gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 08:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  race licensing?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: race licensing?  (Read 1036 times)

dodger

race licensing?
« on: February 02, 2009, 11:12 PM »
is it true u have to be part of a club to a apply for a license as oviosly sesson starts soon and i want to try at least a few races in s/w.

are there any races i can compeat in without one or am i just open to gate practices?

Moschops

Re: race licensing?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:34 PM »
need to be a club member to race, also need to be a club member or a bc member to do organised gate sessions for insurance perposes.

dodger

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:14 PM »
ok thanks so i need to get signed up first then apply for my licence beter get on the emails lol.

moley

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 03:36 PM »
What are you racing Dodger?

Regionals, Nationals etc, etc

If you just want to race Regionals in the Summer then just buy a Silver BC Membership and you can race Regionals without buying a separate Racing License.

If you want to do Nationals as well then you have to buy a Racing License too!!

There has been a lot of discussion about this because it's changed from last year and no one is 100% sure.  ???

dodger

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 03:45 PM »
will only be regionals atm as my car's not 100% and dont want to traval to far due to family commitments next year will be a diffrent story tho hopefuly if things get better with the little one.
a copy from bcf
I want to race BMX in my own region, but don't feel ready for nationals. What level of membership and licence do I need?
Probably the most confusing area for riders, parents or guardians. Go to the membership section for a full breakdown of each level of membership and what benefits you can gain from Bronze, Silver or Gold membership. For BMX regional events, all participating riders in the Expert categories need to be members of British Cycling. Your BMX Regional Secretary will be able to explain to you how many races you can attend as a Novice before moving to the Expert categories. Bronze level membership is fine, but we recommend Silver of Gold to ensure you have adequate insurance protection. For BMX national events, all riders need to have Silver or Gold membership and a racing licence.

so i thought bronze would be ok just going by what they say.

moomin

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 03:47 PM »

There has been a lot of discussion about this because it's changed from last year and no one is 100% sure.  ???

:LolLolLolLol: I can see the head honchos at BCF sitting there, rubbing their hands with glee at the utter conusion that reigns over licenses and the extra cash they're raking in on the back of it, thank fook we aint gotta renew cos i'm utterly confused  :crazy2:

moley

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I'm waiting until the summer Series then I'll get a membership!!  :daumenhoch:

dodger

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 04:52 PM »
well tbh iv just been made redundent today so dont evan no if this is going to be able to go ahead.  :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  race licensing?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx