gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975630 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 07:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE  (Read 6164 times)

retrorider.u.k

Re: vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 08:32 PM »
see the keyboard tools are out in force again  ::)  Do you really think he gives a toss what you think...

ozone

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 08:49 PM »
he's done me a deal on stuff many a time so sorry lads he gets a  :daumenhoch: from me,you can talk to him is is human after all ;)

I've bought from the Badger and traded stuff with him, with no problems :daumenhoch:  His stuff aint cheap but neither is Alans and their customer service is non-existent in my humble opinion...

Juju

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 09:36 PM »
In fairness, I bought a single brake lever off him, and specc;ed the wrong one.

offered to replace it just for the postage cost. Seems fair enough to me. It was my mistake after all....

Only done that deal, but I cant dis the chap for that at all.....

Broggie

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 09:45 PM »
I've not had any problems with him...yes it can be pricey...but if you really want it...

Ray.

JT71

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 10:23 PM »
see the keyboard tools are out in force again  ::)  Do you really think he gives a toss what you think...

i don't really give a toss if he gives a toss that you give a toss about what anyone thinks or gives a toss over
but if it's a toss up between biaggio and some other tosspot else a lot of people will sooner toss themselves off and eat the jizz rather
that deal with him, but that's up to them, doesn't make them tools or tossers. or keyboard tools. or warrior tossers. or tossboardwarritoolers.

it's like any trader some will have bad stories, some good, he's been sound on the two occassions i met him and did me a good
deal on some stuff once too.

but i'd be defensive if some one dissed my pet badger too.

JT71

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 10:36 PM »
God not again, another thread about vert-ego.. FFS change the record!!

Bru  ::)

ok........

that fookin Bru, Marrow-OS (oldlady shagger?) Boy,  man, what a rip off merchant.... :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Old lady shagger!!

This thread has suddenly got interesting!!

Tell me more Joe..............and provide pictures of a skanky nature!! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 11:11 PM »
nah man, the mx bloke done it cos he hates bmx.

if he didn't do it, how come he just happened to turn up and the crack of dawn and say "there's my trailer i'm calling the Rozzers"
not like they had a meeting on or anything to turn up to, he just happened to come along....mmmmm..

There was a scheduled MX Practice meet on the Sunday for some upcoming event.   There were a few camped out and a few came on the sunday morning.

I wandered over early on saturday afternoon to see what they were up to!!

There was a tape line across half of the camping field (not H/C section) and some officious knob wanted all the BMXers on the right side of the tape as the other side was for MXers only!!  They even had their own toilets!!

I think someone moved his trailer from the far end for a laff and matey saw ass (which is fair enuff)!!  :-\

Moley ,

It's me that puts the tape across the field on the RH side  ??? . It's put there to try and keep the BMXer's roughly in one place because after all we don't officially ask the MXer's if it's ok to start parking/camping further down towards areas that they use regularly . In 06 or 07 it got to the stage where peeps ( BMXer's ) were parking all over the place and it's me the MXer's came to to complain , mainly because I'm the connection between RAD and MK BMX Club . The RAD Old School event at MK was my idea back in Jan/Feb 06 , I wanted a kinda UK Rockford where we could meet on a big scale to show bikes and race too , MK track being ideal for the latter because it's not too much of a bike breaker .

I was involved with MK BMX Club in the 80's and was involved in designing the track in 84 , I have to try and keep things hunky dory on all sides because if something goes pear shaped at that event then it could firstly mean no more MK06/MK07/MK08/MK09 etc but it can and has caused the MK BMX Club sh1t in the past from the MK Parks Trust who own the land and they could stop things permanently on that site for everyone .

It is now possibly the case ( not 100% ) that the MXer's are no longer there which tbh is far more relaxing  ;) ...........................

Matt

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 02:13 AM »
TBH, if you haven't met him, you shouldn't make any comments about who he is. I think he's overpriced, but then again, i think a lot of peeps on here take the piss.
ding dong

JT71

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 06:23 AM »
TBH, if you haven't met him, you shouldn't make any comments about who he is. I think he's overpriced, but then again, i think a lot of peeps on here take the piss.

what he said!  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 07:04 AM »
His inflated prices set the benchmark and I didnt hear anyone moaning when they were selling their stuff at 400% profit off the back of his prices!
 :shocked:

What a crock of shit...

Maybe you will sell me one of your NOS Kashi's for what you paid for it 4 years ago! :buck2:

You are BLIND if you dont realise that he was the one who inflated the prices for everything.

I remember GEN 1's going for under £300 3 years ago. Then he decides that each GEN 1 he had should be worth not a penny less than £600 and hey presto......everyone that sold on ebay went for more than £600! Same with Dia Compe parts. I remember his Kashi's in blue were £150! Next thing you know thats what peeps were asking for them.

If Tesco sell their loafs of bread for £10 then Sainsburys wont sell theirs for £1.50 will they. They will push their price up too as they can and thats what we did without even noticing it. So all you guys who bought their MX1000 sets for £40 and sold them for £175 two years later didnt moan about him then did they!!! :-\ 

Thats where this 'BMX community' crap is floored. And thats why everyone on here IS effictively interested in the money side of the hobby........but so many deny it. >:D

Simple..........dont buy off him and it wont bother you. I bet he is the only one that can STILL get top money for his stuff as he sits on it and waits for the right person for that item to turn up. COS HE CAN!

Clever boy and I think a few are a little envious of him.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:27 AM by munners »

munners

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 07:28 AM »

Thats a better approach! ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 07:55 AM »
i met him a couple of times and he seemed okay, then something happened at one of the early novice nights and i now base my oppinion of the man by that.

:-X

munners

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 07:58 AM »
i met him a couple of times and he seemed okay, then something happened at one of the early novice nights and i now base my oppinion of the man by that.

:-X

Tell us more! Go on....air it out. :)

JT71

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 08:02 AM »
did he finger you pickle?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2009, 08:05 AM »
did he finger you pickle?

no.....and that is why!  wouldn't even give me a reach around  :-\

moley

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 08:53 AM »
nah man, the mx bloke done it cos he hates bmx.

if he didn't do it, how come he just happened to turn up and the crack of dawn and say "there's my trailer i'm calling the Rozzers"
not like they had a meeting on or anything to turn up to, he just happened to come along....mmmmm..

There was a scheduled MX Practice meet on the Sunday for some upcoming event.   There were a few camped out and a few came on the sunday morning.

I wandered over early on saturday afternoon to see what they were up to!!

There was a tape line across half of the camping field (not H/C section) and some officious knob wanted all the BMXers on the right side of the tape as the other side was for MXers only!!  They even had their own toilets!!

I think someone moved his trailer from the far end for a laff and matey saw ass (which is fair enuff)!!  :-\

Moley ,

It's me that puts the tape across the field on the RH side  ??? . It's put there to try and keep the BMXer's roughly in one place because after all we don't officially ask the MXer's if it's ok to start parking/camping further down towards areas that they use regularly . In 06 or 07 it got to the stage where peeps ( BMXer's ) were parking all over the place and it's me the MXer's came to to complain , mainly because I'm the connection between RAD and MK BMX Club . The RAD Old School event at MK was my idea back in Jan/Feb 06 , I wanted a kinda UK Rockford where we could meet on a big scale to show bikes and race too , MK track being ideal for the latter because it's not too much of a bike breaker .

I was involved with MK BMX Club in the 80's and was involved in designing the track in 84 , I have to try and keep things hunky dory on all sides because if something goes pear shaped at that event then it could firstly mean no more MK06/MK07/MK08/MK09 etc but it can and has caused the MK BMX Club sh1t in the past from the MK Parks Trust who own the land and they could stop things permanently on that site for everyone .

It is now possibly the case ( not 100% ) that the MXer's are no longer there which tbh is far more relaxing  ;) ...........................

Matt

The Officious Knob wasn't you Mattdub, t'was some scrawny young chap.  Early 20's at the most who said he worked for the Council or summat!!   I wasn't paying too much attention as I had already started on the beer!!

There was plenty of room for both groups to camp.   So no problem!!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 10:03 AM »
I dealt with him loads when I first started building my bikes. I remember thinking £40 was a lot for a black Kashi.  :LolLolLolLol:
 :LolLolLolLol:

I don't buy from him anymore but that's because I'd rather buy from the peeps on here.

Which reminds me I must get a supporters tag cos I need my buying fix now I'm all sorted again.  :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 11:06 AM »
My pennys worth,

I like him, met him and spent an afternoon showing me round his lock up and all the good stuff, he fooked me off by sending me some tyres up North after i asked him to send em to York, but that dont make the guy a tosser. He expensive but after a while in this bike building game you learn to be patient and when that happens you hardly use Bert-ego.

He is alright and whats been said, if you meet him he aint a c0ck like Edison Mathews is

trasher

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2009, 08:47 PM »
i'v found him to be alright the few times i'v been to his house

but i still leave thinking i,m going to do his place over one night

telelogic

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2009, 09:08 PM »
i'v found him to be alright the few times i'v been to his house

but i still leave thinking i,m going to do his place over one night
:2funny:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2009, 09:34 PM »
be carefull, he lives in a maisonette above pkradman's flat. radman's like a scrapyard alsatian when he thinks his little buddy is in mortal danger. he'l be at you like chuck ' i'm hard' bruce noris lee mohammed schwartzenegger, with his NOS hutch throwing stars.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:38 PM by J.T.Racing »
ding dong

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2009, 09:35 PM »
His inflated prices set the benchmark and I didnt hear anyone moaning when they were selling their stuff at 400% profit off the back of his prices!

What a crock of shit...

Maybe you will sell me one of your NOS Kashi's for what you paid for it 4 years ago! :buck2:

You are BLIND if you dont realise that he was the one who inflated the prices for everything.

I remember GEN 1's going for under £300 3 years ago. Then he decides that each GEN 1 he had should be worth not a penny less than £600 and hey presto......everyone that sold on ebay went for more than £600! Same with Dia Compe parts. I remember his Kashi's in blue were £150! Next thing you know thats what peeps were asking for them.

If Tesco sell their loafs of bread for £10 then Sainsburys wont sell theirs for £1.50 will they. They will push their price up too as they can and thats what we did without even noticing it. So all you guys who bought their MX1000 sets for £40 and sold them for £175 two years later didnt moan about him then did they!!! :-\ 

Thats where this 'BMX community' crap is floored. And thats why everyone on here IS effictively interested in the money side of the hobby........but so many deny it. >:D

Simple..........dont buy off him and it wont bother you. I bet he is the only one that can STILL get top money for his stuff as he sits on it and waits for the right person for that item to turn up. COS HE CAN!

Only if you were mug enough to pay those prices, which you were Nick  :idiot2:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:21 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

munners

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2009, 09:47 PM »

What a crock of shit...

Only if you were mug enough to pay those prices, which you were Nick  :idiot2:

sqeeze me?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx