 wheeled fun and an 8km cycle ride around Leicester city centre.

Well I just got there and was just rollin around and could see in front of me Shanaze sitting on a bike checking things out with a few of her friends. Man she is even more beautiful  :smitten: than on telly and she is just ssooooo cool , down to earth to chat to. You know when you want to ask a thousand things when you meet some-one and your head just blanks!! But she did like the GT (good taste!!) and that sort of helped and chatted about old skool, number plates, tracks, how she was with her shoulder, and when she thinks she may be racing next..... she was just so nice and talked freely and didn't mind :4_17_5: I mentioned radbmx and she also mentioned she was thinking of building an old skool/retro bike in the future :daumenhoch:

She even had no problem signing my dyno plate (the one with the x or is it a kiss!!)

What a start to the day, then popped over to the freestyle display team, Dennis Wingham was riding the neon green bike Superbike Dan recently did....and wopped out a backflip on it. Another top cool friendly BMXer :daumenhoch: If you squint hard enough, it's Dennis doing the backflip:

Some pics of the display team, Michael Pursey (spelling?) ex racer back in mid to late 80s was doing the pa (he mentioned he now runs the Redline racing team in London)

Sue came with me, has just started riding the last few months on new skool (shock horror!!) getting her confidence up....and she didn't mind me going on about Shanaze (as if :) )

And without name dropping....met spongebob squarepants ;D He's on the right!!

So all in all a really top day out and a real surprise :).

PS: Sorry about the size of the pics, my main computer has gone up the swanny, and the laptop (which is donkey's years old) seems to take an age and has 'low virtual memory'...whatever that is, so seems to take forever to do anything, has took me about 2hrs to do this post :tickedoff: ........but I'm staying calm (just about) cos I've had an ace day :)

Paul
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:53 PM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

dan-dare

Great stuff. :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
 :daumenhoch:

daz bmx it!

Nice one  :daumenhoch:

eamonn

i would have pop up the m69 if i knew about

the tuffs look good mate

moley

You seem to be enjoying all these riding events Paul!!  :daumenhoch:

Seen Shaneze a few times but not to talk too.  She always seems down to earth and easy going!!   I've just been watching the re-runs of the UCI World Championsips on Extreme Sports.  All the rounds back to back!!  Top stuff!!

if your low on virtual memory then it means your hard disk is nearly full!!  When your RAM is full of programs/data etc etc then it overspills the data to your hard disk and uses it as vitual RAM.  So clear off some unwanted stuff off your hard disk and you'll be alright again.  If you dont have much RAM anyway then increasing it will help too because it wont have to use the Virtual RAM (Hard disk) as often.  Hard Disk is far slower than RAM!

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Cool, sounds like a great day out :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

nice one paulie  :daumenhoch:

fletchy baby

just brilliant write up that is !     

same as , would have bin there i'd of bin there too if i'd knowbn about it !!!!

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
what a corker of a day  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

dialledbikes

Shanaze is a top girl.  A great ambassador for BMX racing.

The guy on the mic will have been Michael Pusey, aka CK Flash.  More than just a racer from the 80s, but one of the top BMX racing coaches/mentors in London.  Runs Peckham BMX Club (not Redline).  Everybody loves CK.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Cool stuff  :coolsmiley:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
nice one  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
sounds like a good day bro   :daumenhoch:  glad you pointed out which one was squarebob sponge pants i was confused  :LolLolLolLol:

Lazarou

I was in Leicester yesterday! Saw the people rolling about but didn't know there was bmx!  >:( :'(

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Top Banana  ;)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Cheers guys :daumenhoch:

Came as a bit of a suprise, only found about the event a few days ago, put a post on Rad Thursday, but didn't expect to see/meet who I did. The event was to get folks out on bikes, organised by sky, there's another in London 20th September.

Bit of sky footage from yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/GoSkyride#play/all/D17EC117D30BAAEB-all/0/pCm0cmvwukg

Laz:: main event was at Abbey Park , including team extreme. Kyle Blake had a go on the GT and getting air on the skyways and doing pegs stalls (was a bit scary to watch but ridden proper for a change!!). Will get some footage up.

Mike@dialled bikes, Thanks for the correction, yeah Michael Pusey (he's not a shy guy is he ;D ). Must admit I chatted to loads of peeps and was trying to take it all in.

Moley: Thanks dude you is a genius (the Bill Gates of Rad ::)) things are must faster now :4_17_5:

And I'm still in dreamland with Shanaze.......'Paul loves Shanaze, Paul loves Shanaze' :LolLolLolLol:
Vans Style

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
nice one Paul  :daumenhoch:  looks like you had a great time.......yeam extreme were down my way last weekend, the bloke on the inline skates is mental!!  :idiot2:

dam good though!   :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

I don't really like Shanaze....thought she came across arrogant at the olympics and was pleased when she crashed  :LolLolLolLol: Not very good looking either.

dialledbikes

Re: Wow, met Shanaze Reade, seen Dennis Wingham backflip, what a day! Pics
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Mike@dialled bikes, Thanks for the correction, yeah Michael Pusey (he's not a shy guy is he ;D ).

No mate, CK definitely isn't shy.  He knows how to work a crowd and get them hyped, which is what BMX needs.  Backs it all up with results as well.  You need to see Dan Whyte and Tre Whyte race to see what CK has turned them into.  As CK would say, they're no joke!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Wow, met Shanaze Reade, seen Dennis Wingham backflip, what a day! Pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx