gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 03:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Dont Forget the BEAST! (Jay Mirron)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dont Forget the BEAST! (Jay Mirron)  (Read 5059 times)

SaMAlex

Dont Forget the BEAST! (Jay Mirron)
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:48 PM »
The other night I watched an old Props from around 1999. It was really good to see all the riders from then, and all the tricks that they were doing, so many of which aint done now. One of the main things that i got from watching it was how much I love Jay Mirrons riding. He is so good at all types of riding, maybe the best all rounder ever?

Just to remind you, here is his clip from the first Macneil Video (thanks subversion for the link). I bet there are several tricks in there that you aint seen for ages, or maybe have never seen. 4 pegs and 2 brakes! BOOM!

darkersomeday

Re: Dont Forget the BEAST! (Jay Mirron)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:57 PM »
yeh man,

miron kills everything,

check the tech nose wheelie shit!

tireslide too :smitten:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:59 PM »
  jays like a god
he pushed everything and deserves a big props from everyone .

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:00 PM »
YES  :daumenhoch: the beast indeed rocks, used to ride flat as well & I've heard he's fairly good on vert......
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

oldschool rider

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 05:10 PM »
 :4_17_5:

Watched that the other day and really enjoyed it, Mad style, Master of nose wheelies.

Steve.

telelogic

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 05:20 PM »
awesome! such class, smooth and stylish.

IMHO the new guys all look like they're trying to break the bike (with the exception of Rad Billy & the Main Lad)

seeing that made me want to ride :daumenhoch:

thecaptain

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 05:26 PM »
amazing, why's no one riding like this now, highlight was definately the no footed toothpick grind

welsh denny

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05 PM »
a truly rad rider (shame he has since stopped riding) and as part of the red bull 3 degrees in cardiff 2004 we took most of the riders out on the lash for the weekend.
the beast did indeed show up after quite a few beers too.   

:shocked:

he was loving the doubles shots for 80p and free toast after 2am.....

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 09:11 PM »
i thought he was riding again denny but not main stream...maybe i heard just a rumour

condor96

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:16 PM »
tottally sweet vid  :daumenhoch: jays just kickin it!  why oh why dont people ride like this anymore.................oh wait, i do  ;)

christhejob

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 10:52 PM »
i thought he was riding again denny but not main stream...maybe i heard just a rumour

his back is pretty much buggered... paying the price......  he is without a doubt the man..

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56 PM »
He is the reason I ride a Macneil now.

His section in Madd Matt was awsome, I always remember every landing absolutely stomped    :4_17_5:

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 11:24 PM »
His section in Madd Matt was awsome,

Esp his very close double backflip ..... even tho it was in MATTS section  :-X

welsh denny

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19 AM »
 a bmx legend he truly is. he's been there , done it, and earned his stripes. used to love watching x games vert cos jay was so unpredictable you never knew what he would try next. crashed and burned many a time but so exciting to watch. do or die. a tricklist he invented as long as your arm, if he has retired from riding then he most definately earned it.

:4_17_5:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 12:42 AM »
Top top rider i've always been a fan. Great film too, is that the bullett at ROM half way through? after anlther look I think not, looks very similar though.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:46 AM by Bob_Acid »

condor96

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 03:11 AM »

blame that one on eddie roman  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 07:51 AM »

Why is that, did Eddie edit that Video? I always took that as something between Matt and Jay, and maybe one of the reasons Jay left Hoffman bikes soon after

evamedia

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:50 AM »
Top top rider i've always been a fan. Great film too, is that the bullett at ROM half way through? after anlther look I think not, looks very similar though.

It is Rom, it was shot by Ruben in 2002, I was the other side, my footage is here, Jay's on at 5:55 http://video.mpora.com/watch/QtGr6nMz9/

telelogic

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Stuart King :4_17_5:

muttley

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Used to love the series on 'Extreme channel' called 20 inch, basically footage from the early nineties with plenty of Mirron action, he ruled   :coolsmiley:

condor96

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 09:56 AM »

Why is that, did Eddie edit that Video? I always took that as something between Matt and Jay, and maybe one of the reasons Jay left Hoffman bikes soon after

yeah eddie did the whole production and editing on the vid. i think eddie just threw it in there cuz it was the end of the video and wanted some crazy stuff for the last min, and snuck 2 or 3 clips of jay in. jay was still on the team when the vid came out,but made an announcement shortly after while on tour he was leaving the team.

nothing between matt and jay................but jay and steve swope....... thats another story.....
here is the story from matts book on the jay controversy,its a bit interesting...basiclly jay flipped out one night and pisst on steve while sleeping,steve got up and jay punched steve in the face.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:01 AM by condor96 »

welsh denny

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 07:07 PM »
so is it 'larry' the beast? i remember speaking to 'beast ' on the saturday nite about showing the macneil vid in a niteclub we had for use after the red bull event. ' i dont give a f*** about f***' was his reply.  ???
he was pi55ed off after a little trick backfired on him.  a mate was showing hitchcox the italian armwrestle- you do it with your arm the wrong way or something and have to pull the arm or something. at the right moment you release and your opponent punches themself in the face. after it was done to hitchcox he wanted to try it on the beast. and boy did he clock himself. got pics somewhere i'll try & find. after 5 mins beast was okay again. he did speak to me later on though as one of the riders from canada i spoke to a lot said i was old school so all was cool.

condor96

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 07:35 AM »
i made a typo, was thinking of eddie roman, was havin a brain fart  :D . mark eaton produced madd matt

christhejob

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 09:19 AM »
i made a typo, was thinking of eddie roman, was havin a brain fart  :D . mark eaton produced madd matt
yeah i thought that. didn't want to be pedantic though...

condor96

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 09:48 AM »
yeah i thought that. didn't want to be pedantic though...

i was watchin ride on for the thousanth time and had his name in my head  :uglystupid2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Dont Forget the BEAST! (Jay Mirron)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx