gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Southern regional round 2 at peckham, 26 April 09 - Videos!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Southern regional round 2 at peckham, 26 April 09 - Videos!  (Read 1808 times)

Glen

Here are the videos from the southern regional round 2 at Peckham, 26 April 09

Kev, your slam in the final looks fookin harsh!  Neil good job dude, glad you made it and took some points!  Just take it easy with that knee

Videos here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/cython3/riding/Peckham%2026April09-Rnd2%20South%20Regional/

thecrooch

Re: Southern regional round 2 at peckham, 26 April 09 - Videos!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:54 AM »
Kev "Stem Bolt" Carlin Strikes again.......

And how many people came down on that berm, me, glen, Gary72, QuadPaul - and thats just from Daggers!!!

Still can hear Matt Oaten shouting that 'you cant park it there' as i sat on me arse in the dust!  :2funny:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:59 AM »
You still riding with that fat tyre on the front Glen?

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 01:27 PM »
you get less grip with a thin Tyre Zippy....  Fat Tyre more surface contact, more grip....  and Glens right - its a nightmare on the second loop...

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Disagree with you there Si. If the surface is loose and slippy then a thinner tyre is far grippier.

Just look at rally cars in the snow and they're tyres are as thin as possible. I think it's a big misconception that fatter means grippier.

Riding style is also a big factor as well to front end washouts.

mr.magoo

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 02:45 PM »
agree 100% a fatty will always let go before a thin one.....only ever once tried a fatty on front and that was hersden on the freeagent cruiser, and front end was just going where-ever in the corners...

bitd we all had a stint on 1 3/8's cos better grip and less friction in the straights....

KGB Matt

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 03:28 PM »

Still can hear Matt Oaten shouting that 'you cant park it there' as i sat on me arse in the dust!  :2funny:

You just looked so dejected sitting there in the dirt.  ;D

Matt

big kev 40

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 03:45 PM »
nice pics mrs glen  bit cut up over it tho  :LolLolLolLol:  looking for new stem now 

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Who was racing os anyway ?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Neil?????

With his Knee.  :idiot2: The loon.  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 05:38 PM »
agree 100% a fatty will always let go before a thin one.....only ever once tried a fatty on front and that was hersden on the freeagent cruiser, and front end was just going where-ever in the corners...

bitd we all had a stint on 1 3/8's cos better grip and less friction in the straights....

wouldnt put a fatty on a cruiser....  mind you i suppose what you both say makes sense...  got the same size on the cruiser and that handles better than anything ive ever ridden.

thecrooch

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 05:39 PM »
Neil?????

With his Knee.  :idiot2: The loon.  :LolLolLolLol:

Yep - he did roll round stating that it was the best physio....  but if you look at the vids - he was gating full on...  so fook knows what damage that is doing...  but Neil knows best!

se

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 05:56 PM »
As has been mentioned on this site before, a fatty at the front is not necessarily a bad thing but you don't want a fat one up the rear.

Glen, the corners are the bits where you need to turn the handlebars.  ::)

mr.magoo

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 09:36 AM »
i can't watch the vids, my wireless dongle is too slow.....

but gates, yes full effect for first push on good leg, then rolled the first straight and just pedalled the berms......know my limits

even thought it did take popping my Hamstring at Hersden the previous week outta the gate that made me realise them.

if i listen to physio and surgeon, i wouldn't go near a bike for a year......now that is loon.....but do understand i'm not gonna be racing
fit until at least a year.......if i don't lose the love for it first...dwindling fast.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 08:52 PM »
I had a serious loss of love for racing during the off season and decided for various reasons not to race this year with the possible exception of Herne Bay regional later this year.

However just going up to the Bay on a Wednesday night has really invigorated me and my love for riding is being rekindled. I'm still not going to race the season but I'm looking forward to the winter series where I'll get back into proper racing again.

Have to say my Dialled cruiser is seriously making me want to just get out on it and ride.

big kev 40

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 12:37 PM »
week gone past bruising now out   ribs and legs black and blue  shade of yellow in there too  cant recover as quick now days  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Southern regional round 2 at peckham, 26 April 09 - Videos!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx