gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Radcliffe Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Radcliffe Update  (Read 1039 times)

rosscoe

Radcliffe Update
« on: January 14, 2009, 07:42 PM »
probably not the right place but an update none the less.

Some of you might remember my plight to try and keep Radcliffe Skatepark open. Its run by me and a few dedicated locals and is a cracking park, free for use all year round (http://www.radcliffeskatepark.co.uk/) site out of date but should be a couple of piccies. We had major issues with insurance and very very nealy had to doze the whole thing

anyways - we have secured a better insurance deal and have revenue funding to keep us alive for a couple of years which is cool   :daumenhoch:

better news still is that I have just secured a 330k capital grant to make some improvements down there. We wont be touching the ramps but will have better access steps, a footpath across the field so you dont get muddy, a new notice board (for disclaimners etc etc) but most impressive is a professionally designed set of floodlights!!!!!! woooohoooooooooooooo

those of you who now the park appreciate that the current lighting is far from adequate now that the park has been extended. The new stuff will ensure that all the park is rideable during the dark. this will be cool. Our agreement with the parish council (landowners) permits lighting it until 9pm.

So, no excuses for not having evening sessions now

Bottom line (and my own stupid fault) is that we will be having a jam this year now to celebrate. I promised the locals we would if I got the money  :idiot2: and now we have

and means that I have no forms to fill in for a while so might even get a few hours to crooze around   ::)

so keep your eyes peeled, will advertise it on here, likely to be the back end of summer so plenty of time.

If any of you have any ideas for the day, maybe somebody would like to organise an old school bike display or something then any help or ideas are welcome.

Usually a relaxed session with a jam format comp to get the kids involved and let the pros strut their stuff, with music and food and a few sidestalls to try and raise a few quid

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: Radcliffe Update
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:28 PM »
good work mate im going to get myself and my boy down there to lend our support :daumenhoch:

Andy

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:22 PM »
rosscoe where abouts are you?? Im just down the road in lady bay west bridgford

small world

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:37 PM »
 Ross. good work.  glad its worked out.

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00 AM »
Ross

great news mate

any help I can be just let me know,

Wallace

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Excellent - I remember your old post - Great to see it all work out 'better than expected'

I don't know if this helps - My friend works for these people and they have this offer on for flyers and posters on at the moment- It might come in useful if your organising a Jam

The're in Nottingham

Give me a shout if you need any help setting up artwork.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:47 AM by diesel »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Radcliffe Update

gfxgfx
gfx gfx