gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 02:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Marc 'Nipper' Reardon- 20 years today........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Marc 'Nipper' Reardon- 20 years today........  (Read 2382 times)

welsh denny

Marc 'Nipper' Reardon- 20 years today........
« on: February 14, 2009, 12:33 PM »
since he tragically passed away. feb 14th 1989. still got great memories of time spent at cardiff ramp room and all the other places we used to ride bitd.

thought i'd post some pics in his rememberance..... more to follow as i dig em out so keep checking back folks....

Not a valid vimeo URL  - 1986 cardiff ramp room

- 1987 when marc was really blasting it. there is more video from 86-88 i have yet to tinker with.. :daumenhoch:

series.1.rs.turbo

Re: Marc 'Nipper' Reardon- 20 years today........
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:26 PM »
R.I.P My friend...you are sadly missed.  :4_17_5:

Cheers Matt  8)

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 03:30 PM »
RIP Dude..bet he is getting RAD in BMX Heaven :4_17_5:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Nice thought Denny, well done dude.

Rad as fook - R.I.P.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 06:23 PM »
R.I.P My friend...you are sadly missed.  :4_17_5:

Cheers Matt  8)....real nice thought....who'd of thought it was 20 years 

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Great video Denny , Thanks for putting it up ..mark was one hell of a rad dude ..R.I.P
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 04:51 AM »
   RIP Marc.

he was a rad bugger eh?
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Guillotte

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 06:46 AM »
Marc was awesome. Never a doubt. He's assembling rickety quarters in the afterlife just waiting for us to join him.

macky

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 07:00 AM »

Nice thought!!  :daumenhoch:

That 1st pic is HUGE!! and is that a tyre grab too...

Rad guy!! Great pics!!

R.I.P. man!!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 04:31 PM »
Great pics D.

I never knew Marc as well as I knew Andy, but if he was anything like his bro to ride with and hang out with, it's no surprise he is so missed.
Whenever I watch your ramp room vids, it's clear to me that Marc would have been one of our top pro ramp riders, without a doubt.
What a shame we never got to see that.

RIP dude.

G

gareth rs1800

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 04:55 PM »
nice 1 denny m8 real nice 2 c what u have put up for nipper,andy popped up my parents house 2 weeks ago with his misses and 2 kiddies we were in full conversion on all old school stuff and i said he shpuld pop onto rad bmx 2 check it out so hopefully he will do so,anyway nice 1 for what u av done den

welsh denny

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 06:34 PM »
cheers guys. yep marc was deffo underated as a rider- he was a bit of a rogue but one you couldn't help but like. he could ride flatland too but ramps were definetly his thing.  marc did a topside one footer once and footslapped the roof. crazy!!
seen him have some real bad slams over the years  and he would also get up laughing. i remember he did a 9 ft turndown and his brake lever tucked into his knee pad and he couldn't  click out of it. he just came back down in same position. bang!! not sure if he hit his head or not (no lid) but he got up laughing. no more knee pads for me!! . ha. things like that stick in your mind.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40 PM »
I still think we should have a tribute section on the site. I've mentioned it before but nothing was ever done about it. There's so many great riders who are very sadly no longer with us and I think they deserve an area of their own to let us pay tribute to their awesome ability!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

welsh denny

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 07:17 PM »

more to follow over the next few days....

Guillotte

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 03:23 AM »
Keep 'em comin'

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 09:16 PM »
I had 2 Hutch stems off Nipper, IIRC  one was from that trickster...still have them both, one is on my GT...mad how a pic jog's your memory...well mine anyway !

Would be great if Andy could get on here  :coolsmiley:

Marc went higher than anyone I saw ride that room, & my me s hit my pants a few times with the stuff he pulled, top rider, top lad, top laugh, top times. RIP mate....tap your tyre from the top of the pipe again some day, if I could reach !  :4_17_5:

Those last pics were propper mate fair play, the one looking down the ramp room from ontop of the quarter pipe is awsome...captures the place for me  :4_17_5:

Keep them comong mate...did you always have your camera on you ??  :)

edit, The seat clap is on my GT also, he kept catching his leg on it...lol...my new fave thread on RAD  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:27 PM by series.1.rs.turbo »

welsh denny

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 07:44 PM »
adam- these are chris fowlers pics. he gave me a shedload of neagatives to convert so this is just a few from thousands- lots of skate too though.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 02:03 AM »
Amazing stuff mate, keep them comimg.  :4_17_5:

Well done Chris, propper stuff  :4_17_5:

yoda

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Always had time for Marc and his bro super nice guys who would always make a point of catching up everytime we met at comps. Marc was def one of the top ramp riders of the day who pushed it every time he rode  :daumenhoch:

welsh denny

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 08:17 PM »
found another batch of pics my mate chris took and they stayed undeveloped for almost 20 years. i paid  to get em developed a few years ago - nice black & white ones- some i have posted up in thread as they were on my hard drive. i'll scan some in over the weekend.
we were lucky they came out as much longer and the film would have been useless.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 05:43 PM »
As I was reading your post mate I thought you were gonna say they never came out ...phew....cant wait to see them  :4_17_5:  :daumenhoch:

Lee Reynolds

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Much respect.
Marc was an amazing rider!!
I remember climbing a grassy mountain with him to ride a halfpipe... or maybe it was a dream!
Thanks Denny :-)

welsh denny

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 08:31 PM »
that would be the wenallt halfpipe lee.
it would look over the whole of cardiff and see as far as penarth coast. a trek to get there dodging the farmer,sheep, horses and dung.
i remember once the horse were going crazy and chasing us, i chucked the bike and hid by a tree while nipper hit a trunk of a tree and jumped the fence.
another time racing thru the last field andy reardon was in front and lost it and skidded into the dungpit.

:LolLolLolLol:

he wasn't too happy but they were great times.  can you remeber lee if you were riding a pink trickstar at the time, as i've got a mates pic from there but we thought it may be andy brown as he came up there many times.

Guillotte

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 04:55 AM »
Only rode once with him and his boys on their turf but had a great time. Marc was super talented.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Marc 'Nipper' Reardon- 20 years today........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx