gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  decals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: decals  (Read 663 times)

bmxbert

decals
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:02 PM »
does anybody have copies or scans of these dirtbike decals....
as far as i can tell they are period correct to the platform dirt bike....
any help would be greatly appreciated...does anyone know of other 91-92-93 dirtbike decals.?

SaMAlex

Re: decals
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:10 PM »
There were about 3 or 4 dirtbike decals from those years, and scans of them are hard to find.

The one with dirt behind the text and a spade on the seat tube
The budwiser one with the red bud shape thing behind the text
The cool one with sculls and stars on the downtube
The mexican "S Y M" decals (cos "Y" is mexican for "&", or so I was told)

Id say those mexican ones were the ones to use on your frame. I had a dirtbike with them on in 93ish.

The only ones I have scans of are the very first dirtbike (89-91) and some of the much later ones (95ish).

Oh, and look at that. The one in your pics has also got a coaster anchor. Its a flat land thing!

bmxbert

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 04:21 PM »
would it have been for coaster breaks or maybe real early coaster hubs needed a mount for something????? im not to up to scratch on the workings of coaster hubs ut i know how the breaks work...
also did your dirt bike with these decals have cards on the toptube or something like that as i can see a decal but cant make it out?

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 04:25 PM »
That card (or whatever it is) is some other sticker, not part of the decals.

Early free coaster hubs were just normal coasters with the brake pads removed, so yes, you did need an anchor for them.

bmxbert

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 04:39 PM »
that must be what its for then :daumenhoch:
i emailed chris moeller in the hope he might be able to help with the decals....long shot i know but worth a try.
i know you wanted decent pics of the haf seat tube and head tube decals so when i recieve the nos one from general lee i'll be able to send you quality coppies.
i was thinking if i trace it out into a black line drawing we could get del to scan them in and they would be the right size. then its just a matter of using a fill button uing the colours from your scans...clever a?

bmxbert

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 11:55 PM »
just bumping this to the top for del to look at :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  decals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx