gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who didn't you like bitd
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who didn't you like bitd  (Read 7482 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Who didn't you like bitd
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Do you think the clue might be in his name???    :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

skids

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I just read the first one about Jason Lunn!!!!
I met him through a mutual skater friend[Steve Parker]
Both of them were [and probobly still are] bloody awesome fellas!
the cutting up thing come from skating!!!!you watch any old skating vids and you will see
what I'm talking about.[Jason was a shit hot skater]so it probobly became second nature to "carve in"
It has made me giggle,cos he was such an easy-going bloke[good drummer too]
......................Rode with Day Smith once at southsea KOC. Two bob shuffle munsterer[I wish I'd knocked him out!]
......................Skids

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 11:10 AM »
As I said in my post dude I've no doubt Lunny was and still is a top bloke and I always had the up-most respect for him as a rider, skater etc. as he can pretty much do the lot! But unfortunately first impressions last! I'm sure one day I'll meet him and find out he really is a top fella.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Mike Pardon , Craig burrows and Godfrey Burke and others ( Anals team members) for taking the piss out of a little kid and his team murray at chorley BMX track early 80's. But I showed you, you set of c+nts.

I had the same sort of thing with Andy Ruffell, Craig Scoffield and Jason Maloney, they used to look down on most people and take the piss, but I`ve met them since and they`re as cool as.

Also me and TwoBob Rob never really saw eye to eye bitd, but he`s one of my biggest fans now  :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 11:38 AM »
I love the Stupple    :smitten:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 11:43 AM »
......................Rode with Day Smith once at southsea KOC. Two bob shuffle munsterer[I wish I'd knocked him out!]
......................Skids

Rob....I can't work out if this is directed at you  :-\

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 11:45 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

I hope not!  I don't think I've pissed skids off!!   Mind you though, I have upset most people.....  ;D

Nah, he means Day Smith I'm sure.

union

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 12:45 PM »
jason lunn wasnt too popular back then, being that good probably would have gone to anyones head when they were 14 tho. none of the chingford locals liked him, it was 1986 and we were all 13 or 14 so water under the bridge these days.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I didnt meet him till 94 and I remember Peerless telling me he was quite a cocky kid years before.

He was cool when I met him though, would borrow my bike after his skate session in my barn and absolutely rip  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 12:54 PM »
At one of the later Holeshots Jason Lunn had a massive shouting match at a mate of mine (while wearing some motorbike boots with chrome shin guards on them ???. My mate was pretty tuff and a few years older than me and Jason. It was very funny, Lunn totally put him in his place. Later that day my mate got a kicking from the guy doing the comentry. He slagged off what he was saying, without realising his son was stood next to us  :-X

I guess my mate didnt have a good day!

DJ

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 03:39 PM »
I always found Jason to be fine, saw him not so long ago...

Who didnt I like? Fook me.. no fooker liked any of us from Southsea in the early 90's so in turn we didnt like quite a few people but thats all water under the bridge now, fook'em!  :LolLolLolLol:

There's a few Johnny Big Shots out there now who aren't worth a wank I know that!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 03:54 PM »
To be honest if I'd have met myself bitd I wouldn't have liked me, I could be a proper prat sometimes that's for sure. I much more mellow these days as I'm sure most of us are.  ;)

Daz.

skids

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2009, 08:27 AM »
Dear TWO BOB..........................
Just to let you know,you havn't pissed me off,the term "two bob wayne carr" is a very common-
phrase for me, and was directed at Mr D Smith alone.
 ;D ;D ;D.......................Skids

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 07:45 PM »

It's a phrase I used to use a lot;  twobob this, twobob that....  that's how I ended up as TwoBobRob   ;)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 08:09 PM »

It's a phrase I used to use a lot;  twobob this, twobob that....  that's how I ended up as TwoBobRob   ;)

And here's me just thinking it was because you were a tight b@stard  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 08:11 PM »
Well, yeah....  that too   ;)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Well, yeah....  that too   ;)

Love ya really  ;)

rosscoe

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2009, 09:49 PM »
I have to admit to having a distinct lack of respect (dislike?) for the powers that were the UKBFA peeps, in a very naughty school boy type of way. I knew we needed em, but didnt like some of what they did and tried them whenever I could. I think I was one of the only (if not the only) competitor to actually be fined by them, strange as I flew the competition flag very high too.

A classic case of immaturity and me knowing best at the time.

sometime around my late 20's it dawned on me how important they were (as adults in a kids world) and how much all their efforts really did for my (our) sport.

Whilst I managed to speak with Mr Noble sometime ago and passed on my thoughts and appreciation one of my regrets is that I never got to pass the same thoughts to Colin Kefford (RIP) before he passed.

As for disliking riders????? cant remember ever disliking anybody I met really, guess I always thought there were too few of us to fall out maybe? 

lodge

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 08:45 AM »
I have to admit to having a distinct lack of respect (dislike?) for the powers that were the UKBFA peeps, in a very naughty school boy type of way. I knew we needed em, but didnt like some of what they did and tried them whenever I could. I think I was one of the only (if not the only) competitor to actually be fined by them, strange as I flew the competition flag very high too.

sometime around my late 20's it dawned on me how important they were (as adults in a kids world) and how much all their efforts really did for my (our) sport.

Whilst I managed to speak with Mr Noble sometime ago and passed on my thoughts and appreciation one of my regrets is that I never got to pass the same thoughts to Colin Kefford (RIP) before he passed.

As for disliking riders????? cant remember ever disliking anybody I met really, guess I always thought there were too few of us to fall out maybe? 

What did they fine you for Ross?

rosscoe

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2009, 11:57 AM »

What did they fine you for Ross?

I was fined for bringing the sport into disrepute........   >:D

at one of the Nationals (up north somewhere I think) I used a Guana Batz song for my run. The 'f' word appeared in it twice (not particularly clearly I thought).

I received a formal warning (still trying to hunt this down at my mums house as Im sure I still have it) and a fine. If I misbehaved again I was gonna be banned.  :knuppel2: They took my fine off my winnings which left me receiving a cheque for about £1.20  :4_17_5: (which I think I have somewhere too) It was my first winnings...........wooohoooo

unlike todays riders I didnt blow it on the Gumball Rally or an MTV style crib. But did crooze around in a £300 mini clubman........living the dream!!!!   ::)

lodge

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2009, 12:15 PM »
Haha great story Ross.

condor96

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 08:42 AM »
cory nastazio,coarse i still dont like him.  :Aresehole: :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 09:01 AM »

Don't say that, spill the beans, what's the reason??  >:D

Daz.

condor96

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 04:16 PM »

Don't say that, spill the beans, what's the reason??  >:D

Daz.

he was always running his mouth,talking shit,cut in peoples lines,chip on his shoulder,huge attitute,everybody owes him something,cocky,thinks every girl wants him,never nice,better than anybody else etc etc etc. kind of guy that would stomp on flowers and kick puppies.  we almost got into a fight at a contest,he wouldnt stop hitting on my buddies hot girlfriend and i asked him to stop because she and my buddy were getting pisst and nastazio got up in my face. hes been a prick since he was a teenager. i almost pushed him on his bike into a concrete bowl more than once.  :2funny: trust me im not the only one that has rode with him that dont like him......i had to deal with him almost every weekend for about three years :knuppel2:

chrome andy

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 10:03 PM »
my parents, teachers, police, british rail staff, etc
there was enough people i didn't like...so everyone on a bike was cool wiv me

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who didn't you like bitd

gfxgfx
gfx gfx