gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 05:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Torker Freestylist on flebay whats it worth?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Torker Freestylist on flebay whats it worth?  (Read 21099 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Torker Freestylist on flebay whats it worth?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08 AM »
Somewhere I have a set of original downtube decals that I now no longer need.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 12:10 AM »
Somewhere I have a set of original downtube decals that I now no longer need.  :daumenhoch:

Which ones? I think they did a few different versions in different colours.

WizardWeb

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 02:56 PM »
You guys seen that Woody Itson recently rebuilt Martin Aparijo's prototypes?

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index.php'showtopic=27040810

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 04:11 PM »
You guys seen that Woody Itson recently rebuilt Martin Aparijo's prototypes?

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index.php'showtopic=27040810

Thanks for the link but have seen them on OS-BMX - they're the bollox, that's for sure  :daumenhoch:

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 06:10 PM »

fancy scanning them Simon?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 07:17 PM »
No.

But I'll send it to you for you to do it if you like.  ;)

Give me a while though. I'm in the middle of getting the new shop open for buiness and it's pretty full on. I've also just had to move all my stuff from one shop to another and I now have a room full of boxes of BMX parts so I have to go through them and find them.

I also have a Race Inc decal I'd need you to do for the bars I'm having rechromed.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Del,  I'll try and get some good pictures of mine tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to remove them yet, but if I do, I'll see if I can get them scanned as well  :daumenhoch:

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 09:03 AM »
No.

But I'll send it to you for you to do it if you like.  ;)

Give me a while though. I'm in the middle of getting the new shop open for buiness and it's pretty full on. I've also just had to move all my stuff from one shop to another and I now have a room full of boxes of BMX parts so I have to go through them and find them.

I also have a Race Inc decal I'd need you to do for the bars I'm having rechromed.

Nice one Simon,

Del,  I'll try and get some good pictures of mine tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to remove them yet, but if I do, I'll see if I can get them scanned as well  :daumenhoch:

Cheers P

Rad Robbo

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 08:08 PM »
If these ever get done, can you count me in for a set please. I have a NOS frame and proper forks but stickers look a bit aged even though its been in its box! :-\ Happy to pay through Paypal. :daumenhoch:

Rad Robbo

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Were these frames sold without forks? Most builds seem to have 5 inch Landing Gear replica's. :idiot2:
Is there time frames for different sticker sets ?

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I have a feeling that when Torker went under, they had a load of frames made, but no forks (probably from asia) and I think Alans bought them, or at least a job lot of them.

The different sticker sets were available from the beginning and I think there might have been a lime green colour as well, but never seen one that colour.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46 PM »
I have found the frame decal Del. PM me your address and I'll send it out to you.

Couldn't find the Race Inc Decal though for my bars.  :'(

Rad Robbo

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Thanks Moose, seems to clear things up abit. Is there rarity value for resale if they are complete in your opinion? Or just worth holding onto as the last freestyle frames Torker USA made? :'(

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Thanks Moose, seems to clear things up abit. Is there rarity value for resale if they are complete in your opinion? Or just worth holding onto as the last freestyle frames Torker USA made? :'(

Personally, I think there is a rarity value if they are complete with forks, but I don't think there are many collectors who will pay it, due in part of the abundance of frames available (sometimes having the proper forks doesn't matter to some).

Having said that, I'd keep it ( like I have done mine)  :daumenhoch:

Rad Robbo

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 05:58 PM »
I know what you are saying :daumenhoch: I guess demand may increase now that Mr Itson has restored Mr Aparijo's prototype.

The trouble with NOS is that it can only be NOS once and if you build it , its only ever USED! :(

Rad Robbo

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Just took a picture of the frames and forks, I guess my fork stickers are the same as yours, but the frame ones are the same as all the others.
My set up is identical to the stickers fitted to Vestan Pance. How high is the frame no on yours Moose?  Mine is in the very early 1--.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2010, 09:43 PM »
Did you buy that of ebay ? A guy called Alan in St Helens ?
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 08:14 AM »
Just took a picture of the frames and forks, I guess my fork stickers are the same as yours, but the frame ones are the same as all the others.
My set up is identical to the stickers fitted to Vestan Pance. How high is the frame no on yours Moose?  Mine is in the very early 1--.

Very nice  :smitten:   Mine doesn't have a frame number, I presume that those without were made overseas (asia). There is a magazine piece that says from launch they would be available with different sticker combinations so I don't think they're important.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 09:17 AM »

That is lovely, great F&F's, seen one on ebay with the box recently, i'm guessing it was that one. I was very tempted to bid, but had to say NO to myself ;D.

Are you gonna build it Rob ????

Rad Robbo

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 02:56 PM »
 Thanks Moose that explains the sticker details so this set is US built. :) In answer to CrazyPaving, no it didn't come from Alan.

Jay , as you know I've had some good offers for the Free Agent the last at 8K which are becoing very tempting! So a new project would make it easier to part with it.
I built and just sold a 85 Haro Sport for my partner which would have been handy for some parts

:-X

The trouble is it just seems too good to build, its getting harder to get anything US built frame and forks wise so I'm a bit undecided :idiot2: Its also hard now to get any parts for another build at  sensible prices. Whilst I don't mind paying through the nose for something that I really need/want (Hadley for the Free Agent) I am finding it hard to pay the prices for what was once the norm in parts i.e. MX1000 Redline Flights,etc. So with the Sport gone the only parts that I have left is a pair of black comp ST 's and another set of VDC Itson bars! This could become an expensive project and we are still in a recession :uglystupid2:
So I may just put it away for the time being or maybe part with it and then its not me that has spoilt another NOS frameset. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Sorry if I went off Topic, but if the sticker sets come avaliable I would still take them.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I wouldn't build it - then you wouldn't need those Itson bars so you could sell them to me for my Freestylist (luckily they're the perfect bar for the Torker)  :LolLolLolLol:

Rad Robbo

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12 PM »
That's what I love about RAD members you are all just so helpfull :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 03:28 PM »
That's what I love about RAD members you are all just so helpfull :LolLolLolLol:

We aim to please  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 12:42 AM »
My downtube decals are totally different to those.

I'll be sending them off to Del this week so he'll hopefully be able to knock up some reproductions of them should anyone need a set.

Rad Robbo

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, I guess its time to start sending nice messages to Del :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Torker Freestylist on flebay whats it worth?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx