gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 04:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  book club !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: book club !  (Read 424 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
book club !
« on: January 31, 2009, 04:12 PM »
A lot my have had this book but i thought i would show anyway

Went out for a coffee into the town with the other half on here day off - passed a couple of charity shops and had a quick look in - went throw the books as in always hope there will be a book on bmx's - guess what ! yup there it was BMX Action Bike Book 83'  :grin:  looked and found a couple of other annuals that took my interest and went and paid for them - so i've found one book at a carboot and now one in a charity shop - so there are old bmx books out there, you just have to look hard - i hope that some one will chuck out the old school magazines soon  :lol:

this reminds me of the pic that Darren had up
78'

81'

84'

80'

?
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

magna13

Re: book club !
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:18 PM »
I have the BMX Action book of '83 too! got it given to me when i bought a bike off eBay. :daumenhoch:

davevilla

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 10:29 PM »
I remember the BMX Action Bike Book really well - I think I used to carry it around with me (why? don't know...I was 8)

But out of the lot the C.H.i.P.s one must be the top find - Jon Baker and Estrada in bike cop crime fighting nirvana...think the gin's kicked in.

Rooonga

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:03 PM »
I do love an old school annual!

Wonder how many members here have the Bob Haro book?

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 10:02 AM »
I always look in charity shops for BMX books - have yet to find one.

Regarding the CHiPS annual - many of you will be aware that there is a link to BMX.  One of the episodes had a sub-plot featuring a BMX racer, with stunts by OS racer Anthiny Sewell.  This is what wikipedia says about him:

"He did on screen stunt work for the BMX race subplot in an episode of the American television series CHiPs which originally aired on March 3, 1979. Fellow racers John George and Charlie Litsky also appeared. It was entitled "CHP-BMX" (Season 2, Episode 21)."

Rooonga

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:05 AM »
I have that episode at home on my PC, must get around to watching it one day.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  book club !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx