gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  It started here for me....Team Murray
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: It started here for me....Team Murray  (Read 6170 times)

jon foz

It started here for me....Team Murray
« on: July 14, 2009, 01:00 AM »
I got my first BMX back in 79,remember seeing it for the first time and thinking how cool it looked but fook me it felt heavy,my original was blue with yellow lester mags on it,managed to pick this up today,same era,stamped 05 80 so slightly later but still one of the early ones and I love it :smitten: :smitten:

pics;

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: It started here for me....Team Murray
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:01 AM »
Sweet Jon, looks in good condition too mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:22 AM »
I LOVE IT  :smitten:

Takes me right back to squashing my nose against  Halfords window

a good few mates had these round my way , I wanted a chrome and blue one

I missed out on a nice one last year   :(

Nearly 30 years old that one dude  ;)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:25 AM »
thats all i ever wanted back in 1981, one of the blue and yellow ones from halfords, leave it as a survivor mate, looks awesome...
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:28 AM »
I had that colour,but im SURE it was all orange, no black or chrome forks.....but ive never seen one since, so it makes me wonder whether my memory is wrong.
I want to touch ORB

dan-dare

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Awesome! My bro had the 330 model. :daumenhoch:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 09:36 AM »
Great bike......... :daumenhoch:

virtualmeuk

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 09:45 AM »
that has just jogged my memory!! Im sure that is the same as the one i used to droool over in my local bike shop in stratford. Did they do one in a red/burgundy colour as well? Im sure it was one of them. :smitten:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:59 PM »

pukka

jon foz

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18 PM »
Can you all remember how annoying the single stems were  ??? every time you would try to wheelie or do a jump...down they went :LolLolLolLol: not that I was going that rad at the time ;D

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 07:54 PM »
that type of stem must of been one of the most anoying frustrating timesin my life....

currio

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 12:09 PM »
That's a great find Jon, you have to love a tidy old survivor like that :4_17_5:
Its proper old school too.
I don't remember that model, but I do remember the Puch Magnum, a few of the lads by me had those.
Black frame with gold bits, and yellow OGK mags, they were nice looking bikes.
Well done mate.

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 04:08 PM »
I had that colour,but im SURE it was all orange, no black or chrome forks.....but ive never seen one since, so it makes me wonder whether my memory is wrong.
your memories right mate, i had this bike but all orange, our kid ditched in the reservoir at waterhead in oldham the tw@t :2gunsfiring_v1: :knuppel2:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 04:32 PM »
had the blue with lesters, still got the lesters, 1980 mine , had a sugino  stem on it ,, my old man ordered the red and yellow,puch murray but halfords messed up so i ended up with blue team murry, same as this,,,,   :daumenhoch:, i snapped the head tube of it in the summer, mummsy took the frame back, hit the manager with the old handbag  :LolLolLolLol: and came away with one of the pl20 murry frames, it thats what they were called? the one with the dropout between the tubes, witch was possibly one of the ones rejected by SE Racing?  might be out on the dates but the frame was the same as the se ones,another one i should have kept  :'(

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/murray/1320
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:43 PM by oldtired »

lodge

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 04:33 PM »
This is my old one with non stock wheels/tyres.

lodge

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 05:12 PM »
had the blue with lesters, still got the lesters, 1980 mine , had a sugino  stem on it ,, my old man ordered the red and yellow,puch murray but halfords messed up so i ended up with blue team murry, same as this,,,,   :daumenhoch:, i snapped the head tube of it in the summer, mummsy took the frame back, hit the manager with the old handbag  :LolLolLolLol: and came away with one of the pl20 murry frames, it thats what they were called? the one with the dropout between the tubes, witch was possibly one of the ones rejected by SE Racing?  might be out on the dates but the frame was the same as the se ones,another one i should have kept  :'(

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/murray/1320

Man thats sounds just like what happend to me on the 3rd warranty claim on the frame they replaced it with this one, is this the PL20?
Mine came from a local MX shop.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 05:47 PM »
first of appologise to Jon Foz for snakeing the thread sorry dude  ;), unsure about the one in the pic, looks sort of right,and also the name PL20? halfords i think had both Puch Murry and Team Murry's at the time but the spech on the two were different,,,   the dropuots were the main feature, on the (PL20 ?) enclosed in the seat and chain stays meant they would not flair out,,, i think MototmagII was selling one of the SE/ Murry bikes a bit ago, might be  him that posted up the SE link ?   think there is somthing on the museum site, or vintage site?   about em to, i remember riding them both into the dirt though , :D,  the one that Jon Foz scored is sweet    :daumenhoch:

EDIT X20 C    asuming it was this one i had SE sold em as a BASHER.   SE rejected a lot of frames so i think these went out to suppliers like halfords?

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/murray/11597

http://www.os-bmx.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=48129
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:09 PM by oldtired »

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 04:50 PM »
your memories right mate, i had this bike but all orange, our kid ditched in the reservoir at waterhead in oldham the tw@t :2gunsfiring_v1: :knuppel2:

go check the area out now with a metal detector, as most of the resi' has been drained....   :daumenhoch:

bof

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 06:51 PM »

What do you 2 know with your cloudy fugged brains, its there for you to see its black and orange. Team murray 310  :D

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 10:30 PM »
You're  not wrong Bof   ::)

They'd better put the bong to rest , they can't see their screens for smoke  :crazy2:

;)  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  It started here for me....Team Murray

gfxgfx
gfx gfx