gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 05:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Mike Aitken Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mike Aitken Update  (Read 3303 times)

reay900tap

Re: Mike Aitken Update
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 02:12 PM »
YEAH RAY. how stupid are you?

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

but that funky little cap will hold your brains in.  :daumenhoch:

Corby today?

mate I wish I could do corby today,but I've got sh*t to get sorted, I'll try and get sorted for the next session :daumenhoch: keep me posted on gmail brv

Midlife!

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 06:30 PM »
I know mate, it's a fair point.  Trouble is, I think that pisspots transmit more shock than they absorb.  I may well be wrong now, I know they're being developed all the time.

You are wrong mate.

If I did not have my 'piss pot' on first week back into BMX I would have left some of my skull on the crete floor at Higgs when all I did was drop in.

I hit the floor hard with my head and as it was sliding along the floor I was thinking how fortunate I was to have picked it up earlier that week. Not even a headache.

I've had around 30 stitches in my head over the years and I reckon it would have been at least 10 more for the collection  ::)

As it is, only my lid shows the battle scar, and I can buy a new one of them  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 02:17 PM »
I know mate, it's a fair point.  Trouble is, I think that pisspots transmit more shock than they absorb.  I may well be wrong now, I know they're being developed all the time.

You are wrong mate.

If I did not have my 'piss pot' on first week back into BMX I would have left some of my skull on the crete floor at Higgs when all I did was drop in.

I hit the floor hard with my head and as it was sliding along the floor I was thinking how fortunate I was to have picked it up earlier that week. Not even a headache.

I've had around 30 stitches in my head over the years and I reckon it would have been at least 10 more for the collection  ::)

As it is, only my lid shows the battle scar, and I can buy a new one of them  :daumenhoch:

that was nasty...i thought you'd done some damage even with your lid on.  :daumenhoch:

but now you are a master of the 'crete.

RADHAB

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 02:29 PM »
Great news about Mike. :daumenhoch:

And the great crash helmet debate carries on..........In competition, headprotection should be worn whether thats full face or p1sspot thats up to the individual........and that my fellow radsters is how its been for 25years!

You'll all be saying that we should wear rigid carbon kevlar composite body armour and steel toe cap boots and not jump anything over 24 inches or ride any ramps over he height of 365 cms!!!!! the reason this country is so fcuked is because of bl00dy people who take away people freedom of choice! let people ride how they want to ride and wear what they want to wear, if everytime someone has an accident and breaks a bone we then decide they werent wearing the correct safety gear this sport would turn to sh1t again.....remember the BFA??? yep, just a memory now.....THANK god!

Mike and all the other guys we here about are all professionals and fully understand the risks they take, as we all do the minute we put foot to pedal, thats the way the cookie crumbles guys and gals.

Midlife!

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 07:43 PM »
Great news about Mike. :daumenhoch:

And the great crash helmet debate carries on..........In competition, headprotection should be worn whether thats full face or p1sspot thats up to the individual........and that my fellow radsters is how its been for 25years!

You'll all be saying that we should wear rigid carbon kevlar composite body armour and steel toe cap boots and not jump anything over 24 inches or ride any ramps over he height of 365 cms!!!!! the reason this country is so fcuked is because of bl00dy people who take away people freedom of choice! let people ride how they want to ride and wear what they want to wear, if everytime someone has an accident and breaks a bone we then decide they werent wearing the correct safety gear this sport would turn to sh1t again.....remember the BFA??? yep, just a memory now.....THANK god!

Mike and all the other guys we here about are all professionals and fully understand the risks they take, as we all do the minute we put foot to pedal, thats the way the cookie crumbles guys and gals.

I am God to my kids cos they are young and they are proud to wear their lids even when outside the front of the house!

As they get older I will look way uncool and they will look up to the pros. I could not give a fukin monkeys about freedom or crumbling cookies when it comes to them giving themselves a better chance of avoiding brain damage in the inevitable spills of any extreme type of sport. I do not want them to not enjoy the cooler things in life but just use some precaution.

My job as a father would be made much easier if those people who are paid to make vids etc. took some time to think about the influence they have on the up and coming. If anyone thinks that all pros wearing lids would not have an influence on the kids riding now then they are seriously underestimating how fashion led BMX has become. Probably good money to be made in signature lids too.

It won't happen though. So I will keep praising my boys for grabbing that lid without prompting before they even grab their bikes.

CONFESSION - when not with the boys and in the street I do not wear a lid! Why? - well, it's just not cool is it  :uglystupid2: (as if a bald 39 year old on a kids bike is LOL)

It could be cool to wear a helmet though. Until then I am as big a twat as the next man.

Sorry - rant over dudes. Peace to all  :)

RADHAB

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Good for you Pal...............Its all about freedom of choice and i'm glad you conscribe to it :daumenhoch:

macky

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 09:52 AM »

Great new about Mike Aitken!!

If all the top pro's started wearing full face helmets... all the kids would follow!!

and the X games showing the street contest were NO-ONE wore helmets was just irresponsible!!

the amount of kids who would have watched that and followed suit!!

You'll see more riders in full face helmets soon!!

Longun

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I don't wear a lid, not because it ain't cool, or people may take the pizz but because it puts me off and cause's me to fall, I find them very very irritating, infact so much so I avoid going to parks wear you have to have them.. most people I ride with give me sh*t for not wearing one, so I'm not to sure about it being 'not cool'.. I think lazyness comes into it more...

I can totally understand that. The only time I ever used to wear a lid bitd was at race meetings and it always felt horrible and had a detrimental effect on my riding. As a result I still rarely wear a helmet irrespective of what bike I'm riding (inc commuting across London). If people want to wear them great but I'm not going to start wearing one now unless I feel that I'm putting myself in a position where it might help (riding Saffy being a good example)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Mike Aitken Update

gfxgfx
gfx gfx