gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  jason harvey??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: jason harvey??  (Read 2168 times)

SEARLE

jason harvey??
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:26 PM »
wondered if this was jason harvey as know he used to ride for youngs? (yellow race gear )and same age group as me.adur aces shorham 1983

tony williams

Re: jason harvey??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:35 PM »
yep that is the jay in youngs gear there was not many who could jump like jay back in the day i remember him jumping over me on the water jump at surbiton and landing on the finish striaght and was a quite a big jump in its day
ill be looking forward to lining up with jay again soon
tony williams

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:22 PM »
They dont make tracks like that anymore.
Its almost singletrack!!
Nice runoff too, through the old tires into the nettle patch  ;)

gossa

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Yep, that's Jay and that is definately Shoreham, I can tell by the stoney surface!

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:15 PM »
blimey thats an old pic of te-harve  :daumenhoch: i'll tell the boss about that pic at work tomorrow as he never bothers really comming on rad.

Gonna be doing his first national for 20 years at derby

SEARLE

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:55 PM »
cant believe im in front of him,having trouble doing that in 40+ now!.must practice more ;D

SEARLE

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 02:12 PM »
same day different moto...

mr.magoo

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Cool, brings back more memories, guess Jason was saving it for the final....loads used to do that bitd, 4-4-4 in motos #1 in final :-X

not a tactic i ever used, always flat out :uglystupid2:

SEARLE

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Cool, brings back more memories, guess Jason was saving it for the final....loads used to do that bitd, 4-4-4 in motos #1 in final :-X

not a tactic i ever used, always flat out :uglystupid2:
    he came 4th in final.! me 1st brian whinch 2nd.he must have had an off day! ;D

mileyboy

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 09:54 PM »
that track is still there-had a look the other day :)

Rooonga

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 08:14 PM »
any who could jump like jay back in the day i remember him jumping over me on the water jump at surbiton and landing on the finish striaght and was a quite a big jump in its day

That's a mad coincedence! I jumped that water jump at Surbiton in one race, and over-jumped it so badly I was about 8 feet above the rider on the floor.  I landed, then bounced across the finish line wrecking my wheels.

It was without doubt the highest farthest jump I have ever done in my life LOL! (And I think it is the reason I find it hard to get both wheels off the ground any more. I was never quite the same after that one!)

kdubbmx

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 01:07 AM »
any who could jump like jay back in the day i remember him jumping over me on the water jump at surbiton and landing on the finish striaght and was a quite a big jump in its day

That's a mad coincedence! I jumped that water jump at Surbiton in one race, and over-jumped it so badly I was about 8 feet above the rider on the floor.  I landed, then bounced across the finish line wrecking my wheels.

It was without doubt the highest farthest jump I have ever done in my life LOL! (And I think it is the reason I find it hard to get both wheels off the ground any more. I was never quite the same after that one!)

I seem to remember you getting the holeshot in a runoff against Phil Beer at Brixton Last year then hitting the first jump flat out, getting massive air & landing flat & your bars moved forward, seems you make a habit of it!!  ;) ;) ;)

Rooonga

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19 AM »
LOL!!

I should deffo get some air control.

Rooonga

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 09:42 PM »
yep that is the jay in youngs gear there was not many who could jump like jay back in the day i remember him jumping over me on the water jump at surbiton and landing on the finish striaght and was a quite a big jump in its day
ill be looking forward to lining up with jay again soon
tony williams
Tony, You weren't wearing full robinson gear that day were you? (Cos thats the fella I jumped clear over on the way to bouncing across the finish line LOL!)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  jason harvey??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx