gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  any skateparks in north yorkshire?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: any skateparks in north yorkshire?  (Read 388 times)

jedi

any skateparks in north yorkshire?
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:00 AM »
im on a mtb instructors course this weekend and am wondering wether to take the 20 too.

i'll be in  Osmotherley

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: any skateparks in north yorkshire?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:10 AM »
Not sure about North Yorks dude but you're not far off Silksworth Park, Sunderland (40 miles-ish) and there's a decent bowl in Durham which will be about 30 mile-ish.

That's about as much as I know mate, ask S&M McBikeCo, he's just done a road trip round the north east so he may know of more.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

jedi

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:13 AM »
ok cool.
i would hate to go all the way there without my bmx only to find a descent skatepark up the road.
i mean i've changed my money up and got a new passport specially

dikk1970

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:28 AM »
what about prissick plaza in middlesbrough,closer than sunderland
http://www.prissickplaza.co.uk/

jedi

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:29 AM »
oooooohh

scott250

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 12:05 PM »
You can always goto the little free park in Northallerton(about 8mins drive from ozy) - its not too bad, the hips about the best thing in it.  Some kids have trails in Ozy, but I'm not sure where.  I have some trails and a half pipe in Brompton(a mile north of northallerton) - your welcome to come and play so long as you take any litter.

A word of warning about Boro - your probly safe in prissick park - watch the street spots if you goto any - Boro is like the wild west mate, haha.

Silky is the best park -

Darlos OK and not too far for you to visit, but watch your self too - infact be carefull where ever you ride up north, don't grief any of the local chavs - best to humor them and chat a bit and your car will be safe  ;)

You could visit Hurworth - it has an oldschool spot, just a small 1/2 pipe really

& the huge overflow bowl on the outskirts of darlo - you need rope to get into that, haha.

Might be best to avoid Newcastle park for now too - small war going on this week - check SP message board.

http://streetphire.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=6153.0
read it all
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:20 PM by scott250 »

jedi

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 02:16 PM »
northallerton sounds ok.easy to find?

scott250

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 09:54 AM »
Eye, easy to find - just head to local leisure center near the school, its next to the center - more or less as you come into N'llerton form Ozy, turn right at the stoneX garage.

few pics from N'allerton park¬

heres a pic from Darlo, just up the road ¬

if it rains - redcar might be for you

catterick trails not too far ither¬

My trails¬

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  any skateparks in north yorkshire?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx