gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 11:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  spill your memories,give us a story.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: spill your memories,give us a story.  (Read 3922 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
spill your memories,give us a story.
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:20 PM »
while everyones about tonight and  in fine humour,give us all a story about this more unknown era.

a short on to start

the year 1997 i think   a day out with a few pals, millsey and co  been to rom burnt to toast again of the concret glare
set of to leigh  ,had a good ride as usual then time for a pot noodle and drink,i was sat on the benches by the vert ramp
and watching some good moves by locals,a tall tall ginger lad "skateboarder" came and sat down beside us.
this 6'5+ ginger wizz couldnt arf ride well .we got chatting and he asked why we still rode bmx ,i remember just saying
couldnt ever let it go.i watched him later sat on the vert ramp just watching the bmx going off  for over an hour,,,i still wonder what he was thinking that day.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: spill your memories,give us a story.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:29 PM »
backyard 96!

booked in at the spookiest hotel in hastings. lazarou and his lady were two rooms from mine. in the middle of the night laz climbed onto the window ledge and stood at the window of what he thought was my room next to his, with full intent on scaring the sh!t out of me he proceeded to make noises and scratch the windows. to then find out that it wasn't my window but some old ladies instead!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  laz is priceless .a forever friend

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:33 PM »
backyard 97

four of us went that year, laz and myself in hotel and the other two in the back of the van. in the morning laz and myself sat in the bay window to eat our cornflakes and full english over looking the sea when the van door slid open and two smelly fat fookers climbed out, sat on the wall and watched us eat. there faces were priceless!

JT71

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:34 PM »
god knows what year, I left home and moved into a flat in banbury...late 90s.

tried drugs and skating but neither stuck. wonder what would have happened had i gotten back into bmx then...i coveted the bikes i saw but ended up on a hardtail with 100mm travel forks (a lot then)  and 26" wheels, tried a couple of bmxes but mtbs seemed easier.....as did the filthy milf I ended up moving in with. lol.

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:54 PM »
at one of the later Backyard Jams a load of us went down in a mates transit van. The first night, a punk girl ended up sleeping in the van with us. She got in the front seat and got it on with one of the lads we were with, on the front seat of the van, even tho she was kinda pretending to be asleep the whole time. He was lookin over the seats at us, telling us things like "she has 2 pairs of knickers on!". We all fell asleep and left them to it. I woke a few hours later and the seats were rocking. I looked over and she was giving my mate a hand job, but still pretending to be asleep. The hand job wasnt great and my mate was struggling to "finish". He was just about to get there when he caught my eyes looking over the front seats. I think that put a stop to any happy ending he was hoping for!

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Road trip, 1992 ending at the Rider Cup in Spittlefields Market.  3 raggy Hartlepool lads in a Nissan Sunny saloon hire car, been eating junk food for days,  tired as, we found a field just of a dark country lane near Nottingham to park up and get some kipp...  middle of the night, we get a tap on the window and torch in my face, half a sleep I wound window down only to see a young female officer gagging on the stench of a nights worth rotten egg farts seeping out of the car...

"move the car please lads, your parked on a golf course"  ;D

Whoops :buck2:

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01 PM »
pervert!

walking along hastings prominade with a battered marsbar

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 09:03 PM »
   ;D

JT71

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 09:03 PM »
pervert!

walking along hastings prominade with a battered marsbar

hastings? surely that's completely the wrong end of the uk for a battered mars bar?  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 09:08 PM »
1990ish Early October

Picking Mushrooms in a area known as Egton mass, foggy as fook middle of knowhere around 6.am. Three off us there on a night club tip off . Fooked from sleeping in a Nova 1.2 make our way down a country road in the pitch black.
Freezing with one of the lads moaning about the cold and wanting to get back in the car we struggled on.

