gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:07 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  pics of old malvern tracks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pics of old malvern tracks  (Read 15594 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: pics of old malvern tracks
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 07:40 PM »
Hi SE, I was at the opening race at Rebel Force as well. The Mounsey brothers were quick. I actually worked in the same company years later with Chris. He worked in Portsmouth then. Bizarrely enough I bought Graham Sweets Patterson from him last year. He bought it from a guy named Matthew Dawson. I've got a pic of it here.

se

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006, 10:42 PM »
That brings back a few more memories! What was it about Malvern and Pattersons? Like the seatpost too. Who was the kid who had the really classy black PK? I think he raced 13x in 1985.

The funniest race I remember there was a club meeting final, not sure which year. It was when I gave up on open bearing BBs and switched to sealed - I had bashed some open bearing rings in in a right strop and bent them to fxxx. Over the trebles they gave out and the cranks went all sloppy, so I picked up the bike carried it and ran like fxxx. Overtook some poor sod and came in 7th! Best race ever. I was a lanky git so I reckon I would have run way more races if I had just carried it rather than trying to ride.

AJWD

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Mate I'm sure I still have some of that track in my shins. I fell off my MRD so many times on those whoops it wasn't funny (obviously it was!).

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2006, 06:52 PM »
I remember a guy with an mrd who faceplanted badly on the quarter pipe at hillbillies. Wasn't you was it.

AJWD

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2006, 05:17 PM »
If it was the chrome MRD of my two: http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=6538.0 then yes twas me! Saying that I don't think there's many places I didn't fall off. Got the knees of a 92 year-old woman now!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2006, 07:48 PM »
I only knew one guy that had an MRD and he always wore an open face helmet. He used to hang around with a guy that always went on about Brian Blyther as well. Funny the things you remember isn't it.

AJWD

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Weren't me fella. I did fall off there though. An MRD Pro ain't made for freestyle that's fo schizzle!

darrenwillcox

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2006, 08:14 AM »
Hi Jamie,  thought I would say hi, shame about the state of the tracks now, I have called into Wordsley, Cocksmoors and Redditch recently and its a similar situation. I understand that Redditch  is up for a rebuild!!!
Still got my patterson, just had it rechromed and buliding it back up to 80`s standard.

Darren Willcox

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2006, 08:26 AM »
Hi Darren, I remember you and your Patterson. You weren't half bad as I remember. Good to see you back.

glov

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2006, 02:16 PM »
  BLAST FROM THE PAST hi darren long time mate good to hear you still have the patterson
like the fool iam i got rid of the hutch lol
what you up to now ?
you think of making a come back with us old boys then you remeber keith jones .john weston there back on the bikes having some great fun
good to hear from you give me a pm with your number and we will have a chat

jamie  :daumenhoch:

AJWD

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2006, 02:12 PM »
I went out with Mr Weston in Birmingham the other week. What a load of flannel, those bikes are made out of cardboard, and he drinks shandy!

Darby.

glov

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2006, 03:12 PM »
yes jon the shandy drinker  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

jon016847

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Now Now  girls,     i sence a little bit of the green eyed monster,

Ady, was great to meet you despite you being late ................

Had a good night, and no I dont drink shandy ...   unlike Adey who was drinking baylies and later he moved on to baby sham ..... LOL

AJWD

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2006, 07:52 PM »
I think our night was more Babyshambles than Babycham fella........come on let's ave it!!

jon016847

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2006, 07:48 AM »
good point well made sir !!  it did have a touch of the peter doherty's about it - lol

AJWD

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Going out tonight with my old partner in crime fella. Mates from Leeds are playing at Audio so I should wake up on the beach about 7 tomorrow!!

stimo

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Hi jamie they built houses next to the old track on the horses field next door the jumps and every thing are still there and they have bunded it off would be good to get a track up and running in malvern again im up for it theres fook all for the kids to do in malvern anyway

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  pics of old malvern tracks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx