gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Anodising - Essex area
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anodising - Essex area  (Read 1175 times)

S1

Anodising - Essex area
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:40 AM »
Can anyone recommend a GOOD anodiser in Essex, nearer to Chelmsford area the better!

Also what sort of moolah should i be paying to get a seatclamp, headset cups, stem, set of brakes and levers stripped of current colour and redone?

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Anodising - Essex area
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:07 PM »
theres one in basildon that i know off .will have to get the addy and phone no tomorow when im passing tho
and one near superbikedan in dagenham

S1

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Thanks mate,. Has anyone you know used them?

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 01:53 PM »
these look good - im sending off some stuff soon =- i know a number of radsters have used them

www.customcolouranodising.co.uk

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 01:55 PM »

Cool. I may have to drop a headset up to you mate to do... want it blue  ;)

these look good - im sending off some stuff soon =- i know a number of radsters have used them

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 02:02 PM »

Cool. I may have to drop a headset up to you mate to do... want it blue  ;)

please feel free to do so - probably get a better price for a few items.  im getting some cranks done. (err NS ones)

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 01:10 PM »
You may get a no no on the headset. I don't know about the alloy hatta's but the tange 125 has a steel bearing race in the cup. I don't know how difficult they are to remove but if you can't get it out, you can't have it annoed. The steel will just perish in the process. If you send it to paul at custom he will explain all this to you. Also the red, silver, gold and black are all cock on but blue is no where near the blue from bitd. I went to custom a few week ago to take some bits and have a chinwag with paul. He explained about how some of the stuff from bitd had better alloy than others and is more receptive to anno giving a better finish. The blue rims he does seem to come up the doggy's danglers but the brakes and stems are not that close. As i said the other colours come out great. While i was there he showed me this red suntour power stem he was about to send out. The red looks  :smitten:  The blue turns out rather flat looking and doesn't have that coloured metallicy tint.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Anodising - Essex area

gfxgfx
gfx gfx