gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help with my first (BMX) build of Ammaco Team Sprint - any help appreciated !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help with my first (BMX) build of Ammaco Team Sprint - any help appreciated !  (Read 25684 times)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
yeh, front brake cable....and a few bits and bats and where there.  Was hoping to have a bit of time at the weekend...unless I get my lard ass out riding (like I should be doing)...

Pray for rain and build the bike  :daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
It's all gone a bit quiet Si - what's happenin with the build  ???

:LolLolLolLol:

simonm

Away in Denmark at moment till Friday... Cut the forks down, fitted them at the weekend, brakes fitted, considered how to polish sides of arraya rims, ordered polishing kit, considered how to get stooopid BB in to frame - left BB cups in Fridge on Sunday and forgot about them (still there now)...  Got mind set on riding my DH bike at weekend so this could be a slooooowww process !

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Away in Denmark at moment till Friday... Cut the forks down, fitted them at the weekend, brakes fitted, considered how to polish sides of arraya rims, ordered polishing kit, considered how to get stooopid BB in to frame - left BB cups in Fridge on Sunday and forgot about them (still there now)...  Got mind set on riding my DH bike at weekend so this could be a slooooowww process !

LMAO  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
considered how to polish sides of arraya rims, ordered polishing kit

Si

Go to B&Q and buy yourself a cheap detail sander then use 180 grade then 240 paper on the rims. Bingo, job done in 10 mins fella :daumenhoch:

Spen
Still limping......

simonm

thanks Spen.

simonm

Had a go at one side of the rims. Sanded down with 80...then 280.. then polished with a kit off ebay. Not convinced I have the right compound, and the kit was dremmel type pads which I don;t think give good corage over the rim.. anyone and ideas ?  From a distance there..ok... close up there patchy.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:57 PM by simonm »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
They look like they're getting there mate but a bit more elbow grease for that gleaming finish i reckon  :-\

The guy who does all the alloy polishing restoration stuff over on vintagebmx.com (i forget his name) swears by a mouse palm sander - there is a whole big thread on there about it in the tech n resto area  - worth a read i would say Si  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:05 PM by bobafett »

bmxbob

Keep rubbin  :D

simonm

ahhh, more effort required !  cheers though, mouse sander makes sense, good size for the rims.  Anyone else have on of the ebay kits ? there is  blue block of polish type stuff, when you use it though the rim goes black, then you have to buff it off with another pad... does that all sound right ?

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Haven't seen that stuff Si - good old fashioned autosol is all you need i reckon  ;)

simonm

Work in progress. Sussed the rims, came down to good prep, 80 grade, 260, 800 the buffing for ages with two grades of polsiher. look good now.

bmxbob

Looks great mate

keep up the good work  :daumenhoch:

Bob  8)

simonm

ta...the pads make it really.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Nice one Si - she's comin together nice  :coolsmiley:

I see you went with the blue bars ?

simonm

yeh, put them on at the moment, not had chance to clear up the silver  ones yet.. Spent ages shining my rims  :buck2: 

Going to build it all up, if there is too much blue then I'll go with the silver.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Either way mate i think she'll look nice  :daumenhoch:

simonm

Got the buy on Ebay to make up Ammaco stickers to go on my Dia Compe copies... look good.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Got the buy on Ebay to make up Ammaco stickers to go on my Dia Compe copies... look good.

Was that "cbrgil" AKA mark then Si ?  Top bloke  :daumenhoch:

simonm

yup  ;)

simonm

mmm, came to stickin the seatpost on and I've got the wrong size clamp... anyone know the correct size for an ammaco ?

t.a

simonm

Must finish this off.  Still got to get a 1" seatpost and a  1 1/8" clamp..  that size though strikes me as more new than the 1985/86 frame... is it an old standard ?

simonm

arghh !  I will finish this one day.. got a 25.4 post and... its about 2mm too tight.. what is it with this frame........

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Some of the Ammaco fans on here should be able to point you in the right direction Si - but if not just use the post that's too thin and get a little shim made up  ;)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Cannot see any of the photo's in this thread  :(
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help with my first (BMX) build of Ammaco Team Sprint - any help appreciated !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx