gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 08:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  advice ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: advice ???  (Read 1365 times)

Flaz

advice ???
« on: January 23, 2006, 05:36 PM »
right this is what i want, but are they any good? can i get more for my money with another brand? i've got a shite seen better days hoffman at the mo with a crap brake but its done its job in the fact that i like to ride new school now i feel more in control than with my old school so i know its the way forward,  i can get one for 400 spanking am i paying for the name? could i get better 4 for less?

(but i really am loving the colour scheme)  

weston

Re: advice ???
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 05:45 PM »
it is worth the money but at the end of the day its what you feel best riding, b0llocks to what people think, ride what feels good, if it doesnt you will slow your progress down as a rider & theres more chance of falling off & hurting yourself, the best bike ive rode in years is the new diamondback, i know they have a bad name now but it feels good to ride & the spec is quality...

Flaz

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 07:14 PM »
cheers what ive found is that my old school is to light and wobbly the hoffman ive got at the mo is to heavy and has been bashed about out by a rider who has taken it to its limits or a shite rider who stacked it a lot (it makes creaky noises like an old jalopy) basically im buying a new becuase im to lazy to rebuild the hoffman and i want it before friday, now i dont no any bike shop thats gonna let me test drive bikes till i find the bike that best suits me so i ve got to buy one blind and at the same time i dont just wanna buy cheap low end if in six mnths im snapping stuff and bits all falling off i also dont wanna just spend alot for the sake of it  ive got my buget but if there is the same sought of spec bike as the haro 100 less then i would be silly not to go down that route the only thing is i dont know? can any one help

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 07:43 PM »
Flaz why don`t you go to bones and have a go of some of the new school bikes there instead of rushing into a purchase just to take there and regreting it later.

There will be plenty of events at skateparks this year so you wont be missing out by waiting untill after Friday. All the guys off the site will have plenty of advice, and plenty of different bikes and set-ups too, and if you offer to bum them they`ll let you have ago on there bikes  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 07:51 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

gmac

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 07:46 PM »
if you offer to bum them they`ll let you have ago on there bikes  :LolLolLolLol:

:2funny:

Flaz

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Impatient, spoilt, i was the sort of kid who had to have straight away but if theres some bumming up for grabs i might just wait  :-*

Flaz

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 08:25 PM »
you coming bill what bike you got?  :buck2:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 08:30 PM »
flaz....i have the 2004 mirra...which is the exact same frame, same geometry, just a different colour...have a rip round on mine and see what you think...bring a 6mm allen key tho as i have my bars set 'forward'.
no probs

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 08:37 PM »
you coming bill what bike you got?  :buck2:

Not coming to this one as its a bit of struggle to get up there in time on a Friday.

I`m riding a Proper Proclaimer, which is a f/f and custom build on parts, just wish I was as good as the bike  :crazy2:

silentpartner

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 08:38 PM »
'' i have my bars set forward'', once an old schooler, always an old schooler  ;D ;D ;D ;D

rom_kid_04

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 08:44 PM »
mirras rule

Flaz

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 08:53 PM »
flaz....i have the 2004 mirra...which is the exact same frame, same geometry, just a different colour...have a rip round on mine and see what you think...bring a 6mm allen key tho as i have my bars set 'forward'.
no probs

Dave
cool will do then "I KNOW IT MAKES SENSE"

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Why don't you PM Motomag II as he was selling a Mirra 540. I know it's a beauty as I just sold it to him and it's a great bike. Cheaper than new as well.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Because I think his mate Jimwise68 already has  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  advice ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx