gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 10:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  INBRED PEGS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INBRED PEGS  (Read 3680 times)

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
INBRED PEGS
« on: December 22, 2008, 08:38 AM »
not sure if anyone will know these as they only came from the shop 4130 for a short while but has anyone ever seen inbred pegs come up for grabs?

they were great  :) :) and from memory were 4 1/2 ", with a scroll line cut in all the way along, i have two sets but im looking for another set

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: INBRED PEGS
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 01:44 PM »
Yeah I know em of course!

Never seen them come up for sale though.  I think they all got ridden to death.

Do you remember my pegs?

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 01:53 PM »
not off the top of my head, were they on your condor'?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 01:55 PM »
Yeah.  sold em through the shop.  Somewhere in between an Inbred and a Standard peg.

Unbelievable how much work went into designing summat as simple as a peg....

One of my little claim to fames,  my pegs were the first ever to be sold as a mixed bag, one 10mm and one 14mm.

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:58 PM »
sweet

i dont suppose u still have any do u? :) :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 02:02 PM »
I only have the four that came off my condor, lying in a box somewhere. They're not in the best shape I'm sure....

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 02:12 PM »
fair paly

im try to sort out a real mid school, rough and ready set up, so was hoping to grab a pair or inbred's, i didnt think it would be this hard to get old pegs lol

i saw your changing your bike soon, what are u going for?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Do you remember the Haro pegs from those years with the locking screw in them to stop em undoing your wheel nuts?

I've got some of them if you're interested?  loads of them around back then.

I've got me an LTF, with some lugged Pitchfork XLTs.  Just waiting on some parts, or more specifically - the money to pay for em!!!

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 02:34 PM »
yes i remeber those pegs, i might take u up on that, as they might do the trick

that is going to be a serious build your putting together there, i was going to put my second NG holmes together as i have all the bits but the one im riding is enough for now, im trying to make a choice between looking for a early mid school rough and ready and trying a new school bike and seeing if i like it. i was looking at a complete but dont want to spend a big chunk of money without having rode one before, so i think its time to look for something second hand that is new school, but stick with the 21" set up  :) :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 02:59 PM »
You won't have any trouble at all with a newschool bike.  They're all pretty good. My only peice of advice would be to buy for strength and reliability, now you're a few years older   ;)

Don't want to be slamming because your kit failed eh?

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 03:08 PM »
sounds like top advice mate

i'll be interested to see your ltf as i had spoken to stody about the s m previously, but they are loads of money, have u seen any of the dirt bike re creations?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 03:20 PM »
I've seen pictures of the (what would you call it?)  re-issued Dirt Bike?  That just looks cool as fcuk.

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 03:25 PM »
maybe thats the way to go, looks like i can get a bit of the mid with some of the advantages of the new, and i can even pull the stickers off and get some holmes stickers on the 21" version lol  :) :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Sounds like a plan!

Another satisfied customer   ;)

PM Stodgy for the best deal in town.

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 03:51 PM »
just got off the phone with him, need to make my colour choices and get it ordered  :) :)

cheers rob

JT71

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Rob: you had your own line of pegs out? sold exclusively in your shop were they? and they were the first ones to come in a 10mm/14mm pair?

how RAD is that.

that's up there with Alex inventing left hand drive.   :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I can't compare anything I did or do to Alex I'm afraid bud. I'm not fit to polish his shoes!!

But yeah, Source 1 pegs were all mine.  Sold 100 pairs in various combinations. They were made from a slightly tougher material than regular mild still (another first at the time), machined from a solid bar (no welds) and had the anti spin mod as standard.

They were made to buy once. Heavy as hell and I never saw a pair back, even the ones sold to street riders.

The next in my line were to be very high carbon steel versions, which could have been made a little lighter, although this wasn't the reason for the material choice; research showed me that they would last a whole lot longer than everyone elses pegs when grinded on concrete specfically. They were a few stainless steel pegs around then, and this was being touted as the stuff to use on concrete.  Wasn't true.  Sure they were harder to cut, drill, machine etc, but they wore out as fast as anything on concrete edges.  High carbon steel is just generally tougher (harder) and would have lasted longer on 'crete.

The original Source 1 peg was chrome, the double hard street version would have been black. If they had proved to be as popular and as reliable as the orginals, then the street peg would have superceded the original to become the one, the only.

Sadly, I never got that far as I needed to part company with the lad I was working with in the shop, before our friendship was jeopardised. So I sold the shop lock, stock and barrel to his father. I retired from riding again a few months later.

Then I met Rom Bloke one morning about 4 years later, and here I am!!  It's all his fault.....  :D ;D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Oh yeah,  belting thread hijack eh??   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 09:41 AM »
i didnt realise the history of your pegs, they sound spot on, especially the carbon steel idea, as even the inbred pegs ate in on concrete, as deomonstrated by my two sets lol

u sure u dont have any sets lying around lol  :) :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 09:55 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

I know I haven't, coz what was left were sold to Triggs dad along with everything else.

Source 1 bar ends were on the cards too, machined from a solid nylon bar. Inspired by the Loophole ones, but with a different fixing system. These never got past prototypes though.  I have a set on my bike right now.

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 09:57 AM »
i didnt realise u and triggs split like that

i havent seen him since just after an accident he had

sounds like i missed a trick with your pegs, maybe its time i just had a set made lol  :) :)

after chatting yesterday a dirt bike might be on the cards, and im blaming u lol  :) :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 10:08 AM »
I've known Trigg a very long time. Watched him grow up really.  I wasn't prepared to let our falling out over the shop ruin a long friendship so I offered him and his dad a few choices, and they took the sensible one.  It's a shame he didnt stick at it though, there's no reason why it couldn't have grown into something special.  Me and Trigg are still mates, everythings cool   :daumenhoch:

The engineer who made my pegs has since retired and sold all his kit   :(

A new Dirt Bike eh?   I'll take the blame for that, I really rather like em  :)

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 10:16 AM »
yes a new dirt bike, spoke to stodgy yesterday and just have a couple of bits to make my mind up on with what way i want to go with it

im hoping the new g sport rachet hub gets here quick then i can do a new school mid recreation and still run the hubs i like without the big gearing

otherwise its 45 16, i guess that will be just a touch more mid  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 10:19 AM »
Funny isn't it, in such a sort time really, how gearing has changed the look of a bike.  44-45s look like fcuking dinner plates now!

SaMAlex

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 10:29 AM »
I've seen pictures of the (what would you call it?)  re-issued Dirt Bike?  That just looks cool as fcuk.

These new dirtbike frames rule. I dont think there is anything retro/mid about them, other than where they are coming from; not silly light, no frills, out and out riding frame. Quite a few of the current S&M team use them.

Im also into the idea of getting one and putting Holmes decals on them. Gotta be yellow with the mk1 'collage font' decals.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  INBRED PEGS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx