gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 10:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 136629 times)

paulgray

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2008, 06:50 PM »
LAND OF THE  GIANTS

Ste ... err ...  or Mike , death pack 1

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:21 PM by paulgray »

mikebmx92

« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2008, 07:13 PM »
 :wtf: why are my pics so small haha. thats me on the bottom on paul... land of the giants indeed.... av ittt

paulgray

« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2008, 07:49 PM »
:wtf: why are my pics so small haha. thats me on the bottom on paul... land of the giants indeed.... av ittt

I was gonna say "size isn't everything" but in this case it is  :LolLolLolLol:

Mike's photos comming soon in LARGE  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 07:07 PM by paulgray »

paulgray

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Ya just gotta love this pictcha

mikebmx92

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2008, 08:37 PM »
go on stevie lad thats what were talkin about :2gunsfiring_v1:

Maccaz

« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Alright guys, its cockney Matt  ;D

good days work done today, rebuilding the berm and digging out the drainage channel. shame that im back off to London tuesday. Anyway, looking forward to builds during christmas and ridinh in the summer (if the weather holds out this year  ;))

anyway heres a few pics.

Me banging down the new table/hip:

cliffside:

this bog summizes the quarry in the winter - water logged (work crew also!)

Anyway, good times. see you guys come christmas  ;)

keiththompson

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Cracking pic's. :daumenhoch:

The second and third  pics down on "more of Ste", That tree must have been hacked back abit ::)

Enjoyed "DIGGING" today, just like the old days... Wish I was still a "TESTER" :(

mikebmx92

« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2008, 12:25 AM »

The second and third  pics down on "more of Ste", That tree must have been hacked back abit ::)

Enjoyed "DIGGING" today, just like the old days... Wish I was still a "TESTER" :(
aye it fell on the jump mate many moons ago.. shame, i liked that tree aswell.. im still the jump tester mate and im 30 this year... might have to pass that job on soon haha

Maccaz

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2008, 09:38 AM »

aye it fell on the jump mate many moons ago.. shame, i liked that tree aswell.. im still the jump tester mate and im 30 this year... might have to pass that job on soon haha

haha i would volunteer, i just dont have cajones ;)

nigel hutton

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2008, 07:14 PM »

haha i would volunteer, i just dont have cajones ;)

great to see everyone up the quarry yesterday good crack! really in awe of the new photo,s make the old ones look very tame,but still great to see.sick of saying "can,t wait for next summer" if i,m not saying it  jack is.love the quality of friendship you get from all being bmxers theres just no pressure from anyone thanks again everyone.keep digging ,AQL.

paulgray

« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2008, 07:20 PM »
Hey, thanks for the help Matty,

and also thanks to your friend Pierre, or should that be "mad" Pierre :idiot2: for coming all the way from France and abandoning his surfology (u r taking the piss aren't you) studies, to dig the hallowed ground (sloppy mud) of Ayton quarry. :daumenhoch:

nigel hutton

« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2008, 08:46 PM »

and also thanks to your friend Pierre, or should that be "mad" Pierre :idiot2: for coming all the way from France and abandoning his surfology (u r taking the piss aren't you) studies, to dig the hallowed ground (sloppy mud) of Ayton quarry. :daumenhoch:
ye mats not a bad lad............for a soft cockney geezer!

nigel hutton

« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2008, 09:36 PM »

paul ye gonna hav ta get ye self a new bike for crimbo mate

paulgray

« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Ok you dirt junkies, here's tonight's fix

I think Ste is coming off a hip to the side of DP3

I think this is Mike, same jump as above

Ste, July 2000
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:49 PM by paulgray »

paulgray

« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2008, 09:42 PM »

There's nowt wrong with me old GT, got another twenty years in it I reckon.  :laugh:

However, we do need to find Tommy a Puch Murray (we know he's pining after one) and a stripey jumper :2funny:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:15 PM by paulgray »

keiththompson

« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2008, 11:12 PM »

There's nowt wrong with me old GT, got another twenty years in it I reckon.  :laugh:

However, we do need to find Tommy a Puch Murray (we know he's pining after one) and a stripey jumper :2funny:

And a red shirt with big F*** o** collers for extra air-time glide.
I bet if I still had my PM it would be worth twice as much as a modern new one....................OK maybe not... :buck2:

keiththompson

« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2008, 11:19 PM »

Good idea, then I can buy the GT for a fiver :daumenhoch:

thrashmaster

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2008, 02:14 AM »
yo was reallly good too see all those photos of ste, absolutely best style ever, punk as fuk ha. i know his brother mark real well from the ape skatepark days. we just lost our trails in nunthorpe and were thinking of digging over near wynyard. occassionally the idea crossed my mind to dig at the quarry and everytime i thought about it i got chills because of the history of that place.i remember watching ste, mike and chris stauffers' mix section on bicycles and dirt when i first started riding in 2000 and being completely in awe.that clip where ste does a no foot can and a dude holding a camera does some crazy kicks haha shit that clip is burnt into my mind. anyway, we would be really interested in helping out digging with you all.just wondering what days you go up to dig and what not.really would be a privelege to say we helped out dig some big jumps at ayton quarry.

cheers,
bob

paulgray

« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2008, 04:47 PM »
Hey Bob,

Good to hear your interested in helping out. The plan is to dig on a weekend, 10 till 4 if the weather is reasonable. At the moment Mike and Ste are concentrating on maintenance of the big stuff with some improvements thrown in. Me and Nige and the rest of the AQFF are trying to make the quarry more interesting for less advanced riders and beginners, we want there to be something for everyone. It's really sloppy at the moment so expect to get dirty. Ask Ste about where to park as he said there have been a few problems parking at the top of the road.

Any help and good ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Great pics Paul , keep em comin'  :daumenhoch:

nigel hutton

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Hey Bob,

Good to hear your interested in helping out. The plan is to dig on a weekend, 10 till 4 if the weather is reasonable. At the moment Mike and Ste are concentrating on maintenance of the big stuff with some improvements thrown in. Me and Nige and the rest of the AQFF are trying to make the quarry more interesting for less advanced riders and beginners, we want there to be something for everyone. It's really sloppy at the moment so expect to get dirty. Ask Ste about where to park as he said there have been a few problems parking at the top of the road.

Any help and good ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Paul
tell ye what that hip landing on the third death pack is gonna have to be built again it looks sweet.told matt i was gonna build that this winter even before i saw the new pictures it,s getting done! AQL

keiththompson

« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Whats AQL and AQFF :uglystupid2:

Eddy

« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2008, 01:06 PM »
AQL is Ayton Quarry Locals, they had nice T-shirts once!

AM not sure what AQFF is

paulgray

« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2008, 04:43 PM »
AQFF- Ayton Quarry Founding Farthers, the original diggin crew, an elite group of hardcore has beens, old fools with spades, deserving of great reverence.  :crazy2:

yoda

« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2008, 05:14 PM »
AQFF- Ayton Quarry Founding Farthers, the original diggin crew, an elite group of hardcore has beens, old fools with spades, deserving of great reverence.  :crazy2:

Oh I thought AQFF was for the more senior riders...Ayton Quarry Fat F**ks ....  ???
anyway where can I get a shirt from......  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx