gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 03:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  fookin ice picks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: fookin ice picks  (Read 472 times)

jedi

fookin ice picks
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:23 AM »
still cant do them despite tuition from atkins and webby  :(
tried for 3hrs today and i just dont feel it  :(

any tips?

dan-dare

Re: fookin ice picks
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 12:49 AM »
Try a Miami hopper.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:27 AM »
in steps trusty old darth!

I can't leave you fookers for 5 minutes without you getting your knickers in a twist.

The motion is very similar to a feeble stall, where your arse is etc. But obviously you need your front wheel in the air. I'm guessing my young apprentice that your having one or both of two problems. 1 getting the peg onto the coping, 2 balancing and not falling on the deck.
To combat the first its liked when i tought you 5050's! Its a case of jabbing the fooker in their. The second is slightly more technical. When the front wheel is in the air and your learning it seems to point towards the deck. When you get into the ice pick turn your wheel so it points back into the ramp, this stops the swaying, for learning too this helps with the exit, the front end will come down and after a few attempts should bite to the ramp and you'll roll out. After becoming comfortable with this you'll start flicking the back end on exit for a smoother control into the ramp. 

jedi

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:32 AM »
i get the peg on the coping everytime but i take my foot off.i will nail these badboys

lodge

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Whats the best size ramp to do them on?
I have tried loads on small mini's without success but pulled one first go on a midi, I think because there easier on a ramp thats steeper near the coping, trouble is I'm a bit scared doing lip tricks on bigger ramps  :-[

jedi

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 09:45 AM »
im trying on 7ft

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 09:47 AM »

sounds like hard work, knock it on the head and go down the pie shop  :)

bmxbob

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 11:12 AM »

sounds like hard work, knock it on the head and go down the pie shop  :)

:LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Whats the best size ramp to do them on?
I have tried loads on small mini's without success but pulled one first go on a midi, I think because there easier on a ramp thats steeper near the coping, trouble is I'm a bit scared doing lip tricks on bigger ramps  :-[

I think its almost fair to say that ALL peg tricks (maybe all lip tricks ... or all tricks!) are easier if the ramp is steeper. The pegs lock in better, you dont have to lean into the deck as much to get peg contact, and you come in smoother cos the transition is steeper and larger. The only problem is ..... that it is scarier! I can bairly do a peg stall on a real vert ramp!  :shocked:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  fookin ice picks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx