gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  pegs for my Dirt Bros TA replica
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pegs for my Dirt Bros TA replica  (Read 1160 times)

JT71

pegs for my Dirt Bros TA replica
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:13 AM »
right folks, wanna stick a couple a pegs on it, since peg stalls are the only trick I know.

what do you recommend? I don't really want thread on ones, I'd prefer ones held on by the wheel nut.

is there anythign era specific early to mid 90's that'll suit?

then has anyone got two 10mm ones?

thanks in advance for anyhelp.....and just cos I love it and to help you picture it, here it is:

laughinggravy

Re: pegs for my Dirt Bros TA replica
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Havoc pegs were the SD pegs of choice (if any at all). Good luck finding some that haven't reverted to their component parts, ie a bit of tubing and a fat washer, then welded together. .

Beware, your TA is likely to whimper and the dropouts bend themselves just at the sight of a pair of pegs . . .!!

JT71

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Havoc pegs were the SD pegs of choice (if any at all). Good luck finding some that haven't reverted to their component parts, ie a bit of tubing and a fat washer, then welded together. .

Beware, your TA is likely to whimper and the dropouts bend themselves just at the sight of a pair of pegs . . .!!

yeah you are probably right, I was thinking of making some big washers to help the dropouts survive.

might even get some extra plate wleded on, lol, nice and rough 90s style.

sweetbeats

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:53 AM »
That bike is just cool...said it 100 times ill say it again :LolLolLolLol:
Was trying to think how to describe it...Hmmmm like an angry beauty or something :LolLolLolLol:

laughinggravy

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:54 AM »
You need some 'Carve' fat washers from chris hardy and g-sport george!

Welding extra plate on, my mate has dave slades old bright orange performer (had a rad pic in invert wallriding down some stairs), that his then girlfriend begged me to sell to her as she needed something for his birthday. So I did. He promptly took it to work and welded a massive double thick dropout on his peg side.
Shame, that!

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 12:42 PM »
i think custom riders are still selling g sport cone nuts, which might help support the drop out from the inside

also i heard that either custom riders or cycle sport have the standard pegs still for sale, and i think they had 10mm anmd 14mm  :) :)

not sure if this helps?

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 09:15 AM »
Cyclesport have shed loads of 10mm chrome pegs mate - copies of old standard ones and other types - going for pittance - Ive bought 2 pairs for my HAF - they look great. Theyre also the ones that Alex has on his HAF too.

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 09:32 PM »
how about some standards?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  pegs for my Dirt Bros TA replica

gfxgfx
gfx gfx