gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Guisborough BMX track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Guisborough BMX track  (Read 13896 times)

paulgray

Guisborough BMX track
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Has anyone got pictures from the old Guisborough track at Margrove  Park. If you have then get em posted here please  ;)

For more North East tracks see BigPlinkys thread here -> http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=72968.0

Here,s an old video for those who haven't seen it before.

Adam Foster, magra 82/83
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:49 PM by paulgray »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Guisborough BMX track
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Mad video paul & pretty early too ! , thanks for posting  :daumenhoch:

That Matthew Kelly's a funny one !  :D

paulgray

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Mad video paul & pretty early too ! , thanks for posting  :daumenhoch:

That Matthew Kelly's a funny one !  :D

Guisborough was where me and my mates started racing but we hardly have any pics of the place  :( so the video is great. How times have changed. If I was Tuck I would a been outta there like a rocket as soon as the camera stopped rolling.  :LolLolLolLol:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 08:59 PM »
ace video paul

i was  rereading the 1st 5 action bikes for the millionth time last night
with Tuck in a few of them

paulgray

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 09:03 PM »
ace video paul

i was  rereading the 1st 5 action bikes for the millionth time last night
with Tuck in a few of them

I used to have loads of mags, UK and US, think me mother must have chucked em sometime  :'(

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 11:49 PM »
that was the first track i went round before they built the berms up like in the video.my god father lived next door to the tucker family in guisborough and i borrowed some videos bitd.

Twatty

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 12:36 AM »
I just watched that. The opening shot i remembered nothing, but then as soon as the backing track started I knew every word. I had that on the VHS Tape I used to use to tape BMX everytime that I heard it was going to be on TV, used to watch it again, and again, and again, etc. That was probably the 1st or 2nd bit on it. Nice one...

aditup 2234

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 04:40 PM »
I just watched that. The opening shot i remembered nothing, but then as soon as the backing track started I knew every word. I had that on the VHS Tape I used to use to tape BMX everytime that I heard it was going to be on TV, used to watch it again, and again, and again, etc. That was probably the 1st or 2nd bit on it. Nice one...

My brother and I did exactly the same thing, then we lent it to Nige Hutton (name and shame) and his mother taped fooking DALLAS over it!
We were devastated.
I would kill that JR if it would get me that tape back.
Ad  :-X

paulgray

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:38 PM »
1982, Nige Hutton 188, wanted dead or alive by Aditup (the bikeless spectator) for crimes against BMX videos  :laugh:

I spy a Grifter.

Nige again, first jump.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:49 PM by paulgray »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Great pics, I remember going to Guisy track in the back of the Church Street Cycles van...  can't remember who it was, but one of the lads puked out the window(Phil wouldn't pull over) and left a lovely new 'go faster stripe' on the paint work... Nice ;D

funny as when your 12 years old ;)

Do you remember the jump in the corner of the car park?
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

jon moss

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 11:39 PM »
thats awesome. that was the first proper bmx track i ever rode. well redcar might have been. they were my first local tracks when i was like 5 or somethin. im 25 now anyway

aditup 2234

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Once again, great pics Paul.
Check out Nick (21) in second pic. A rare picture of Nick on his "stingray" as he soon upgraded, long before me!
Ad  :daumenhoch:

paulgray

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Great pics, I remember going to Guisy track in the back of the Church Street Cycles van...  can't remember who it was, but one of the lads puked out the window(Phil wouldn't pull over) and left a lovely new 'go faster stripe' on the paint work... Nice ;D

funny as when your 12 years old ;)

Do you remember the jump in the corner of the car park?

I remember the jump in the car park, good for about six foot of air, but landing on the flat rocky ground was hard on your bike. My fave thing at Magra was the second berm, a real wall of death, one of the best ever.

paulgray

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 11:01 AM »
thats awesome. that was the first proper bmx track i ever rode. well redcar might have been. they were my first local tracks when i was like 5 or somethin. im 25 now anyway

It's strange to think of you racing at Guisborough and only being 25  :laugh:, still in your prime mate. Do you ride nowadays? The Hartlepool track is great  :daumenhoch:

keiththompson

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 10:17 PM »
I remember when the national was covered in BMX Action from Guisborough and the statement on the track building... "A track to make Leary weary and Stu Blue"

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Truly fantastic.
Margrove was one of my fave tracks - probably around 83 - 85 ish?
I remember racing against my best mate, Marc Thompson in the motos one day and we were about killing each other it was so competitive.  Our dads were going mental!
I may have some pics somewhere and as soon as I can find and scan them in I will try and get them up.

P.s. - was up visiting last week (I live near Crewe now) and took my new bike (1st one in 20 years) to Hartlepool.  A great track for sure.

paulgray

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Truly fantastic.
Margrove was one of my fave tracks - probably around 83 - 85 ish?
I remember racing against my best mate, Marc Thompson in the motos one day and we were about killing each other it was so competitive.  Our dads were going mental!
I may have some pics somewhere and as soon as I can find and scan them in I will try and get them up.

P.s. - was up visiting last week (I live near Crewe now) and took my new bike (1st one in 20 years) to Hartlepool.  A great track for sure.

Yea a good track BITD and good to hear you've got a bike again, looking forward to seeing you pics added to the collection.

Did you ever ride Ayton Quarry? http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=72704.0

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Yep- rode Ayton but only after I turned to the dark side (26").
Glad to be back - will be looking for my pics!
P.s. - good to see pictured of my old man's yellow van in the background of someone's Teesside Airport pics.

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 06:39 PM »
One or two limited Magra pics in here.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=79801.0

moanjam

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 04:23 PM »
crackin vid mate i raced guisboro  a few times 81-82 ish , used to come down from south shields with me pal gary prosser ,hav a couple o photos will try to get them on

moanjam

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Has anyone got pictures from the old Guisborough track at Margrove  Park. If you have then get em posted here please  ;)

For more North East tracks see BigPlinkys thread here -> http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=72968.0

Adam Foster, magra 82/83

picture of me on the first table top at guisboro on this thread  http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=79145.30

PK6061

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 10:40 PM »
hi dean after the goose did u get a raceinc. (remember that white van was it your dads?

paulgray

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 10:53 AM »

Adam Foster, magra 82/83

picture of me on the first table top at guisboro on this thread  http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=79145.30

Good clear photo, brings back lots of memories.

Them were the days ...

moanjam

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 06:32 PM »
hi dean after the goose did u get a raceinc. (remember that white van was it your dads?
i did mate  loved that race inc wish i still had it ,that was my dads van , little sooty van lol good times ended up with a ta as my last bike , happy days got my first goose from hendersons in washington next to the track , i'm busy doing a replica resto

moanjam

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 06:34 PM »

Adam Foster, magra 82/83

Good clear photo, brings back lots of memories.

Them were the days ...
that was the day they made that video you posted i remember the cameras

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Guisborough BMX track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx