gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  87 Haro Group 1 finished...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 87 Haro Group 1 finished...  (Read 740 times)

shawn o

87 Haro Group 1 finished...
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:07 PM »
Figured I'd post this here as well since I've been checking out the forums here more and more!

Had to do a race bike. I had one of these right before I got my license at 16 and put the bikes away for the most part.

The frame/fork are an 87 RS2 vintage and thats more or less how I build it up. Tires are Tioga Comps instead of the factory Cheng Shins. I still need a white "Group 1" labeled Dominator seat...Peregrine cranks are RS1 spec from the same year.

Everything on the bike is NOS other than the bars (thanks orangecobrarob)  stem, seatpost clamp, and cranks (thanks redline-fanatic)! The crank arms were re-chromed and the seatpost clamp polished. Same thing for the stem bottom half. I had Chip at C4 paint the stemtop for me along with the bars.

The pedals were NOS pink and I had Chip do those for me as well.

Thanks to Louis (ultahive) for the spot on bar decal too! And the matching crankarm decals come courtest of Joe6187 all the way from Hong Kong.

Big props to Dom for helping me get this frame and fork over from the UK!!!

Just went and weighed it and it tips the scales at 26.8 lbs as it sits.

I'll put some numbers and other stickers on the plate as soon as I get a number #7 I'm looking for. I might change out the chainring for a Peregrine CD one as soon as I get a blue/black decal from Louis.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: 87 Haro Group 1 finished...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Looks very well done Shawn , top work  ;) :4_17_5:

chris miller

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:43 AM »
very nice ride did you get the frame from new or did you restore it

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Group ones look mint, should have bought Maddogs

magna13

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:27 AM »
wow, wish i had bought one when i had the chance, people say they dont ride good but if its speced up like this guys i bets it rides bloody awesome!... :-\ :-\

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01 PM »
very nice ride did you get the frame from new or did you restore it

Alans had a load of NOS ones left some time back , not sure now though .

shawn o

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 03:57 PM »
I bought it from another member here after trying to get one from Alans and waiting forever, only to have them tell me I'm SOL! Dom shipped it over here to the USA.  It rides great!

Tony 1-4

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Got to agrre with the man. I have just come back into racing after 25 years and didn't want to spend big bucks on a bike just in case. I recently bought a red & black Haro Group 1 RS2. for £150. Its nothing special, in fact it has got a standard one piece crank, black copy tuffs that are about 30 quid a pair from Alans (in fact the bloke who sold it to me bought the whole kit from Alans and built it up himself).

Now I am  5' 11" and 17 stone and this bike has done me proud. I seem to be doing really well on it (apart from when 796 decided to have me off!!!!)

Have put a set of GT pro bars on it and have just ordered a set of tuffs from USA and can't wait for them to arrive.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  87 Haro Group 1 finished...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx