gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new build feelings
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new build feelings  (Read 669 times)

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
new build feelings
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:22 PM »
tomorrow i start my first build. ive got a couple of days off, all the pieces have been checked, polished, laid out ready, my hands are sweaty, i feel a bit sick but i feel good, are there any rituals i should follow any little prayers to be said, lets hear about your first build experiences nice1 gaz :daumenhoch:

baldbmxer

Re: new build feelings
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Take you're time, offer the parts to the build as you go and dont put them on if you're not happy!  :daumenhoch:

Be patient, comforting music of whatever takes you're choice and a cool tasty beverage  :)

and a roll of tissue on hand in case it gets to much for you........ or for after you've 'done'

:LolLolLolLol:

electobooty

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:44 AM »
Take you're time, offer the parts to the build as you go and dont put them on if you're not happy!  :daumenhoch:

Be patient, comforting music of whatever takes you're choice and a cool tasty beverage  :)

and a roll of tissue on hand in case it gets to much for you........ or for after you've 'done'

:LolLolLolLol:
lmfao

daz bmx it!

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:43 PM »
 If it doesn't fit?...don't force it,just get a Bigger Hammer!  :D

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:12 AM »
........ or for after you've 'done'

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

JT71

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 07:42 AM »
take time and care with putting in the BB and HS cups, if it's painted especially as this is where the tears will come if you chip it, and also with fitting the headset race to forks.

if both frame and forks are painted where these items go then sand them until you get a snug but easyish fit. Rubber mallet, lots of nice soft stuff, to protect the paint.

make sure you get the bearings in the right way around

once those items are done the rest is a piece of p1ss. Have fun

the left hand pedal has a left hand thread, ie it tightens anti clockwise, but i'm sure you know that.  :daumenhoch:

then when it's all mechanically done you'll need to fit the decals, clean it, get any/all dust off. let it dry properly.
wash your hands so they are the cleanest they have ever been and apply carefully. Don't do that floating em on with soapy water thing, i found that the decals don't stick very well that way, but that's just my experience.

take photos

upload photos to photobucket

put phoots on RAD

see you in about 5 hours then.

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new build feelings

gfxgfx
gfx gfx