gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975652 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 05:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Spines!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spines!  (Read 6235 times)

macky

Re: Spines!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 08:33 PM »

cant really do much over spines me...

but if ya calve over it.. ya can go higher, and get it smoother i think!!

Bushwacked

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Right guys - I'm after your encouragement to get over a spine on my own.

Went down to my local park wiht a spine on Monday for an hour - it has a 3.5ft spine

I was building up to it by rolling up to it and popping the front wheel above coping then stopping by putting my foot down. I was doing really well and felt on it until my foot slipped and I landed the other side to flat on my back -  :shocked:

Don't know why I can get my ass over it. Evamedia said just jump to flat but I've got it in my mind that something will go wrong and am bottling it.

What are your thoughts on it? What should I do? Am I worrying about nothing?

Voodoocars

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 08:21 PM »
Practice on a jump box by jumping up and landing on your front wheel about 8" from coping-this is the technique needed. Just roll up a spine and duck the front wheel by leaning forward then lean back so the bike tucks in to your arse. Its only a bit daunting 'cause of the drop the other side.Do it once and you will wonder what all the fuss was about... he says....

evamedia

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Jump it to flat, it's 3.5ft

jedi

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 09:29 PM »
its 3ft and therefore dont count!
next week we'll go barhill then man up and ride it.

Bushwacked

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 06:53 AM »
Jump it to flat, it's 3.5ft

True!!!   :2funny:

Bushwacked

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 03:57 PM »
I've been rad this afternoon - not quite to the power of sick but I almost got some old granny pregnant who was giving me grief for using the park during school hours!!! (She said - "are you supposed to be here" I replied "Yes", not much she could say to that  ;D )

On a right buzz - Finally got my ass over the spine which apparently can't be classed as a spine - although its grown overnight and is now nearer 5ft ->

:D  :D

Spent 30 mins doing a volcano and getting a feel for it, then went down to the park with the spine and pulled it first time!!!  ROCK ON!!! :daumenhoch:

Did a few starting from flat, then from the flatbank then from the qtr - qtr was a bit sketchy to say the least but I was properly beaming once I'd done it. had a few nose wheelie landings but no offs, so a good day all in all!!!!

Cheers to everyone for the advice - especially the constructive comments. I think a combination of Evamedia's "Its 3.5ft" comment and Jedi and Sean2000's taunting that it isn't really a spine, really sealed it for me.

Onwards and upwards!!!

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Barnaby you rule.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

I want to dry bum you now. once i've finished with Keef.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Bushwacked

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 05:27 PM »
I want to dry bum you now. once i've finished with Keef.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Chocolate seconds!!!!

:daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 05:36 PM »
when u text me i was at herts riding.i wish i was there!  :)

Bushwacked

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 06:04 PM »
when u text me i was at herts riding.i wish i was there!  :)

:daumenhoch:

I was beaming - I had to tell someone and you were the first person on the list, Obi-wan Spineobi!!!

jedi

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 06:07 PM »
bar hill wednesday dude! you'll love it :) :) :)

Bushwacked

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Yeah man - the weather looks like it is clearing up!!! Sunny Tuesday afternoon (no overnight rain) then dry most of Wednesday!!!

ROCK ON!!!

jedi

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 09:59 PM »
winner! sesh on

evamedia

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 08:31 AM »
bar hill wednesday dude! you'll love it :) :) :)

would have love to have come boys, but I'm off to Austin, TX that day, ride a bloody clock

JT71

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 08:33 AM »
don't you feckers all be having a mega RAd time whilst I'm off enjoying, and I quote twobobrob here, "literally feet of powder" in the Alps.

Ride o'clock indeed but I'm gonna be strapped to  board not hanging on to my bars for grim death.

:LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:33 AM by JT71 »

Bushwacked

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 09:20 AM »
I'll take my video cam and camera with me and post all the pics up so you can seen how we tried not too be too Rad!!!!

But will it really be my fault if some girl gets pregnant just from watching me???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JT71

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37 AM »
i think i got pregnant watching you on Saturday night mate....

oh my mistake I'm just fat.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RAd to the power of sick! times one million

why to people keep asking my wife (usually behind my back) if snowboarding and bmx is a sign I'm having a midlife crisis?

Bushwacked

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 09:40 AM »
why to people keep asking my wife (usually behind my back) if snowboarding and bmx is a sign I'm having a midlife crisis?

I get this too... people just don't understand it. Why is having fun = having midlife crisis!!! 

Don't know about you but since getting into BMX at my ripe old / young age (depending on how you look at it) I feel a sort of "yeah this is what its about!!" kinda feeling.

JT71

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 09:54 AM »
i love to be asked the question "do you play golf"

to which i reply, "no, I'm too young for golf, I ride bmx" they give me that look thats says "you're sh1tting me right?"

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

thou i did consider golf for a dark moment when 50/50s wouldn't come.

jedi

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 10:03 AM »
golf is played by cnuts with no dress sense  :)

Bushwacked

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 10:05 AM »

Gonna have to tell my dad that one!!! He thinks his pringles are the height of fashion!!!!

Joe - I so remember that discussion in the Curry house (Sept Novice Night??) when you were going to pack it all in and play golf!!!

You were properly pissed off with your riding at the time. Now look at you!!

I dread to think how many people you've gotten pregnant just riding past them, you're properly boom gnarly!!!!

JT71

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 10:06 AM »

Gonna have to tell my dad that one!!! He thinks his pringles are the height of fashion!!!!

Joe - I so remember that discussion in the Curry house (Sept Novice Night??) when you were going to pack it all in and play golf!!!

You were properly pissed off with your riding at the time. Now look at you!!

I dread to think how many people you've gotten pregnant just riding past them, you're properly boom gnarly!!!!

i so remember that conversation dude. but Jedi and Paul Jones (what ever happened to him?) soons put me right.

then Jedi and Phil got me to nail those 50/50s.

time to learn summat new when i get back from Val.

Bushwacked

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Spines!

JT71

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 10:26 AM »
Spines!

you spying on mine and jedis current msn conversation?  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Spines!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx