gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 07:54 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mongoose stickers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mongoose stickers  (Read 5109 times)

gadd

mongoose stickers
« on: May 15, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Any one do mongoose californian moorpark 1985 frame and fork decals, thanks

gadd

Re: mongoose stickers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:33 AM »
I did, he sent me to Jimmyp but know reply yet , any one else ?

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 01:36 AM »

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:19 AM »

djgivvinup

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 08:29 AM »
Bill's are excellent...you can go straight to his website...

http://www.bmxproducts.com/store/index.php'main_page=index&zenid=0hvg2atdauqemv53pfk2fgfs64

Atari, have you managed to get any decent pro class decal repops? the ones i got hold of are shocking  :shocked:  i've spoken to Bill but he has no plans to do any..
I don't spose you could send me a few decent pics of original decals from one of your many framesets could you?  :-*

p.s. apologies for the thread hi-jack gadd..oh & btw like these guys are saying you won't get better than the goose decals from Bill..fact!

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 10:20 PM »
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Yep, Bill is DA man for tarting your 'goose up, but the mighty dollar makes it a costly exercise these days.

Here's some examples if they help convince you >:D

He posts up to ten sets for the same postage cost, so I advertised on here last time I bought off him and got a few folk together to buy one shipment and share the cost - maybe give it a spin?

Cheers :daumenhoch:

Spen
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 01:29 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 06:02 PM »
Bill's are excellent...you can go straight to his website...

http://www.bmxproducts.com/store/index.php'main_page=index&zenid=0hvg2atdauqemv53pfk2fgfs64

Atari, have you managed to get any decent pro class decal repops? the ones i got hold of are shocking  :shocked:  i've spoken to Bill but he has no plans to do any..
I don't spose you could send me a few decent pics of original decals from one of your many framesets could you?  :-*

p.s. apologies for the thread hi-jack gadd..oh & btw like these guys are saying you won't get better than the goose decals from Bill..fact!

Here is an OG set I have next to jimmyp's sets.  His are really nice...!  You can drop him a pm.  Yeah...I have spoken to Bill also and I'm pretty sure they won't be made any time soon.

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 06:05 PM »
Yep, Bill is DA man for tarting your 'goose up, but the mighty dollar makes it a costly exercise these days.

Here's some examples if they help convince you >:D

I love the look of this Goose...!  Older frame set with the PC rims...very nice...!   :daumenhoch:

~Tom

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 07:51 PM »
I love the look of this Goose...!  Older frame set with the PC rims...very nice...!   :daumenhoch:

~Tom

Tom, it's my favourite bike. Oldest Team Mongoose I could find, it's a 1978 and those wheels are my original wheels from christmas 1983 as I bought myself a set of Tuffs about 3 months after I got my Cali and my dad found them in his shed 25 years later - no money in the world would make me part with them :smitten: :smitten:

Spen

ps - these are Jimmy's Pro-Class decals by the way - can you tell I like Mongooses >:D

Still limping......

gadd

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 08:11 PM »
thanks every one for all the info and what lovely geese to, jimmyp  sorting me out, had some off bills before but got charged extra 11 quid due to tax.

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 09:08 PM »

~Tom

Tom, it's my favourite bike. Oldest Team Mongoose I could find, it's a 1978 and those wheels are my original wheels from christmas 1983 as I bought myself a set of Tuffs about 3 months after I got my Cali and my dad found them in his shed 25 years later - no money in the world would make me part with them :smitten: :smitten:

Spen

ps - these are Jimmy's Pro-Class decals by the way - can you tell I like Mongooses >:D

Hey Spen...I think I can say this is my favorite...all original 1982 Pro Class...(except for the Mongoose Comp's)...can't find them anywhere...!

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 09:25 PM »
That 82 pro-class is perfect - fresh out the pages of the catalogue  :smitten:

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 09:34 PM »
That 82 pro-class is perfect - fresh out the pages of the catalogue  :smitten:

LOL...thanks!  Yep...right out of the catalogue...all original parts as listed except for those damn tires...!    :smitten:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Wow - mine was built how I'd want it BITD, but odly enough it even started with Tech 2's :2funny:

Yep, I know it's greedy to have 2 Pro-classes - I had an '83 and I think the one I've kept is actually a very early one although it is still stamped with an '83 serial - Mongoose and their damn stamping and dating eh :idiot2:

Spen

ps - I think you'll like my next project if you like Pro-classes >:D
Still limping......

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 11:13 PM »
That isn't to greedy... ;).

I had 7 at one point...now I'm down to 5... :D...!

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 12:28 AM »

Tom, just looking at your photo with the 5 pro-class frames in (I'm very jealous ::)   ;D ), the top frame looks to have 2 slotted holes either side of the brake caliper hole and the frame below it has three circular holes - can this change be tied in to a date? I know my '83 USA supergoose has 3 circular holes so is the top frame in your pic an '82 maybe? and the the one with 3 circular holes an '83  :-\
Cheers,
John  :daumenhoch:

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 04:06 AM »

Tom, just looking at your photo with the 5 pro-class frames in (I'm very jealous ::)   ;D ), the top frame looks to have 2 slotted holes either side of the brake caliper hole and the frame below it has three circular holes - can this change be tied in to a date? I know my '83 USA supergoose has 3 circular holes so is the top frame in your pic an '82 maybe? and the the one with 3 circular holes an '83  :-\
Cheers,

You got it John...!  The '82 frames have a slotted/oval type shape on either side of the brake caliper hole.  Good eyes!!!

The bottom '82 has the same type.

~Tom

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Cheers,
You got it John...!  The '82 frames have a slotted/oval type shape on either side of the brake caliper hole.  Good eyes!!!
The bottom '82 has the same type.
~Tom

Great ! - thought so Tom just wanted to double check - I'll add that to my memory banks of other trivial mongoose info  :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mongoose stickers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx