gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 12:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  harvington raiders
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: harvington raiders  (Read 2581 times)

darren

harvington raiders
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:55 PM »
anyone know where this track was ? i seem to remember racing there once a ukbmx region 9 regional, any pics or vids of track anyone??

moomin

Re: harvington raiders
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:25 PM »
My 1st Club  :smitten:

Cant remember the name of the park but the track was a bowl whithin a bowl :daumenhoch:

1st electronic gate as well if i'm right  8)

Where's spillers when you need him, i'm far too young to remember it all  :LolLolLolLol:

spillers#1

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Harvington super bowl was located in beckenham kent,in between beckenham and west wickham.

Home to gossa (clive gosling) wayne and gary llewelyn,charlie reynolds,karen murphy and a host of other very talented riders including me  ::)  :LolLolLolLol: gossa put up some good pics a while back.

I've still got my last club membership card,used to live at the place when not racing elsewhere  :smitten:

wolfybmx

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 03:48 PM »
this is a pic of the said track....note me jumping the doubles and the guy standing to the right of the gate in the background with the pink top is our very own jason harvey :daumenhoch: also if you look very closely the guy leaning against the fence in the fox factor kit (mt racing) again to the right of the pic  rod who has recently started posting on here. god im sounding like david (the bible) glendower with all these facts :idiot2:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:57 PM by wolfy@tibbscyclestore »

mr.magoo

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 04:17 PM »
also see one of the Renham lads half way down the starthill, and is that Sam Jarvis behind you in the goose gear?

what year was that Phill? I only raced there once, SE regional in 85 (I think). But loved them doubles perfect for table tops :4_17_5:

Didn't like the step up though, after falling off on it leading Wayne Llewellyn, in the final, on home soil :'(

spillers#1

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:07 PM »
Niel it was most prob july 7th 1985  :daumenhoch: wayne was 1st lee gregory 2nd and darren brayshaw 3rd  :daumenhoch: sh*t now i sound like glendower  :LolLolLolLol: you got 3rd in the 14-15 year cruisers behind simon horton and clive gosling  ;)

Jason harvey got 5th in the superclass behind nic preece,martin jose,chris simmons and gary Llewellyn.

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 02:39 AM »
Oh Dear, I am getting old, i only remember racing cruiser once, at folkestone, where i put my foot through Simon Hortons front wheel and fractured my ankle when it hit the forks, stopping him and sending him over the bars.

Other thing that means was on that day I was still racing for Fox Factory then, cos it was Ralph's cruiser i would have been using.

Great info there, bringing back memories.

xtremepervert

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Wolfy are those balloons strapped to your back to keep you in the air so it looks like you can jump  :LolLolLolLol:

wolfybmx

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Wolfy are those balloons strapped to your back to keep you in the air so it looks like you can jump  :LolLolLolLol:

i won't go down to your level and respond to this or shall i........ummmm 3rd at the south champs aint a bad result for some one who cant jump matey :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I'd bash the balloons out next year then Phil, you might get 2nd.  :LolLolLolLol:

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I remember the track well. Know i came away with a trophy as i still had it up and till a little while ago ,small and blue.
Charley Renolds use to 360 the whoops who was a hero to me & insired me to do the same at home track with bad consequences.
That really hurt but did pull it off in the end.

oldmankev

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Phil remind Mr G of your Nat Rank as well, it was funny though.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  harvington raiders

gfxgfx
gfx gfx