gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Origins?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M Origins?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
S&M Origins?
« on: August 21, 2009, 03:26 PM »
there seems to be alot o s&m stuff in the mid school  ,  i'm probably miles of with this, guys feel free to take the p*** i expect no less,,  i remember a story in rad/invert that the guys who set up s&m  did so by buying old stock skyway ta frames and sticker em up with s&m stickies?   any validity to my memories?  it just crosses my mind when i see the ta's on here, ecuse my lack of research it just crossed the old noggin again today,,   i'll get me flack jacket on ready    :LolLolLolLol:

gobshite

Re: S&M Origins?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:14 PM »
 Known as "Mad Dog," Chris started racing in 1982 at Orange Y BMX. As a friend of the Long Family (Rich Long/GT Bicycles), Chris got his start in the BMX industry working for Rich at age 12. In 1984, he worked for Chuck Robinson in the office of Robinson Racing and rode on the Robinson Support Team. During the 1986 season, Chris rode for the National #1 Bike Shop team, pedalpower, and helped test forks and frames for Privateer Bicycles. Also that year, became a test rider for BMX ACTION Magazine. In 1987, he started doing editorial work at Wizard Publications (BMX ACTION and Freestylin`), wrote the "Dog Bites" section in GO Magazine and wrote for the ABA paper on and off. Started S&M Bicycles in Santa Ana, CA in 1987. In 1990, won the ABA`s "King of Dirt" title in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The 90`s would be exciting for Chris, as he was issued many suspensions and arrests from the ABA for selling t-shirts and getting into fights, giving him the reputation as a "bad boy" of BMX. In this decade, Chris would get more involved in manufacturing by buying ELF Bicycle`s equipment when they went out of business. Started publishing a new version of BMX ACTION Magazine and changed the name to Faction BMX Magazine in 2000. That same year, Chris help co-found Fit Bike Co. with Robbie Morales. Currently in 10,000 sq. ft. facility doing in-house frame/handlebar and CNC stem/sprocket production. S&M/Fit support a large amateur and Pro team including AA Pro Neal Wood and Brian Foster. S&M`s accomplishments include Pete Loncarevich winning his National #1 Pro title aboard an S&M Holmes. S&M has been in business for 15 years now making the ever popular Pitchfork, Dirtbike, Redneck and Slam Bar.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 04:22 PM »
read ryans blog spot, everything u need to know about s&m bikes including pics, scans etc.....

http://ryanpartridge.blogspot.com/

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 04:28 PM »
It was Dirt Brothers (not S&M) who re-stickered old stock TAs.

gobshite

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 07:32 PM »
btw,

is was dirt-bros that bought up skyway TA's and re-stickered them :daumenhoch:

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Any excuse to post up a pic of Orange ybmx track.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:42 AM »
cheers for that guys amzing what you can learn , top responses fellas  :daumenhoch:  so it was dirt bros , at least i know my heads not as puddled as i thought it was,
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 09:47 AM by oldtired »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Origins?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx