gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144242 times)

keiththompson

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Looking good :daumenhoch:

Were you on your own?  Unfortunately, Ive been conscripted into decorating today and most of the week, possibly running into next week, so ill get there when I can >:(

We could do with a bit of help, lets hope they are there on saturday. The dog still needs walking so I might just get there as well ::)

nigel hutton

« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2009, 07:21 PM »
berm looks sweet  will the berm still allow the spawn of death pack to go over it ok though can,t tell on photos?

magna13

« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2009, 09:48 PM »
These pics are amazing all way through! wish we had something like that :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

paulgray

« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2009, 10:15 PM »
berm looks sweet  will the berm still allow the spawn of death pack to go over it ok though can,t tell on photos?

I think so, at worst we might need to re-jig it a bit. 

paulgray

« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20 PM »
These pics are amazing all way through! wish we had something like that :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Cheers Magna, if your ever up here come and have some fun. There must be some trails near Bristol, no?

scott250

« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2009, 11:33 PM »
Hello all, sorry still have not had any time to have a walk up, been so much on as i'm doing up a house outside of work + kids = not much time for building/riding.  Been on my bike about 3 times in the last month :( .

been going up the track on me dinner hour when I can do do a little track modding ;)  but naughty, but you know :P

rebuilt this one that takes you to a berm lander.

and this little set if you rollover the berm & and lift to hip onto the big table top and you can see.

Got some rider freinds of mine down my jumps rebuilding them, they are doing a great jobĀ¬

soon be summer...

magna13

« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2009, 06:10 PM »

Cheers Magna, if your ever up here come and have some fun. There must be some trails near Bristol, no?
If there is paul then i wanna know about it :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

paulgray

« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Hello all, sorry still have not had any time to have a walk up, been so much on as i'm doing up a house outside of work + kids = not much time for building/riding.  Been on my bike about 3 times in the last month :( .

been going up the track on me dinner hour when I can do do a little track modding ;)  but naughty, but you know :P

rebuilt this one that takes you to a berm lander.

and this little set if you rollover the berm & and lift to hip onto the big table top and you can see.

Got some rider freinds of mine down my jumps rebuilding them, they are doing a great jobĀ¬

soon be summer...

What the hell you hitting with that hammer Scott? Looks like a can of cavity wall filler has exploded and filled your house  :-\

Your jumps are looking good. We're gonna leave ours looking rough till the weather improves then tart them up a bit.

And where is that track ?

paulgray

« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2009, 04:18 PM »
One day closer to springtime and another landing built by me and Nige  :daumenhoch:

Need to get this corner sorted out Keith, what's your plan?  :P

We could abandon the small berm and hit SDP from here!?

We could make the berm exit to the right of SDP or remove it and let the trail go across the front of the DP then down the back side, over the table and into the DP2 berm  :laugh:

scott250

« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2009, 09:27 PM »

What the hell you hitting with that hammer Scott? Looks like a can of cavity wall filler has exploded and filled your house  :-\

Your jumps are looking good. We're gonna leave ours looking rough till the weather improves then tart them up a bit.

[/quote]

Haha, yer just some mad 70's fake wooden wall stuck on with glue,,its all down now ready for new kitchen to go in.

Tracks in Darlo, near to the old one but on the other side of the main road before you get to the a1.

Is that berm jump going to work?  anyone jumped it yet?

keiththompson

« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2009, 11:43 PM »

Need to get this corner sorted out Keith, what's your plan?  :P

It might sound daft, but I had this crazy idea of a 360 berm :P Ill explain when I see you.
Ill be out with the dog at sometime tomorrow, so ill text you then to see what time ill be up.

Cracking pics by the way :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2009, 12:34 AM »
ther buildin some trails up scunny woods in darlo aswell

gonna get up av a look when wifey is betta

aint been on me park bike for months

russ

paulgray

« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2009, 12:09 PM »

Haha, yer just some mad 70's fake wooden wall stuck on with glue,,its all down now ready for new kitchen to go in.

Tracks in Darlo, near to the old one but on the other side of the main road before you get to the a1.

Is that berm jump going to work?  anyone jumped it yet?

It's been too wet test any of the new stuff so there will almost certainly be modifications to make come the spring. The berm jump could be tricky, at the moment the priority is to move dirt into position and fine tune it later.

paulgray

« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2009, 12:13 PM »
ther buildin some trails up scunny woods in darlo aswell

gonna get up av a look when wifey is betta

aint been on me park bike for months

russ

We will have to have to get out and have a look at these other trails and pick up some tips and ideas.

Get well soon Mrs. MADD DOGG.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2009, 03:29 PM »
cheers paul,,wife is on her way mate

will catch up soon

russ

paulgray

« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Today's picture from a cold and snowy quarry. Tommy is working on "Project 360"  :4_17_5: and I have started on a low berm next to the swamp.

keiththompson

« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2009, 08:25 PM »
My daft idea has started :D
Lots of digging to make what could be a classic trail, or a load of cr*p. Its hard to explain what the idea is, and these poor pics dont help but here goes...
This first pic is shown as number "1" on the diagram at the bottom and direction of the photo

coming out of the proposed berm its a fast shoot down ( number 2 on diagram )into a proposed 450 degree berm at the bottom in the shape of a number "6"

The rest of these pics are random pics of the area and dont really show much other than a mess of "work-in-progress", but come spring when its finished, all smoothed out and a bit dryer, then I hope this wil have been worth it.
pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

A rough sketch of the "plan"........looks good on paper.....but.....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 10:24 PM by keiththompson »

scott250

« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Nice plan, haha.  Hope it works.

Maccaz

« Reply #318 on: February 02, 2009, 12:43 PM »
many twists and turns paul. i like! i went up on my own friday evening. things have really come on guys. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

nigel hutton

« Reply #319 on: February 02, 2009, 01:55 PM »
i,d like to keep the berm going into sdp it will be a testing take off but a good challenge.tell ya what after going round the new berm though the death pack i,d love to put in a set leading over to the berm next to the hip jumps then over the other berm and onto the small rythem section keeping the flow good,rather than berming round the swamp,just an idea.great to see all these lines can,t wait to ride.AQL

keiththompson

« Reply #320 on: February 02, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I think Paul was thinking of doing both Nige. The new berm round the swamp and a trail heading over to the old berm.

paulgray

« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2009, 10:48 AM »

hudu

« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2009, 06:16 PM »
I seem to have run up against the same white-out conditions at my new spot. Gonna try for a late night dig though as the snow means you can see in the woods at night. Just hope the ground ain't frozen below.

Good work Paul and the crew up there, would love to pay a visit in summer.  :4_17_5:

nigel hutton

« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2009, 08:23 PM »
i just wish i hadn,t looked at that snow picture thats just depressing

nigel hutton

« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2009, 09:25 PM »
went up late this afternoon took my spade thinking the sun would have melted more today.the only brown stuff showing was the hip,s. did some work on those but was gutted with the amount of snow still about,give it a few more days and we,ll be back working need to get the new 8 pack done,it seems a million miles away but spring is right round the corner.hoping mike and ste will be up soon we need there input.hope to see you all soon lads AQL

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx