gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  SO WHO WAS A NOBODY???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SO WHO WAS A NOBODY???  (Read 4004 times)

keep it lit!

Re: SO WHO WAS A NOBODY???
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2009, 09:46 PM »

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2009, 09:57 PM »

nobody here ::)

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2009, 10:08 PM »
Another nobody calling in ...below average rider on a slightly above average bike....under-acheiver since 1972 ...... and still am ....hey at least we`re consistent eh?

some skater once said my wallrides were rad once tho?  :4_17_5: :D :D :D
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

suts89

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 10:04 AM »
ME

I,m now building the bikes i wanted but didnt get BITD

dazza

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Im in team nobody aswell  :LolLolLolLol:

spicybob

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 01:11 PM »
Im proud to say I was shite on a BMX and even prouder to say I still am  :daumenhoch:

Took the words right out of my mouth

Rob

sweetbeats

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Im in team nobody aswell  :LolLolLolLol:

Great Idea Let's have a BMX Team Nobody...I will be team bunny hop coach and next year we can practice rockwalks....I think the factory uniform should be brown and we will not allow anyone who thinks they are a BMX authority to join...they will be banned by our comittee and are goal is to stamp out BMX Bull5hit whilst having a laugh along the way :LolLolLolLol:

electobooty

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 02:02 PM »

Great Idea Let's have a BMX Team Nobody...I will be team bunny hop coach and next year we can practice rockwalks....I think the factory uniform should be brown and we will not allow anyone who thinks they are a BMX authority to join...they will be banned by our comittee and are goal is to stamp out BMX Bull5hit whilst having a laugh along the way :LolLolLolLol:

[/quote]

crap then crapper now lol but still a nobody

must have iron on transfer team jerseys and we must find an endo coach............wonder where? ;)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 02:10 PM »
I'm not sure that anyone was a nobody.  Anyone who was involved from the late 70's to now has had an effect on things even if they only went to watch a few displays or races.
The real big stars would have been nobody's if their skills wern't appreciated by others.

I don't know what else I would have done in my early teens if BMX'S wern't about, it was like a huge social club. You could go riding almost anywhere and meet up with someone building a dirt jump or practicing tricks in a car park.

I'm still a nobody though  :)

sweetbeats

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 02:23 PM »

Endo's are way to advanced at this moment intime we need to perfect the basics first..We will also need a bullshit detector for meets so we can keep it full of good dude nobodys and root out the jockeys

:LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:26 PM by sweetbeats™ »

moley

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 02:26 PM »
we need to perfect the basics first :LolLolLolLol:

Hopefully, I'll be able to remove my stabilizers after some intensive tuition!! :)

sweetbeats

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Moley we will have you bunnyhopping kerbs for fun with 6 months intensive training :daumenhoch:

Daddybass

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2009, 05:34 PM »
oh yes me too but im only 37 still time yet :4_17_5:

sweetbeats

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2009, 10:32 PM »
oh yes me too but im only 37 still time yet :4_17_5:
:LolLolLolLol:

losidan

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2009, 07:30 AM »
I think I once got some airtime off a kerb

Timmeh

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 12:48 PM »
Me too...on a Red Puch Invader!!

Spent my pocket money on 'mongoose' decals, dice caps, meteor-lite donuts and those 'sharp bottom bracket boots'; If i'd have saved up I could have had a decent ride..!

...try explainin' that t'kids these days and thee won't believe you! ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2009, 06:14 PM »
I have ear marked my Pro Class as the 09 rider for my dirt campaign

Me too Paul - see you on the dirt you crazy fool :idiot2:  I think you should race your nipper's Nipper Ripper :2funny:

At 13 and 14 I rode my '83 Cali off every piece of wood or dirt we could shape into a ramp, fractured my skull trying to aerial (helmets were gay) and 25 years later, fractured my skull trying to ride concrete when I should know better (helmets are STILL gay!). In between all I have discovered is women, beer and debt, so I think I know why we're all stuck in the 80's - it's just DENIAL :shocked:

First person in the known schoolboy universe to back-hop over a hundred (the earth is only as big as your home-town :2funny: ), first to bunnyhop over and upside down bike and first to smash a Tuff II and had my LBS hang it on the wall behind the counter to scare kids about dangerous riding for years, but still proud to be a nobody. These days I'm just glad to go out for a spin and explain to the youth how it all started and why a Gen1 is a special bike and they should stop laughing....... :-\

Spen
Still limping......

STUMPYLEE

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2009, 06:50 PM »
reading through  the other thread about fiolas signature frame it dawned on me that rad is
full of people who "were someone" BITD we have loads of ex factory racers, team sponsored freestylers,
some of the biggest names in bmx history frequent theses boards.

so........................................................ who did fook all as a kid apart for pedal about on their bmx, read bmx weekly
and dream about owning a decent bike ;D ;D

there must be loads of us on here that just enjoyed our bike but never achieved anything.

COME ON STAND UP AND BE COUNTED :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

i was naff on my bike but i lived up the park, being i was 4foot nothing and had a 10 ton super burner i was lucky if i could get it off the ground but i loved that bike it was the best day of my life when i got that bike but i always dreamed of getting a haro gen 1, got 2x 85's so need to save them pennys to get that dream bike. Don't think it matters what bike you had as long as you enjoyed it. BMX forever!!! :smitten:

spesh

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2009, 08:24 PM »
i werent too bad on my bike i could bunny hop kerbs ,360 on the flat jump most of the bowls at southsea(there 4x a week in 83-85)
the local portsea kids used to lay down and get me to bunny hop them,but like you say any dirt mound or wooden ramps we used to try and out jump each other

such good times :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2009, 08:28 PM »
i just remmebered a trick i used to do and still do now
where you pull back on the bike and lift the rear wheel while the front rolls along the floor then you brake and the rear wheel comes down and you then repeat the process sort of like a reversing caterpiller(insect not dozer)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 08:35 PM »
say after me...................

"I AM SOMEBODY !"  :LolLolLolLol:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05 PM »
ERRRR ............HI IM JOHN AND IM SHIT ON A BMX!!!!!!!!!! AND I WAS BITD!!!!!!!!!

etriedes

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Is a proud memebr of Team Nobody

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Me.

Cant even remember what my bike was!!! I just know i washed about a thousand cars through the summer to save for a pair of lavender tuff's from halfords in basildon. My bike was white and sh*t, but with the tuffs and a set of lavender custom skyway ta stickers in lavender from Radcity as far as i was concerned i was GOD.
Just talking about it stirs up old feelings of putting those tuff's on my bmx, i could'nt belive they were mine. After dinner i would go in the garage just to sit and look at them. F*ckin brilliant.

Good weekend to you all. :daumenhoch:

Si

steve Beech TA

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2009, 07:27 PM »

Hi i am steve,    age 35,  I to was absolutely crap on a bmx. GOD I FEEL BETTER FOR THAT,

I to remember wishing and dreaming for a pair of skyways in halfords in basildon. Ended up with acorn freestyle wheels :'( :'( :'(.  whilst all mi mats had TA's and PK's i was on a super burner and a second hand one at that :'( :'( :'( :'( wich i scraped the gold of two make it chrome like my mates TA

About the best trick i could do was to pedal like mad across lake meadows then dismount of the frame stands and run like fcuk after my bike while it freewheel across the park and jump back on.  :-[

god it was good :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  SO WHO WAS A NOBODY???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx