gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hayes track sunday??!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hayes track sunday??!!  (Read 2607 times)

SEARLE

hayes track sunday??!!
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:41 AM »
was wondering what the general view of the hayes track is.first time i ever rode it was sunday,got the feeling from a lot of guys that its not popular.think its the two big doubles first straight.they take the speed out of the first straight, as you tend to go up rather than forward!  :-X as spillers demonstrated ,but he managed to do it on the 3rd straight with me beside him! ;D

dialledbikes

Re: hayes track sunday??!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:48 AM »
It's never been one of my favourite tracks on the South Region circuit, but I try to be positive about wherever we race, cos at the end of the day, it's a privilege to have these tracks and the people who run them work bloody hard.

I know what you mean about the first straight (it would help if we could jump them).  I actually like how the jumps throw me up, I just wish they were shorter so mere mortals had more chance of clearing them (though I appreciate the really fast guys might then overshoot them).

I thought the track rode really well yesterday.  That was the most I've ever enjoyed racing at Hayes.  But that might have been down to the rider count, the people I was racing against and just generally enjoying myself, rather than the track being any better.

At the end of the day, we all had fun and nobody got injured  :daumenhoch:

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:05 PM »
It was my first time at Hayes and I like the track for the most part. They've done a great job up there for sure. The second & third camel back jumps certainly are tricky - particularly the third one into the first berm. IMHO it scrubs off too much speed.

Now I just need to get my legs to work after the second straight....

What an awesome event. 227 riders.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I think we should take all tracks as they come, how boring would it be if they was all the same, The big doubles at Hayes are a challange, Im not keen, but it makes the track!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

big kev 40

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 09:40 AM »
i had trouble wheel spinning on the gate    as day went on others complained too  :LolLolLolLol: not riding two classes for a while i cant walk

mr.magoo

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 09:58 AM »
what two classes rode you, 5A and 5B? :2funny:

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 10:11 AM »
i had trouble wheel spinning on the gate    as day went on others complained too  :LolLolLolLol: not riding two classes for a while i cant walk

yeah happened to me in gate 1 - found out later its pretty common in the lower number gates....  ill remember that if i decide to go back for the other one later in the year.

kdubbmx

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 11:53 AM »

yeah happened to me in gate 1 - found out later its pretty common in the lower number gates....  ill remember that if i decide to go back for the other one later in the year.

Better still i'll speak to Scott about the spinning (i did it too) & i'm sure he'll make it grippier.  :)

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 02:27 PM »
Kev - can't believe you did two classes on the day. Props!

Glen was on a charge. Well done on the 'perfect'.

kdubbmx

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I was on the gate behind the OS class & haven't seen old school racing as fast and close as that EVER!!

Awesome to watch!!!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

big kev 40

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 02:51 PM »
shame there only four riders   all the big guns gone cruiser   someone got to keep old skool alive

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 04:12 PM »
No offence to the other old schoolers, but you were pretty untouchable on Sunday, Glen.  My money is on you to win the 01 plate at the Brits in OS this year.

Big Kev done good too.  It's not easy racing 2 classes on a long track like Hayes and still doing pretty well in both classes.  Hope you do more cruiser races Kev as we had some good tussles, including the mid-air collision over the big step-up  :buck2:

Cool action photo of our B-final by Simon Lavender.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:16 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 05:53 PM »
No offence taken Mike - but I did beat Glen out the gate on more than one occasion  :)
Two riders don't make a gate...
Thankfully there were 4 of us lined up,
C'mon people - c'mon down!

oldmankev

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 06:34 PM »
The gate just needs some new grip tape.

kdubbmx

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 06:38 PM »
No offence taken Mike - but I did beat Glen out the gate on more than one occasion  :)
Two riders don't make a gate...
Thankfully there were 4 of us lined up,
C'mon people - c'mon down!

You led until the third turn in one moto i saw, everyone around the gate was saying 'whoa, check that out'!

spillers#1

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:10 PM »
Nice one glen some wicked footage there enjoyed watching that  :daumenhoch:

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 08:30 AM »
You led until the third turn in one moto i saw, everyone around the gate was saying 'whoa, check that out'!

that would've been Kev40 - the BionicBMXman! Racing two classes...
I don't have the legs for that yet LOL

Thanks for the video clips Glen - that racing was close in the first 3 straights! Good stuff and heaps of fun.

mr.magoo

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 08:40 AM »
cool vids.... well done Glen, and big up to Big Kev, racing 2 classes, and leading that race for half of it, even though legs of jelly....nice move round the outside Glen :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Yeah thanks Glen, loved watching my race & the missus loved seeing hers too, they were all fun to watch!!   ;D

Keep up the good work.   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hayes track sunday??!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx