gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What's your bag? Riding? Show builds? or Both?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What's your bag? Riding? Show builds? or Both?  (Read 1940 times)

mark 2

Re: What's your bag? Riding? Show builds? or Both?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 06:13 PM »
I'm with Stidds, gets on my tits when people slate the collectors.

That is because you love me Mark and want some man loving!!!!  :-*  :LolLolLolLol:

can't hide nothing around here.... :-\

cherrypicker

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 06:17 PM »
I come from the coast and got mates that surf. They say it never leaves you and no matter where life takes them, they'll always be surfers. I guess it's the same for us. When bmx arrived here it was such a massive thing for a lot of us that we'll never stop appreciating it. Like many others, I wanted to build the bike I rode and loved back in 84. I found Scott Richards and got a TRM from him. He introduced me to RAD and I couldn't believe my luck. I've built 9 bikes since getting on here, mostly show ponies. I ride two of them and it's about oldschool freestyle for me (because I can't do anything else!). I've spent a fortune and I hold you all persnally responsible  ;)

reay900tap

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2008, 06:52 PM »

For me its riding, and always will be :daumenhoch:
I have built one true show bike (all be it NS) but when it came down to the crunch after breaking my daily riders crank arm, out it came to replace the daily, I did how ever promise myself that I would restore to how it was when I do get round to building a replacment daily..

I really love seeing the old school show bikes, I think their amazing, & in my book anything thats taken time, effort, thought and love to build, deserves respect!!
regardless of money spent!

lets be honest, whether you build them or ride them or both, its the people who don't understand it that should think were all sad, not us....
I see no real need for us to look in at our own community and cast opions on whats cool and whats not...

BMX forever!!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 06:58 PM »

For me its riding, and always will be :daumenhoch:
I have built one true show bike (all be it NS) but when it came down to the crunch after breaking my daily riders crank arm, out it came to replace the daily, I did how ever promise myself that I would restore to how it was when I do get round to building a replacment daily..

I really love seeing the old school show bikes, I think their amazing, & in my book anything thats taken time, effort, thought and love to build, deserves respect!!
regardless of money spent!

lets be honest, whether you build them or ride them or both, its the people who don't understand it that should think were all sad, not us....
I see no real need for us to look in at our own community and cast opions on whats cool and whats not...

BMX forever!!

:daumenhoch:

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 07:06 PM »
I ride from time to time, love it too. Even though im doing the same old tricks I was doing ten years ago. I build the odd show bike too, though mostly ride more than I build. Its all good though!
Ive even built a new school bike for show - how nuts is that?!

JT71

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 07:18 PM »
yes Steve nuts.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

ps: will everyone lighten up, i was only trying to find out what everyone was CURRENTLY into and if the economic climate has changed what you do, and maybe open up a bit of a debate.

Broggie

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 08:35 PM »
I collect bikes, either old school or retros, I ride them, cant do any tricks as I wasnt into bmx bitd and so never learned.  I like bmx bikes pure and simple, though I tend to prefer OS simply for the colour schemes.
Eventually I will build a NS custom and will ride that too.  I go cruising on bmx as its kind of cool and gives me a bit of exercise.

I still havent a clue why I bought so many bmx's though  :idiot2:

Ray.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 08:53 PM »
i build bikes to use n abuse :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 06:54 AM »
I enjoy it all providing there is bumming involved
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 07:29 AM »
try to build o/s :LolLolLolLol: then just cruise and roll around on em :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 08:31 AM »
I enjoy it all providing there is bumming involved

that's the spirit.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Although i can apprieciate and drool over full on 'carpet queen' show builds, i cant afford or justify paying top whack for rare parts cos i like to ride mine.... old and new...

Gen1 with some good bits and some cheap bits, just like my bikes were bitd, and it gets the odd night out at the skatepark...

Any excuse for a pic...  :P

Used and abused new schooler...

Collecting or riding, its all cool as fcuk...  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Building O/S for me then bombing about on them for a bit before i retire them to my Dungeon for looking at.

Had a new school race bike which for some reason i couldn't stay on , its now departed to the Midlands for pure abuse from a fellow RAD member.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Sean 2000

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 09:12 PM »
I love everything about BMX, it is a major part of my life.  :smitten:

For me though its all about riding, cant get enough of it. Especially Charlton spine ramp.  :daumenhoch:

I think most of the OS builds are absolutely gorgeous,
and if i had found this place sooner than 18 months ago i would probably have a Gen1 Haro sitting in me garage right now......just for old times sake.  :daumenhoch:
I cant justify spending over a grand for a "momento", but i think its great that others do. Long may it continue?

And it doesn't have to be Old Skool to be gorgeous anyway ;)

Sean.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 08:07 AM »
you can't beat a raw Proclaimer!  still one of THE best raw frames out there! 

(not biased at all you understand)  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What's your bag? Riding? Show builds? or Both?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx