gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 06:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Local track from BITD - NOW (pics)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Local track from BITD - NOW (pics)  (Read 3926 times)

nhoj

Re: Local track from BITD - NOW (pics)
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 08:27 PM »
Brilliant, top work!!!!!!!!!! :4_17_5:

Never thought I'd see all these pictures when I started the thread and quite suprised that there's peeps on here that even know the track, never mind 'built it ' ::)

That's the sort of thing that makes this site so good :daumenhoch:

Did you dabble with racing and freestyle Morgan?

morgster

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 08:34 PM »
yeah i got fed up when the track was built and we didnt have funds for any ramps (there was supposed to be a half pipe on the space to the left before you got to the track) so swapped the firebird for the GT.

here's various incarnations of my bikes to that point.

morgster

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 08:39 PM »
That was Ammaco Team Special, got the CW bars & skyways, snapped the frame, got the firebird f&f swapped all the parts over, cant remember whether i snapped the fame or swapped the stickers (too many nights out since then) but got the dp bars and upgraded bits as i went on. i would love to own all that stuff still, what a great thing that would be, to have all the stuff, even the broken bits.

nhoj

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 08:52 PM »
This thread just gets better!!!! :)

At least you still have pics of your bikes and stuff, I cant find diddly :'(

lodge

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 08:53 PM »
great thread, been to a few old tracks over the years and had the same ghostly feeling but I love thinking about what went on on them, I think 70's skateparks have a similar effect.

morgster

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 08:58 PM »
i must go down to the track at wetherby, i cycled down to wetherby and back on Monday (on the mountainbike) this week but didnt have time to go up to the track, bet it will be a weird feeling.

heres a shot of phil carey, just before his mongoose got nicked.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 09:06 PM »

proper old school ramp

nhoj

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 09:07 PM »
great thread, been to a few old tracks over the years and had the same ghostly feeling but I love thinking about what went on on them, I think 70's skateparks have a similar effect.

Yeah its hard to describe the feelings I had when I got there. It must be 25 years since I had been there last.  Don't know what I expected to find but I just felt sad really :'(

Oh well, chin up, life goes on and we still have our memories, might have to take my son down and show him what its all about!!! :daumenhoch:

morgster

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 09:14 PM »
that newspaper clipping was from 1984 :(

morgster

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 09:15 PM »
oh and if you want a hi res of the newspaper, just let me know.

nhoj

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 09:24 PM »
i must go down to the track at wetherby, i cycled down to wetherby and back on Monday (on the mountainbike) this week but didnt have time to go up to the track, bet it will be a weird feeling.

heres a shot of phil carey, just before his mongoose got nicked.

It will certainly be a wierd feeling, the place just isn't how your memory remembers it......................be warned ;)

On the subject of nicked bikes, do you remember the tale of Dan Jones's nicked pk ripper?

Story went, as I heard it, that his gran was loaded and bought him the best(most expensive bike) you could get, I saw it, I remember the camo pads but didn't know much about rippers at the time, anyway, he had to 'lend' it to the hardest lad in the year at school who went into town on it and  it was never seen again!!

I think he said that he left it outside the arcade and when he came back it was gone!!!  Dan couldn't say too much as he was one of the hardest lads in the school with a reputation!!

That was the sort of hard-knock-life we led in Wetherby!!!!!! ::)  

morgster

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 09:29 PM »
lol yeah thats true that. dans gran got him the ripper and we were all like wooah! i got in touch with him a few years ago to ask if he wanted to sell it and he told me the story of it getting nicked, i knew said hardest lad too, pretty well in fact but i dont know what really happened to dans bike, sad old carry on.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Local track from BITD - NOW (pics)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx