gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  HEYWOOD BMX TRACK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HEYWOOD BMX TRACK  (Read 1717 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

HEYWOOD BMX TRACK
« on: March 16, 2009, 07:08 PM »
       After a meeting with Rochdale Council to discuss funding to rebuild & resurface Heywood BMX track,evidence is wanted that the track would be used more if funding was approved.Please can you give us your support by e-mailing your name,age & area you are from to:heywoodbmx@live.co.uk.  The next meeting to discuss funding is on 3rd April,so all your support will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

James

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: HEYWOOD BMX TRACK
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:20 PM »
will do james....     ;)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:34 PM »
looks like we are on our own james...    :'(
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

moley

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:12 PM »
Hi, 

My name is Ian Phillips and I live in the Prestwich area of Manchester.

I am 37 and I work in Heywood.

I have started racing Old School BMX in the North Region Summer Series from April 2008.

I hope you do decide to resurface the track at Heywood so that I can have somewhere to practice with my two sons who want to start racing soon.

The track at the moment is in need of urgent repair.

Thank you

Ian Phillips

I think I stretched the truth slightly on my email!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

James, get some adverts in the local rags asking for support and make up some flyers and get the local paperboys to deliver them!!  :daumenhoch:

hudu

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 10:07 PM »
It's a tough one. Getting people to be pro-active and that.

"If you build it, they will come" <<<--- this is sooo true, so its odd to be asked in advance  :idiot2:

But if you are just passing by this thread - fire off an email and say you will support it.

It's hard locally cos there are few that ride. Mainly cos there is fook-all to ride.  ::)

Chicken and the egg syndrome.  :uglystupid2:

We WILL have a track round here! Said the bloke who said the same in Sheffield 8 years ago...now them bastards over there are spoilt!  :2funny:

:rant:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:46 PM »
 :) Cheers fellas-all help is greatly appreciated.More info will be in the local newspapers soon and several schools in the area are interested in coaching sessions so fingers crossed,all that we need to secure funding is a bit more support.

James

heywoodgirl

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 07:56 PM »
The petitions seem to going great, they are currently in Shepherd's and Leisure Lakes, also an article is in the local paper next Wednesday 25th. So please for now keep spreading the word.  :smiley6600:

The next meeting is on Tuesday 31st March, but I have been asked to send an email to the MD of Link4life, letting them know what our plans are, they should be able to assist with more funding for us.

As everyone who knows me is aware, I am not a BMX rider (20 years since I rode my chopper, but I do own a BMX now!), but am willing to do the meetings and paperwork to get the club up and running and also keep it that way!

The information that I need to send is the cost to upkeep the track yearly and what other costs are likely to be involved.

::) Please help by pointing me in the right direction on how to get this information.

As always thanks for all the support so far.

Yvonne

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Ok james.
I want to touch ORB

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 03:40 PM »
The petitions seem to going great, they are currently in Shepherd's and Leisure Lakes, also an article is in the local paper next Wednesday 25th. So please for now keep spreading the word.  :smiley6600:

The next meeting is on Tuesday 31st March, but I have been asked to send an email to the MD of Link4life, letting them know what our plans are, they should be able to assist with more funding for us.

As everyone who knows me is aware, I am not a BMX rider (20 years since I rode my chopper, but I do own a BMX now!), but am willing to do the meetings and paperwork to get the club up and running and also keep it that way!

The information that I need to send is the cost to upkeep the track yearly and what other costs are likely to be involved.

::) Please help by pointing me in the right direction on how to get this information.

As always thanks for all the support so far.

Yvonne

Have a word with Eddy or SteveN regarding the up keep and costs. They have put a major amount of time and effort into building Hartlepool track and should be able to give you a few pointers :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Bushwacked

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Just thought I'd add this - I heard from our local cycling club that Sport England or a similar body are ploughing money into sport ahead of 2012 - might be worth hooking up with them to see if funding can be sourced elsewhere.

Also, funding can be gained from other sources - we're investigating the Landfill Communities Fund ( http://www.entrust.org.uk/ ) which puts money back into the local communities if near a landfil site. Could be worth checking out also.

Hope this helps.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  HEYWOOD BMX TRACK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx