gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline MXII
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline MXII  (Read 964 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Redline MXII
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I have finished fitting the decals, new bars and different brakes and though I would see what people think.
Back when it was new it had gold bits on it but after they got a bit scuffed I stripped it all off. I think it looks a bit plain now though and was wondering wether to get everything re-done but in red. The only bits not quite right are the pedals. They are a bit too new (but not by much).
If I get everything done red I will get some matching BM5 pedals, what do people think, cheers.

magna13

Re: Redline MXII
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Very Nice... really having a soft spot for Redlines lately...

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:38 PM »
OOOooooooooooyeah likin' Redline's myself too at the mo

Nice machine  :4_17_5:

I would go down the red parts root  too ;)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 07:34 PM »
I might try and find out how much it will cost to get the bits anodised. It might look better if I cleaned the tyres up, I did shoe polish them a few years ago (the're proper old comp 3's) as they are a bit used. The pads are a bit faded as well.
I will have a look through the meusem picsand remind myself what they look like with red bits.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 10:31 PM »
I think it looks sweet mate - I wouldn't change too much on it but i'd see Steve (firebird) for a luverly new padset  :smitten:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 10:41 PM »
What's the serial number ???
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 10:49 PM »
I think (the powder coat is not the best) the number is 352158. I ought to know what year it is as I had it new but I can't work it out.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:54 PM »
I think it looks sweet mate - I wouldn't change too much on it but i'd see Steve (firebird) for a luverly new padset  :smitten:

You've got me interested now. What pads can he do, are they vinyl with poppers ?
I'm not too worried as it's always had these pads on it apart from very early on when it had yellow ones

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 12:22 AM »

You've got me interested now. What pads can he do, are they vinyl with poppers ?
I'm not too worried as it's always had these pads on it apart from very early on when it had yellow ones

Steve's spot on mate - takes great pride in his work and can make you prety much anything you like - vinyl with poppers or nylon with velcro, even custom pads for that little something different  ;)
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Very nice build, good choice of colours and parts  :daumenhoch:

AND you've also got the brake lever in the right place  ;D

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Thanks for the comments, I will have to leave it for a while so I will see how I feel about the colour.
The frame and forks do have a bit of a history.
I got them new in 1981-82 (not quite sure) and fitted as many bits off my Tensor Magnum as I could. I think with the frame and forks I had to buy a new crank (originally a Maxy Cross thats now on my Ripper), stem, seat/seat post and the seat post clamp. The wheels off the Magnum were gold laquered steel, brakes were gold and the bars were Redline V bars I think. The brake on it now is the one off the Magnum it not a proper Dia-compe 890 although the lever is a real one I bought after the original one got scuffed.
I gradually got some better wheels Skyway Tuffs and some bigger Diamond Back bars. I also got some MX 1000's which I might re-fit if I can get the chrome stripped off.

The frame and Forks  were then passed onto my Brother along with some of the bits when I got my Ripper. He bought the Z rims to go on it.

Fast forward a few years, about 1995 I think. I decided to get the frame re-powdered. I rebuilt the wheels and cleaned everything up. I actually made some new stickers up using pinstripe tape and it's been like that untill a few weeks ago when I got the new decals from Del.

Technically it isn't actually mine I just hope my Brother doesn't ask for it back  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline MXII

gfxgfx
gfx gfx