Good trip on the night though  :daumenhoch:

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 09:16 PM »
koc 98ish

one of mine and laz's 'associates' decided he was going to drop off the prominade wall on his bike. he rode forward to gain momentum and then literally dropped off. he didn't pull up or anything. just rode off, nosedived into the floor and ended in a heap around his bike displaying a serious sweaty arse crack that later became known as 'southsea arse' in lazarous best man's speach!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 09:44 PM »

i poo'ed in a box once and some bugger stole it  :-\

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 10:08 PM »
BMX racing world champs 99 or 2000, JJ as usual stood with his race pants open and hanging round his knees to cool off, (he raced in stinking hot conditions that day)  next to the mini bus when Martin "Oggy" Ogden ran round the bus and de-bagged him in front of all the kids on the trip with us  :LolLolLolLol:

:) DINGO :)

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 10:28 PM »
1997, 4 hour drive to mount hawke, get to ride for an hour before it closes, Out on the piss in Newquay and wake up next morning to Jase Hewitt puking in the sink, then drive another 4 hours home as to ill to ride!!! 8 hours driving for 1 hours riding  :idiot2:  :LolLolLolLol:

bmxbert

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 11:12 PM »
around 98 i worked at rampage in leigh on sea. me and another guy at the time was creasoting under the big spine and the vert wall of the complex. we had a bit of a
chuff and a bevy and got on with our painting. turns out to much creasote and beer n puff makes pretty messy 17 year olds!!!! lol. the guy who helped me now skates for death and is called lee blackwell. think stu king jerry galley and lemsip were also there that weekend. and scott from t1. he was a beast on the jumpbox.
 :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 12:21 AM »
All I can tell you about this era is that I entered a drink and drug induced haze around 1991 and re-appeared sometime in 2002, I have hardly any memories of this period, but apparantly I got married and divorced during it.

I am impressed that some of you rode BMX's during the 90's, as I was so fooked that I couldn't even spell BMX.

The End.  :D

condor96

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 02:44 AM »
sep 97-last play contest held,daytona bch stonedge skatepark,last contest i entered (article in ride bmx us dec/jan 97.anybody got a copy of the props that covered it?)
i wake up early to get there to register for the comp.get there and mike andrews (current eastern rider now) pulls up in his trademark beat van,i walk up and start talking to him like i usually did,telling him about how im kinda nervous about the comp. he starts his usual warm up technique which was alcohol "here,drink some of this,itll calm your nerves" well i take a huge chug, then another.....then about 5 mins later when he was padding up(all hes wearing is pink shorts and a full face with a huge thug sticker on the visor lol) i realize im halfway drunk. "ok i can still ride tho....sorta" go inside out the back door so i can fill out the sign your life away form(idk how i even signed my name at the time) talking to hal from play and chad degroot and ryan nyquist are standing right behind me. chad is giving ryan shit about how he spins so many barspins all the time. "you must use vasoline in your headset" then he trails off saying a bunch of gay type stuff to him,im laughing the whole time.(this is right after baco "pride came out....with rainbow sticker. ive always questioned chads sexuallity) ryan throws a mostly empty powerade bottle,misses him and nails me right in the back of the head. i about fall into the stand and almost knock down a bunch of sprockets. "sorry" its all good,dont worry about it. fast foward a bit. im standing next to the box jump watching the runs and im standing next to cory nastazio. i look over at him and he is doing some tit grab gesture towards my buddy joes hot hot gf standing on one of the quarters next to the bowl. shes giving him the finger shaking her head nooooo. i lean in saying "thats my buddies gf,leave her alone. hes getting pisst and will beat the shit out of you,hes bigger than you" he turns to me and gets right up in my face " stay the fook out of this,not your concern"(he was always a cock-a-doodle-doy prick asshole when he came to the park weekly) to which i reply "it is my bussiness,they are my good friends" yada yada i almost get in a fight with him. somebody else rolls up and breaks it up. fast foward a bit more. my runs are coming up. now im already still pretty buzzed and still riled up bout cory and super nervous about the comp. my runs are terrible. at the end of my last run i say "fook it, im riding so terrible im MY park,ill try something good"  nyquist gives me a pat on the shoulder and says "good luck". i try a 360 lookback to a feble grind down the side of the box......well i mostly pulled it, something with my pedal catches the coping on the side. instant stop.(bent my primo pedal almost straight back) i jack myself so hard into the bars i flip over them and bounce so hard off the ground both my shoes come flying off ten feet in the air. knocks all the breath out of me,but the crowd thought it was the shit. takes a sec to get up to which i look up to my buddies tim and joe about tackle me,thinking it was so awesome i went for it......and that i slammed that hard and am not dead. i stagger over to underneath the mini where i sit for quite awhile,dazed and confused. comp ends,mike asks "did my juice help?" ummmm....no lol.everybody leaves after awhile. then the next day i hear of hal flipping the van back home. crazy day.........i got a bunch of stories but i think that was the funniest/best. mid school rocks. pics are blurry but look at the sequence of mike and what he is wearing....pink/purple shorts,buff and cut with a huge "thug" sticker on his lid riding the shit out of his condor lol. he always did funny shit that made me laugh.

i even got my name in the mag for such shit runs :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 06:58 AM by condor96 »

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 09:29 AM »
KOC in 93 or 94...
Tim Ruck was supposed to be writing up the contest for Ride. I took Tim over to the Jolly Sailir pub at 11am, with our [now sadly passed away] friend Keasty.
In the pub, we drank a gallon of cider each [8 pints!] and during the course orf our visit, Keasty and Tim challenged a man just out of prison THAT DAY for GBH to a pool match. They beat him and he was so drunk he actually paid up the £0 they had bet with him - and he was a terrifying man to be around.
I then fell down the concteret steps of the pub, split my chin open, and we all went back to the seating area stands next to the street course where Tim spent the rest of the contest being sick right at the back of the stands on the top row.
Needlees to say no write up went into Ride, in fct in that issue, they even mention in the news section that there should have been a write up but someone got too drunk I think...!
Happy days.

KOC 92

We had all sneakily booked into the holiday park in southsea with our tents - loads and loads of us as single bookings - and we then got trolleyed in the campsite bar - unbelievalbly a group of about 7 really cute girls walked in... and that eveing we all got luvky back in ther caraven. Well, some did, others of us took our lovin' to the beach and slept there!

SaMAlex

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 09:45 AM »
KOC, early 90s. We got there for the friday night and slept on the grass outside. 3 girls ended up hanging out with us, and my mate was up for some fun. He didnt bother with the better looking one, thinking she would be less lightly to put out. Later, when he was in the bushes outside the skatepark with one of the "lesser looking" girls, she was reluctant to his advances. We all heard him shout out "Come on, Ive alowed for this!"

moomin

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 10:15 AM »
backyard jam early 90's, we travelled down to the duly's on the friday night, drinking and more drinking ensued, me and my beau of the time feeling very fruity and fuelled by drink decided that a bit of hows your father was the way forward, we thought the peeps in the next room were asleep, well, they were but we woke them up :-[ dug us out for the entire weekend for that  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 11:52 AM »
backyard jam early 90's, we travelled down to the duly's on the friday night

I stayed at Dulys house in 92 (I think?). Were you also there that night?

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Steve Bell ??????????   Tolkien figure ????????

;D

moomin

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 12:41 PM »
I stayed at Dulys house in 92 (I think?). Were you also there that night?

I didn't stay at Keiths 92 but did 93

Some of the original BAD (bicycles and Dirt) gang there, classic, still have my BAD shirt and membership card  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:42 PM by Mrs Ratty »

Sean 2000

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 01:11 PM »

i poo'ed in a box once and some bugger stole it  :-\

Fookin Pikey's! They will nick anything Pete.  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  spill your memories,give us a story.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx