gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 12:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  went for a ride last night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: went for a ride last night  (Read 363 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
went for a ride last night
« on: August 20, 2009, 11:38 AM »
well i got home from work and thought i'd go for a spin on my new Haro......sort of give it a proper ride instead of a spin round the block.

it didn't start well......i opened the garage door to find the rear tyre had gone down  >:(  looked around for a puncture repair outfit and the fooking glue had all dried up!  so i robbed the front tube off my proclaimer and went about changing the dam tube!

after getting the old tube out i put an extra bit of rim tape in as it was the spoke holes that did the original (even with rim tape) eventually got the damn tyre back on (christ those new Oddy tyres are tight!) and set off for a ride!

i was having a blast!  she handles really well and rides well smooth!  got some nice glances from people through the town  :daumenhoch:  and ended up going through the Galaria in Hatfield and jumping the speed bumps (i was so impressed with the way it handles) then after all that i needed a treat......so off throught the Maccy D's drive through for a strawberry shake..........looked down and the fooking rear tyre had punctured again!!!!!    :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

so i had to fooking walk nearly 2 miles all the way home again!   :2gunsfiring_v1:

so now i will be taking the rim tape out and putting fooking insulating tape around the damn rim!! 

had a grewat time up to that point though......like being a kid again  :daumenhoch:

Bushwacked

Re: went for a ride last night
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Gutted and pleased for you all in one!

Nothing worse than punctures or something which stops you riding. I was out last week when something similar happened - normally chuck the bike in the back of the car and drive to the park but this time I rode and riding only takes 10-15 mins. Was playing on the mini and all of a sudden there is no noise from my back wheel. Stop on the coping drop in and the crank spins with no drive - in fact the cranks spin in both directions freely!!!  :-\

Turns out somethin wacky has gone on with the driver and the bearings which has been sorted now, but after about an hour of trying to fix it with help from the locals I had to scoot home on the bike and it took 40mins !!! :tickedoff: Now I take the car everytime just in case.

Anyway, you thought about getting some needle files to smooth any rough edges on the nipples? might save it happening in the future  - just don't file too much.

Got any pics?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:00 PM »
i think i've bored people to death with pictures of it!   ;D  have a look in the Tech and Resto section under "my 91 Haro Master"  :daumenhoch:

well the rim has holes in which the nipple heads sit down in......must be the sharp edges to the damn holes!   :(

instead of tape i think i'll cut thew old innertube and run that round  :daumenhoch:

shame about your driver!  and good job you didn't come off....what with no drive and all??

kingkeef

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:12 PM »
looked down and the fooking rear tyre had punctured again!!!!! 

"Who ate all the pies"
"Who ate all the pies"

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 12:17 PM »
And to think I used to like you keef  :(
 ;D

kingkeef

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:21 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Bushwacked

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:21 PM »
LOL! Do they have Pies down your way?

muddstud

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 04:51 PM »
When is your bithday pickle
A tube of tire weld will be in the post  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  went for a ride last night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx