gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  any good??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: any good??  (Read 4907 times)

magna13

any good??
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:24 PM »
seems a nice spec and its so cheap! but why? is it the name/brand?

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/19568/Ruption_Motion_Bike_2009

DJ

Re: any good??
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:41 PM »
its fcuking hideous thats why!!!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:43 PM »
As you say really, it's the name/brand & the spec isn't that great, but a half decent beginner bike I guess.  
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 10:48 PM »
 :) Ruption have been around a while but not high end stuff,mostly beginner/entry level stuff.Anyone remember the Mohammed Ali frame?

bmxbert

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:27 PM »
i had the first ever model ruption entered into the bmx world with. it was called the sri and it was my first proper bmx

it was cool as fook. chrome panaracer freestyle tyres, acs 860 f&r, fusion unstamped stem. bars just the same as patriots. i fooking loved it

broke it in about 6 months at the head tube :'(

but my best mates brother has his in original spec in the shed.!!!!!!!!! and guess whos getting it for free??

::)

wish i had a pic of the addys. they did the glx aswell . sri had orange decals and the glx had blue

sweetbeats

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:32 PM »
i had the first ever model ruption entered into the bmx world with. it was called the sri and it was my first proper bmx

it was cool as fook. chrome panaracer freestyle tyres, acs 860 f&r, fusion unstamped stem. bars just the same as patriots. i fooking loved it

but my best mates brother has his in original spec in the shed.!!!!!!!!! and guess whos getting it for free??

wish i had a pic of the addys. they did the glx aswell . sri had orange decals and the glx had blue

"chrome panaracer freestyle tyres"...shit man I would love Chrome Tyres..you still got them?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:33 PM by sweetbeats™ »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:37 PM »
 Hows about this beauty then?

bmxbert

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:52 PM »

"chrome panaracer freestyle tyres"...shit man I would love Chrome Tyres..you still got them?

:knuppel2:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 12:04 AM »
kids next door got 4 or 5 ruptions sat bottom of yard rusting away, todays Raliegh Burner,throw away bikes,, (thats the tin o worms right there  :LolLolLolLol:  ),   looked at some entry level bikes in lbs the other week and the qualaty of  cheap bikes these days is amazing when you consider what most of us used to ride, maybe  in 20 years it'll be a thread on an obscure cycle forum where 40 year old blokes remember riding them and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 08:33 AM »
think they were pretty entry level mid school bikes, nowt special, brand snobs looked down their noses at them but look through some old invert mags, there were plenty of reputable BMX dealers sellings them. (I know those dealers sold Burners too, lol)

wasn't really aware they were still doing bikes, and think for £220.00 you'd not get much better, but might stumble upon something used with a higher spec for the same money.

i wonder if you took the stickers off, rattle canned it matt black and rode it if anyone would really take notice of the bike you were riding? but could you trust the wheels and cranks etc?

surely no one would ever have paid the RRP of £300 for it would they?

as for oldtireds comments about the quality of cheap bikes, there's not much out there for less than £300 that's much good, but maybe all things considered that's pretty good value, taking into account my mum and dad would have saved like mad to buy me  £90 Raleigh Burner Mk1 back in the early 80s.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 08:38 AM »

JT71

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 08:43 AM »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 02:43 PM »
whats trimoly, some kinda HT/cromo mix?   verde looks better but its prolly Hitensile

Front triangle cromoly,rest hi-hi tensile..

subversion

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 03:29 PM »
Ruption Motion Bike....

Hmmm...

Main Entry: mo·tion
Pronunciation: 'mO-sh&n
Function: noun

a : an evacuation of the bowels b : the matter evacuated —often used inplural motions —Lancet>

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  any good??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx