gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 02:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  mongoose i.d please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mongoose i.d please  (Read 1213 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
mongoose i.d please
« on: May 29, 2009, 10:04 PM »
 i recently bought a 1983 gusset style goose frame but i need help in detecting what model it is please chaps!!its def not a super i know that much as its only got one hole in the brake bridge and only the front end of the frame is chromoly so the decal says.(this is the only decal still on it) so how many other models does that leave for 1983? a mongoose team or californian special?were there any other models from that year with the gusset'the tt length is 18 1/2" centre headset to centre seat tube.also the chrome is really really dull so could it be nickel?did they still make nickel frames in 83?? any help appreciated guys,cheers :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: mongoose i.d please
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:13 PM »

have a look on vintagemongoose.com bud  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:17 PM »
ive been on there but cant get any more imfo than i already know.the catalogue for 83 is an 82-83 so its difficult to work out which were 82 and which were still being made in 83.anymore for anymore????? :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 11:19 PM »
It won't be nickel if it's an '83 frame mate - what's your serial number ? any pics of it, as it is now ? what parts did it come with ? all of this would help  ;)

Southern Andy has just got an '83 gusset goose funnily enough - I posted some info in his thread about '83 models - here's the link: http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=88361.0

:daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 08:20 AM »
83 gusset models
becoming like buses

nice find

get some pics up   :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 08:48 AM »
the serial no starts D3 so its an april 83,must have been one of the last gusset geese made??'the battery on my camera is as flat as a turd so cant fire any pics up today.cheers for the link bobafet,id already seen that on vintage mongoose,im guessing then that its up to me how i dress it up  as with the exception of the pro class and super the rest of the frames were all the same?would just be nice to know from a point of view of new decals
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 01:43 PM »
im guessing then that its up to me how i dress it up  as with the exception of the pro class and super the rest of the frames were all the same?would just be nice to know from a point of view of new decals

Yep - all up to you how you dress it mate - decals are available from bmxproducts.com - i think he has the ones you need listed as mongoose 2 - basically it's the ones with a black centre and gold writing (non prismatic) and don't forget that the vinyl press stud pads had been droped in 83 so it's the nylon flight pads you need - other than that it's all up to you mate  :daumenhoch:

Get some pics up when you're sorted  ;)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 02:00 PM »
im guessing then that its up to me how i dress it up  as with the exception of the pro class and super the rest of the frames were all the same?would just be nice to know from a point of view of new decals

Yep - all up to you how you dress it mate - decals are available from bmxproducts.com - i think he has the ones you need listed as mongoose 2 - basically it's the ones with a black centre and gold writing (non prismatic) and don't forget that the vinyl press stud pads had been droped in 83 so it's the nylon flight pads you need - other than that it's all up to you mate  :daumenhoch:

Get some pics up when you're sorted  ;)

cheers fella,yeah will get some pics up when its all done but it could be a long  wait,3 builds in 9 months have kinda cleared me out!!!this is my very long term project but thats what i said about my last one!!! :2funny:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 03:53 PM »
copy cat  :LolLolLolLol:

I've got a long build wait on mine aswell. I'm restoring the frame now, although to be fair its in very good nick. I had the gusset in vinegar for the the last 24hrs until i knocked the pot over this morning on my way to work, the shed now stinks.  :buck2:

Did you have a set of forks on yours ??????????
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 05:30 PM »

I've got a long build wait on mine aswell. I'm restoring the frame now, although to be fair its in very good nick. I had the gusset in vinegar for the the last 24hrs until i knocked the pot over this morning on my way to work, the shed now stinks.  :buck2:

Niced one Andy you've just reminded me - i left a crank in vinegar 3 days ago  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31 PM »

i already had a minty set of forks kicking about,just gotta decide weather to try and restore the chrome(its as dull as ditch water)or take it off to south coast chrome for the full monty!the latter is looking more promising at the mo!! :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Didn't get it at Ashley Heath car boot sale did you Mark, that's where mine came from.  :coolsmiley:

Off there again soon, cant think why. >:D >:D
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Didn't get it at Ashley Heath car boot sale did you Mark, that's where mine came from.  :coolsmiley:

Off there again soon, cant think why. >:D >:D

got it off gaybay,it wasnt listed long,i snapped it up on the BIN!!its really mint no dings or damage at all,well chuffed!!!just hoping the bb cups arent stuck in there and thats why the seller fired it on!! >:(
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  mongoose i.d please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx