gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M a tough sell??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M a tough sell??  (Read 965 times)

Miko

S&M a tough sell??
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:44 PM »
So I've been trying to sell my Purple Dirt Bike for a while now.  I feel it's reasonably price, but no one stateside looks twice if it's not a Haro or a Hutch.  Do you guys across the pond have the same thing going on??

SaMAlex

Re: S&M a tough sell??
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 02:48 PM »
They sure dont go for 80s Haro/Hutch prices, but isnt that part of what makes S&M collecting so much better ? ???

(and the fact that the bikes are rideable, tell more of a story, look better, have more soul ..... )
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:14 PM by S&MAlex »

subversion

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41 PM »
more soul!

/>
 :LolLolLolLol:

condor96

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:47 PM »
yeah s+ms (and all hardcore 90s bikes) have much more soul,more rideable etc etc. sorry to say to the 80s guys but me personally i cant even get within ten feet of any 80s bike without them breaking. i was snapping forks and shearing off dropouts............when i was 9.   dont know about prices on them tho,i prefer mid school as the bikes had so much more personallity than old school or new school bikes. much more......tough/gangster??  80s bike=easy to break with pastel colors,new school= light weight everything black bikes that are boring to look at,they all look the same.    maybe just me.........? :rant:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 04:07 PM »
over here there seems to be a midschool s&m revival at the moment, theres been quite a few new members and some old ones wanting or already owing and wishing to expand thier  midschool s&m frame collections, i know what u mean about 80's bikes, even though i rode them back in 91/92 they just dont have the same appeal to me as 90's bikes, 80's bikes conjour up images of corprate bike companies, team uniforms and general cheesyness, where as midschool was all about rider owned companies, going out having fun riding your bike and not caring what people thought about u or what bike u rode just the fact u rode :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

how much are you trying to sell the dirtbike for and also any pics of it?

Miko

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Trust me, I get the allure of mid-school.  Looptails suck, I went through Gooses like mad in the late-80's.  I wasn't even much of a rider.  Things changed in 91-92 and I was receptive.  Grunge, punk and S&M's.  Such awesome times.  I have 5 Dirt Bikes and 2 Holmes, all 1".  If it doesn't sell in the next day or two, I'll just keep holding onto it.  I'll sell some audio recording gear instead.  Anyone need a racked pair of vintage Melcor mic preamps???   :uglystupid2:

Oh and kev.  I haven't yet made a monetary contribution to this site.  So, I'm not going to post a for sale ad here.  But I will post a link that illustrates my point.  :idiot2:

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=86282

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 08:09 PM »
im very surprised u still have it considering its all original paint and stickers and u only want that much for it, thats what i paid for my chrome 94 dirtbike which was a good price, why not pay the supporter fee and advertise it on here im sure it would be snapped up for the price u want + the shipping costs

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 08:49 PM »
i really fancied that dirtbike (sorted with f/f now ::)) and the price was a lot lower than i thought it should be as its non canti n threaded isnt it? nice f/f :daumenhoch:

bmxbert

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 09:15 PM »
are 1"holmes non canti hard to find to? just asking as ive just bought 1 from the states but didnt really think that u brakes an threaded forks would be rare.did they change to os headtube short after 990 mounts? if so touch for me

Miko

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 12:53 AM »
990 mounts were an option as far back as '92.  By 1994 they were a standard, cataloged feature.  So it's rare to find a Dirt Bike or Holmes this late without them.  I have 3 Dirtbikes without, 1 Dirt Bike and 2 Holmes with.

bmxbert

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 01:07 AM »
thanks i think i got that.i have 2 holmes 1 1" and a 1.1/8. also a dirt bike 1.1/8 and a 1" heavy as in chrome. all have 990 mounts. i have a few other bikes to but i am agetting a bit greedy :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M a tough sell??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx