gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  profile box cranks spacer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: profile box cranks spacer  (Read 561 times)

Glen

profile box cranks spacer
« on: December 15, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Ive attempted to install the new Profile retro box cranks into a 2008 Skyway TA, but Ive used both supplied tube spacers and theyre both too short.
Ive used a new sealed profile BB and the cups and bearings are installed flush and neatly.  When I install and fasten the arms down, you can hear the spacer moving inside the BB shell and im using the longer silver 53mm spacer.  Now what?  Alans longest are 53mm

fouronethreeoh!

Re: profile box cranks spacer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Could add one of the crank arm spacer/washer things inside the bottom bracket aswell as the tube.
Fiddly as hell i guess, i have made a new spacer before out of an old 7/8 inch seatpost, the profile spindle fits a treat.
Just hacksaw a length off and file down to required length.

fouronethreeoh!

Re: profile box cranks spacer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Its probably more to do with the bb shell width of your frame which is leaving a gap when its all fitted.
Only takes a small gap and it wont tighten up properly, i had this problem with one of my bikes, making a longer tube cured it.
The tube ended up 0.5mm longer than a standard one.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  profile box cranks spacer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx